I Just got back!

FantasiaMagic

DIS Veteran
Hello ALL,

I just got back from my 9 day long vactation to the world...and let me say I had the best time...but am now in "the depression"...

Me and my family (4) stayed at the Kidani Villas at Animal KINGdom Lodge in a studio.

The resort was great , really pretty, the animals perk was awesome.

The only problem we had is that there is no quickservice place there. The only eating options you have are MAJI by the pool and Sanaa downstairs. We ate at Maji a couple of times and really liked it, but did not eat at Sanaa because that just didnt interest us. I know you can walk/bus to the Mara to AKL Jambo but it just seemed inconvienienct..

but besides that everything was great...

On the day we went to EPCOT the weather was great, got FPs no problem. Saw some characters - I even saw the Queen of Hearts (but didnt get in line). - I just thought that was so funnny to see her there!!!

We went to both WPs - TF/BB. and we had the BEST time. If you go to Disney in the summer months I definitley recommend going to at least one of them. We prefered TF over BB - the wave pool/shark reef (both awesome!!!) This was not our first time at the WPs, but we just hadn't been there in a while

I have no pictures now but let me just say everything was great this trip. I am now in the process of planning the next trip! Wish me Luck!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone - and if you are going to the world soon - you are VERY Lucky!!!!!

-FantasiaMagic :wizard:

Did you rent points? Are all studio villas in that area? I didn't realize it was so far from Jambo House so no quick service nearby. That is very good to know as we are considering ranting DVC points for a studio there. How was the bus service? Is it a forever long ride to Magic Kingdom? Did you stay in a value, standard or savannah view? Curious to hear more but lack of quick service may be the deal breaker- darn it !
But glad it was fun!!!

Oh and we returned three months ago from the world and I am still in the depression! That is the hardest vacation to return from!

Thanks for the updates of your trip! Glad you had a great time, but we all know that feeling of it being over and you are back home... planning another trip will cure that right away! ::yes::

Did you rent points? Are all studio villas in that area? I didn't realize it was so far from Jambo House so no quick service nearby. That is very good to know as we are considering ranting DVC points for a studio there. How was the bus service? Is it a forever long ride to Magic Kingdom? Did you stay in a value, standard or savannah view? Curious to hear more but lack of quick service may be the deal breaker- darn it !
But glad it was fun!!!

No, we did not rent points - we are DVC. W never did the walk to Jambo (ive heard its about 15 minutes) , or you can take a bus there (which we did). Just make sure you bring some stuff for breakfast (there is no breakfast there either - no even at Sanaa). W stayed in a standard view there (Rafiki area) and there are bigger rooms near you. We did not go to MK (only EPCOT, BB and TF) but it shouldn't be that bad! BTW - the Mara was goood! - and rent pouints at Jambo??

We did have a great time there though and if you do end up going you will enjoy it!

Just curious...is there a place at Kidani where you can refill a resort mug? We'll be staying there in January.

Thank you so much for the response and the info! Does Jambo House ( hope I am understanding this correctly but I believe that is part of the main lodge) have DVC studios? and I am assuming the main lodge had quick service?

Just curious...is there a place at Kidani where you can refill a resort mug? We'll be staying there in January.

Yes, there are 2 locations

1. inside the gift shop (JOhari treasures) - They also have coffee here

2. at the poolside bar/QS lunch (Maji)

Yes. Kidani has a refillable mug station, coffee, hot chocolate, teas and sodas all located on main floor in the store.

The main logde Jambo has a quick service Mara and is about a 10-15 min walk from Kidani.

Thank you so much for the response and the info! Does Jambo House ( hope I am understanding this correctly but I believe that is part of the main lodge) have DVC studios? and I am assuming the main lodge had quick service?

Yes I believe they have every type of rom that all other DVCs have - Studio, 1br, 2br, ect ...

I also wanted to add that the places for viewing the animals was much better @ Kidani than AKL/Jambo. Jambo also had different animals then Kidani but Kidani was great! :)

1 more thing I found on the trip: The pool at Kidani is much better than AKL. This is probably b/c its newer but the reasons are

-better slide
-poolside bar/lunch/mug refill station
-close to lobby

Is TF, typhoon lagoon??? I had no idea that the water parks had sharks in them. We have never been to a disney water park but maybe will try one this year since we are going in Sept.

Yes- 2 places - one in the gift shop in the lobby, and also by the pool bar.

I will be at Kidani the last 3 nights of my trip in a couple weeks! We always finish off our trip there- it is such such a beautiful, peaceful place to end our 10-night trip! The no quick service kind of bothered us at first, but not really anymore. The beauty and relaxation of the resort outweighs it!

Sounds like you had a blast :) The way we fight the 'depression' is to have another trip in the works before we leave LOL Even if it's just purchasing the next years planner book, or Passporter. Maybe even just purchasing a Disney Gift card to go towards our next trip, or booking bounceback.

All of those things seem to help us get over the fact that we're having to leave Disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter