I just can't decide, big lots or small on EBAY for clothes?

Microcell

DIS Veteran
I usually lump all of my kids stuff that they have outgrown into size categories, and sell lots of 16-20 at a time. I see people getting decent bids on single outfit lots. If you sell clothes, which way do you prefer?

I prefer single outfits. I know, even if I can get a great price on LOTS of clothes, half of those clothes I may not even want or need, which is why I'd rather shop for single outfits. JMO

I always look for lots, because it seems to save me on shipping. I hate to pay more in shipping than I did for the clothing.

Mary :cheer2:

Well it depends on the brands to me. If it is a Gymboree complete outfit then I say by outfits but if it is a lot of same size clothes that aren't a namebrand then do them by lots.

Not really a tiebreaker but my opinion! :rotfl:

I HAVE SOLD A FEW CLOTHING LOTS ON EBAY IN THE PAST AND ME PERSONALLY, I'D RATHER SELL THEM IN LOTS OF AT LEAST A FEW OUTFITS. THEY CHARGE YOU FOR EACH LISTING SO THAT'S WHY I DO IT THAT WAY-NOT SURE IF I COME OUT ANY BETTER OR NOT :wave:

dizneegirls said:
I HAVE SOLD A FEW CLOTHING LOTS ON EBAY IN THE PAST AND ME PERSONALLY, I'D RATHER SELL THEM IN LOTS OF AT LEAST A FEW OUTFITS. THEY CHARGE YOU FOR EACH LISTING SO THAT'S WHY I DO IT THAT WAY-NOT SURE IF I COME OUT ANY BETTER OR NOT :wave:

Ditto. I do just about everything in lots to save right there, but I can understand not wanting to buy clothing you don't want so you can have the clothing you do want. I recently sold a bunch of lots, but I did put out a few outfits in their own auction because they were nicer, practically new (worn once or twice) and I thought I could get more for them. Boy was I bummed. I got like $3 for the two outfits that I paid about $60 for brand new. Oh well. You win some, you lose some I suppose.

I tend to go with single items if it is a name brand that folks might search for ie: Abercrombie kids, Biscotti, Zoodles (though not sure how these will do now that they've gone out of business)

otherwise I'll go with lots. I even do gymboree in lots - but group items within size and line.

But as someone else mentioned, you just never know what will happen.
I've had things I thought I'd be lucky to get a couple of bucks for go higher than I ever imagined and then something I thought I'd do well with will go for the minimum bid.
:confused3

Good Luck with your auctions!

If it's Gymbo or Hanna, I definitely sell it individually. Sometimes, I do Gap individually as well.

Most often, I group 7-10 outfits in a lot and have done well with this.

I always look for lots, because it seems to save me on shipping. I hate to pay more in shipping than I did for the clothing.

I always offer combined shipping, and I prefer to shop with sellers that offer combined.

I have bought several gymboree items over the summer.. and I have bought by the piece or 2 piece outfit.. only 1 time was it sold as lot.. and it was only maybe 4 or 5 items. good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter