I have all my ducks, um reservations, in a row. Mostly. Any suggestions?

persimmondeb

DIS Veteran
We'll be in the Orlando area for longer than this, but we're spending 12/11 and 12/12 at SSR and the night of 12/13 at the Swalphin. We have DxDp for the SSR nights, and there are three of us, all adults, none small eaters and my DS (22) is absolutely voracious. We also have two day hoppers.

So far I have Turf Club for an early dinner (5pm) on Monday (3 credits). We're planning to take it easy and visit Disney Springs that day, use the pool if it's warm enough. I looked for a character breakfast, but couldn't find one, and my husband didn't want to commit to an early day ADR, feeling that snack credits and an early dinner were sufficient.

On Tuesday we're hitting AK early and hopping to DHS for lunch. I have Hollywood and Vine for me and DH (2 credits) and Hollywood Brown Derby for DS (2 credits--and it's his first time eating in a fancy restaurant alone--he says he's fine and I'm sure he is). We have late reservations (9pmish) for Epcot for Chefs de France for me and DS and Tutto Italia for DH. (3 credits).

On Wednesday we may or may not be back in AK early, but we have lunch reservations at Garden Grill (3 credits) in Epcot, and latish dinner reservations (8pmish) at Tony's Town Square (3 credits).

This leaves me the snack credits, which I'm not worried about (they're only twelve of them over three days), and two leftover meal credits. We're clearly to the good even if we don't use them (which I'm not planning on) but it seems a little weird to leave them unaccounted for. Obviously they could be used on counter service if DS is feeling peckish, although it's not the best use of them.

Possibilities that had occurred to me--

A)if it's not pool weather, going over to GF cafe for an early lunch and figuring three people can do quite well on two credits, although DH is not enamoured of this idea.

B)if DS becomes hungry at Disney Springs, stopping in for a bite at one of their restaurants (he's absolutely entranced by Paddlefish's menu) and having DH and I have a drink with him and maybe snag something off his plate. This may be the most likely, but it depends on both his being hungry enough for a second full meal (likely, but not guaranteed) and their having walk-in availability.

C)seeing if I can swap Chefs de France for Monsieur Paul's. This is easy, and while I'm sure we'd enjoy it, we like Chef's de France and I'm not sure it's really what we want to do with those credits.

D)adding a breakfast of some kind, although nothing has really worked well timewise, etc. Best is Rainforest Cafe at AK, but it's not a much better use than counter service, plus I don't think anyone finds the idea very exciting. Maybe as a walk-in Wednesday morning if I still have those credits.

So, not a huge issue, but I might be happier to have a plan in place for them. DH, by the way, is a very picky eater, which is the reason for most of the split-ups and few of the choices.

Try not to leave DDxP credits on the table. You're looking at several hundred wasted dollars if you do. I agree with your idea for the three of you to share the last two credits. If DH isn't hungry or doesn't want to do that, he could easily find something else to do. I also think you should consider having breakfast one day with a early evening dinner. Breakfast at one of the resorts. You've got the credits, so why not. Care to share your itinerary and what activity is preventing you from having time for breakfast?

Well two DXDP credits should only be about $67, but I still wasn't planning on wasting them, even though we'd almost certainly be over the break even point even if I did.

There's no real reason why we can't have breakfast on Monday except that I can't get reservations for anything very exciting. We'd have liked Cape May or 1900 Park Fare, but nothing doing. In the absence of enormous buffets with characters, DH would rather be spending his time enjoying either the resort or Disney Springs.

On Tuesday and Wednesday I STILL can't get anything very exciting, plus we are rope dropping AK on Tuesday, and will rope drop some as yet to be determined park on Wednesday (it may be AK again). Some of this will look a little more solid once I have fastpasses. We are planning to be in one park or another open to close, and going to a resort for breakfast is much more of an interruption for us than a sit-down in the parks when we've been going for hours. We could go eat before we turned up for rope drop, but since our resort doesn't have a sit-down, that means we'd have to be up and at 'em really, really early.

Our current breakfast plans involve snack credits/OOP for something quick and simple at Artist's Palette.

In a perfect world I would have a breakfast reservation open up early at Tusker House on Tuesday and/or Crystal Palace on Wednesday, but I'm not holding my breath.

I see. Well, don't give up on ADR's for 1900 and Cape May. If you have time to stalk MDE - it works. Touring Plans reservation finder works also, I just found that I was slightly faster at it than they were. At about 30 days out I decided to switch from O'hana breakfast. With consistent search on MDE I was able to get Cape May. Took less than one week. But what I really wanted was 1900, so I ditched O'hana, added Cape May and kept searching for 1900. That one took over a week, but I got it!

Oh, and you must have gotten in on a discount/deal. DDxP is over $100 each for us - believe around $110. That is my strong reaction to not leaving credits on the table.

No, we paid that. But you subtract the value of mugs and snacks from that, divide by three, and you have about $33. So two credits=$67.

I'd still rather use them, but I'd prefer it not be for a random QS because they're about to expire.

Thanks for the reservation advice. I'm going to keep checking.

If I can't

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter