"I Heard They Shaved A Gorilla" - Reviews & Pix - COMPLETED Post # 155

I'm hijacking this thread for three reasons:

1. I loves it. :lovestruc It's really nice to see somebody going to the Duck and Fish, er Swan and Dolphin, because I think they get overlooked. (The dining locations, not the hideous monstrosities that are the actual buildings.)

2. To include 'nose goblin' and 'Don't Wiz On The Electric Fence' to the Ren and Stimpy nostalgia. (As well as the fact that I may or may not still have my Ren and Stimpy Christmas songs tape.) :santa:

3. If ya'll are going in October 2009, take me with you!! ::yes::

Hijacking of my threads is always permitted (and even welcomed) when it brings more Ren & Stimpy moments of nostalgia into the mix.

I agree, the Swan and Dolphin dining options don't get nearly enough coverage. I think it is because they are:
a) off the beaten path,
b) not on the dining plan (so they're 'off of' many people's radar), and
c) a few of them are rather expensive (BlueZoo, Shula's, Il Mulino), even by WDW standards.

I can't predict the future, but if past history is any indication, we will be planning to go sometime in October 2009. It might be time soon to see who else from the DIS might be planning to be there....

Scorpio ...

there are a group of us here already making plans for October 2009.

Jay and I will definitely be at WDW 10/16 - 10/24 staying at the BCV before leaving on the 24th for a 7-night Disney cruise. My understanding is that several of these folks are trying to plan in and around the same time period ... give or take depending on their schedules.

Once this year's F&W Fest is over I was going to start a DIS-meet thread on the community board ... I don't want to do it yet because I fear it may confuzzle some folks.

Mimsie, Scorpio, lovers of Ren and Stimpy .... join us!!!! :cool1:

Scorpio ...

Jay and I will definitely be at WDW 10/16 - 10/24 staying at the BCV before leaving on the 24th for a 7-night Disney cruise. My understanding is that several of these folks are trying to plan in and around the same time period ... give or take depending on their schedules.

Agent B,
My bad. I didn't know the cool kids were actually throwing a party, I thought they were just talking about throwing a party, while their folks were out of town. :lmao:
Seriously though, if those dates are firm, our usual plans will have us there about the same time. Sounds like we would have to tweak our schedule by a week to match up, but that is not unpossible. I may have a tough time explaining the need for the schedule change to my wife, as that would make her think that I am leading a double life, beyond my current supervillain persona. Still, it could be alot of fun.

:offtopic:
Maybe we could organize a 'drinking around the world' event for 2009. We'll need someone to hold up an oversized tour group flag, as we go from country to country, sampling the various beverages. Maybe wear a Time-Life Books operator looking headset, or carry a Mr. Microphone as well. Afterward, any of us still standing can go ride Mission Space, and make sure to turn our heads to the right, instead of looking straight ahead at the screen. (Editors Note: do not try that with a hangover. Drunk, maybe, hangover, that's a big no no.... believe me, I know!!):sick:

Rob

Scorpio ...

cool1:

We're planning on it!! We will be trying to rent DVC, not that I know what I'm doing.....:bitelip:

Scorpio ...

Once this year's F&W Fest is over I was going to start a DIS-meet thread on the community board ... I don't want to do it yet because I fear it may confuzzle some folks.

It's times like these I wish I were independently wealthy (or hadn't left my lovely Disney job to go in search of advanced degrees). I can promise that I'll be there in spirit! :goodvibes

If anybody's coming from the UK and would like the advantage of having their own personal tour guide and/or itinerary planner, you know where to find me. ;)

Quick Update as of 08/27/08:

Everyone,
Just got back from a wet and wild, quickly thrown together, tropical storm dodging, wind gusting, end of summer 4 day adventure to WDW. I will have some new reviews, with pictures, on the review board starting this weekend (hopefully).

Because I only have 5 restaurants to review this time (4 with pictures), I am going to change up my format, and post them as individual restaurant reviews, instead of in my usual continuous thread format. Trying to be a little different, and shake things up.

Just updating anyone who visited this thread, to let you know what's coming next, hopefully beginning by Sunday at the latest.

Robert P

Quick Update as of 08/27/08:

Everyone,
Just got back from a wet and wild, quickly thrown together, tropical storm dodging, wind gusting, end of summer 4 day adventure to WDW. I will have some new reviews, with pictures, on the review board starting this weekend (hopefully).

Because I only have 5 restaurants to review this time (4 with pictures), I am going to change up my format, and post them as individual restaurant reviews, instead of in my usual continuous thread format. Trying to be a little different, and shake things up.

Just updating anyone who visited this thread, to let you know what's coming next, hopefully beginning by Sunday at the latest.

Robert P

Sounds great! Can you post here and let us know when you have them up? I don't always get over to that board, but I do check my subscriptions.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter