I hope you have your ADRs for Dec 5-12!!

lornak

DIS Veteran
I cannot believe how hard it is to get ADRs for this week. I was trying to make reservations for this week today and I told the CM I didn't care what date---just check the entire week. These restaurants were completely sold out:
Le Cellier
Teppan Edo
Hoop Dee Doo
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Coral Reef
Chef's De France
Tutto Italia was totally sold out except for one dinner at 9:30 PM!
Donald's Safari Breakfast

I'm not talking about a specific night---I mean for the ENTIRE WEEK!!!!

I made some adjustments and got down to just needing something for Dec 10 and she said the only restaurant in all of EPCOT with availability was Akershus!!! How is that possible?? This is really crazy. Is this just because of free dining?

Absolutely because of free dining, and honestly, I'm not too surprised. We booked our ADRs for the week before the minute (literally!) our dates opened up, and I still had to do some switching around on the days.

I hope this is just an indication of crowded restaurants and not crowded parks. :confused3

I am going Dec 12-18 and I have had a hell of a time.I hve been trying for almost a week for certain things and I was on at my 90 day mark at 300am!

While I certainly understand that free dining does keep the restaurants busier, my personal opinion is that this is more of an issue with the new dining reservation system. I don't trust it one bit . . . and it has certainly taken all the fun out my dining plans. :laughing: I'm just going to stick with the QSDP this year.

Free dining has undoubtedly made it more difficult, but I was able to get everything I wanted for our 12/13-20 trip, and I was online at 3 AM to do online ADRs. Keep checking - people do cancel all the time.

hey i'm there dec 5-8th and i know how you feel...so much for the off season. i started making my adr about 80-ish days before we go and had some of the same problem. two i couldn't get (cindy's royal table and le cellier) i kept checking back online and was just recently able to get them both. oh and i just cancelled a 630pm chefs de france for dec 5th...maybe it's still open??? i'd just say keep checking back.

oh and i have a feeling getting reservations is also because of the ability to make online reservations that we're having the problem too... i've heard on other disney related web sites that people are making multiple reservations "in case" they decide to use one over another for the same meal time.

I know how you feel. I was trying since our 90 day mark to get a different CRT dinner ressie. We had ressies for 5:45pm on our MVMCP night and didn't want the dinner to cut into the party. I went online morning, noon, and night to see if anyone had cancelled and nothing. I was so frustrated with the whole system. I even called MCO and still nothing. I got to the point of saying to myself..."at least I got an ADR". Well just tonight I happened to go on and look around and finally found an ADR that was more suitable for us. I just had to make it for a couple of days later, which I am very happy with. After I made my new ADR, I immediately canceled the old one. I know I made someone else just as happy as I was :goodvibes. So to the OP, don't give up, keep looking, and calling, and hording the ADR online and on the phone, something is bound to open up. Good luck.

Tell me about it. We are going the week of Dec 13-17 and it was hard to get one reservation. I finally got a breakfast at Ohana.

Weird, I guess it was a good thing I booked via DU as they made my calls and got everything I wanted. I even had a change a day or two later and I called myself to make the change and no problem at all. I switched from Cal Grill to Ohana.
I also only had my reservations set from Dec 10-14, We are going to be there from the 9th to the 15 but are arrival and departing times are taking up some good time.
Isn't it also harder during the dates you said because of Pop Warner?

Yep, going Dec. 4-12 and we have ours. We are doing the cruise in the middle, but made our ADRs for the weekend before and weekend after.

My husband and I will be there Dec 10-13 and I can't get ANYTHING I want!! I'm kicking myself! Normally when the whole family goes I book ADR's as soon as I can. But, since it was just the two of us, I kept dragging my feet thinking I'd have no problem with it just being two.:headache: I feel like such a Mo Mo:sad2:

For those out of luck with ADR's remember there are a few at the Boardwalk that are on the dining plan but do not take ADR's. The Brewery and ESPN.

Another option if all else fails is room service.

I'm glad I got the ones I got. All the main ones were gone, but I did get Kouzzina! :banana:

Anna

Remember, Pop Warner is there that week; so you can imagine how much harder it is going to get once the teams know who is going to the championships.....

We are going Dec 5-11 and called at 7, got everything I want (Chef Mickey, CP, California Grill, Yachtmans,Tusker House Breakfast Buffet,Yak&Yeti, The Wave, Ohana breakfast and dinner, LeCellier, and CRT breakfast). The only thing I had trouble was Chef Mickey...I did not get a time I wanted but I got it but half an hour early. I was on hold for 45 mins.

Tell me about it. We are going the week of Dec 13-17 and it was hard to get one reservation. I finally got a breakfast at Ohana.

We are going Dec 13-17 too! But I didn't have a problem at all. We are a party of 6 adults and 2 kids. I got everything I wanted but LeCellier (which I expected.) I even got Chef Mickey's for 900am on the 14th. I was up at 300am 90 days out, but last night I was playing to see how busy the places are going to be. I was still able to get ressie for the same place around the same times. 50's PT even gave alternatives for all the other DHS TS places. So I'm thinking you should be able to get something. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

We're going Dec. 12-18 and I didn't have any problems at all. Started making ADRs around 4:00am on my 90 day mark and got everything I wanted, plus some I wasn't even trying to get (Le Cellier).

Since then, I have added a breakfast at Kouzzina and a dinner at The Wave with no problem.

I also switched my California Grill time from 7:40pm to something a little later just this week.

I guess it's luck of the draw, but with the online ADR system it's so easy to log in and see if what you want is available and scoop it up that I would keep on checking---people cancel all the time!!

Good luck. :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter