I just saw this on the Airtran website. about Miami.

Tigger1313

Mouseketeer
Service will discontinue for Miami, FL effective Sun, June 03, 2012. Please try your search again.

Maybe SW will fly into Miami starting after June 3 2012 :cool1:.

I hope so, I'm sailing on the 5 night out of Miami on the Magic in 2013 and I
really want to fly SW

You also have the option to fly into Fort Lauderdale airport.

SOuthwest bought out Airtran...that might have something to do about it.

Just book your flights that fit your schedule and budget, even if Disney does not provide transportation from Ft. Lauderdale, there are always rental cars, taxies, shuttles and such, it will work out.

Fort lauderdale is a much easier airport to fly into and out of as compared to the crowds of Mia. I live near the fll airport but always price out of both when we travel because with no traffic Mia is only 25 minutes away. FLL flights are almost always cheaper with great direct flight options. I have flown airtran many times out of fll, it's easy in and out and security lines move quickly.

If I were sailing out of Miami I would never consider flying into Fort Lauderdale airport. FLL is small with huge crowds, you can't go through security until 90 minutes before your flight and the lines are so long! There is no place to sit except the floor waiting until it's time to go through security, then once through security the gate area is even smaller. Especially on a Saturday or Sunday, there are often over 20,000 people getting off the ships at port everglades and flying home, and another 20,000 arriving to board. When I sail out of Miami, I use MIA, which is big enough to hold everyone.

Southwest bought Air Tran about a year ago and started the rebranding and transition on 02/12/2012. Southwest reported in the Atlanta news media that they would be transitioning from the Air Tran brand to Southwest brand over the next 18 months. Over this time Air Tran is being phased out as terminals and planes are remodeled to the Southwest logos and colors.

There will be no MIA service by SWA. Yes this is fact. I know this cause I work for SWA and we were told what cities that AirTran serves we will be keeping. MIA was not one of them. Sorry to report that.

There will be no MIA service by SWA. Yes this is fact. I know this cause I work for SWA and we were told what cities that AirTran serves we will be keeping. MIA was not one of them. Sorry to report that.

Your information supports what happened in Newport News VA. The contract for Airtran was up mid March and they are no longer there and it was announced that SouthWest is not coming in. Too bad because a new terminal was built in this small airport for AirTran before the announcement. Through Feb of this year AirTran transported over 45% of the passengers out of the airport. They are trying to find replacements but nothing to good yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter