I hope im not reasking .... If so sorry!!! Travel Agent..yes/no?

LisaMommyto2

Earning My Ears
So my question is travel agent, have you used one.. If so was it beneficial?

If you won't use one, is there a specific reason?

Thanks for your answered in advance!

We have in the past, and for special trips like our honeymoon. The next Disney trip (19 days time :-)) we booked online with Disney themselves. It was the best deal coming from the UK

At this point, I'm confident that I know enough to book exactly the trip we want.

But I'll still always use a travel agent.

For starters, someone else gets a commission off our trip at no cost to us. I figure it's good karma, paying it forward for the fact that we're lucky enough to be in a position to take a big vacation.

And, in addition, there's someone to call in our ADRs, and (most important) another pair of eyes looking for discounts.

For me, it's win-win.

I have never used a travel agent.

When were going to WDW I do it on their web site. There planning section is great and it really helpful and I never felt the need to go to a travel agent. It can all be overwhelming at times, but if you start planning soon enough it all works out. Plus dont try to over plan, sometimes that can spoil a trip because you feel like you have to be at places at certain times and you rush through and miss things.

When going to DLR since we don't stay on site so we just use expedia for booking the plane, hotel and car and buy our park tickets online prior to going.

I just booked through Disney. First vacation I didn't use a travel agent and it was so easy! I didn't do it online though, I called. It seemed better to speak with someone who could answer any questions I had throughout the process. I did try to make some dinner reservations online and I had a hard time getting the times I wanted, so I called and did that over the phone and was able to get my choice of times. Booked my airfare online and that was a piece of cake! Good luck!

I've had both good experiences and bad with travel agents - mainly AAA. However, I just booked my next vacation with Disney last week through AAA, and so far the agent has been absolutely amazing. I'd use her for any vacation in the future if possible.

The main reason I picked going through AAA was to get the discount. I know I am quite capable of booking my own trip - especially because Disney is pretty easy to plan and helpful. But to get a plan, I had to go through AAA to get a discount.

So unfortunately, in my case, it really depends on the agent.

What happens if you book with an agent and get a discount, but then free dining or something comes up, Will you be able to get free dining? or not because you already have an agent discount

What happens if you book with an agent and get a discount, but then free dining or something comes up, Will you be able to get free dining? or not because you already have an agent discount

You can't stack discounts; only one discount per reservation. But your travel agent will be happy to trade in the old discount for the better one.

I am planning my first Disney trip now and have been using a Dreams Unlimited agent. She is absolutely fantastic! I generally book all my own trips, but with Disney there can be so many moving parts an experienced person can be a great help. The insight and insider knowledge she has shared has me confident that this will be a great trip.

Thanks for the responses! My app is being a jerk and I couldn't find the thread lol. So replies are sketchy :-/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter