I have a new puppy! Pics on Page 2

MissBubbles

<font color=blue>I need: <font color=brown>chocola
My next door neighbors dog had 2 puppies and I told them a few weeks back that if they needed a home for one, I would be interested. I already have a 15 year old Schipperke, a 10 year old Schnauzer mix and a 4 year old Beagle, all girls and the oldest/youngest are shelter dogs.

Last Wednesday night, I was outside watering flowers and my neighbor, Andy, called out "Which one do you want?". So, I now have the runt of the litter - an itty bitty baby that is 8 weeks old - part Chow, Jack Russell & Boston Terrier and some other mix I'm sure. He is about the size of a large Guinea Pig with paws about the size of a quarter so I don't think he'll get very big. His brother is about 4 times his size already! I was going to call him Brutus because I like the idea of a big macho dog name with a little dog but it didn't fit. I've named him....wait for it....you'll never guess....MICKEY! :goodvibes Such a cutie and he's my first male dog ever. His nickname, since all my pets have them, is Mikimoto and my neighbor calls him Tater Tot!

The other dogs love him and he hasn't whined or cried once. He's sleeping in a pet bed since I'm worried that if he sleeps with me I could squish him rolling over! :scared1: Eating well and I gave him a bath in the bathroom sink last night with a towel in the bottom of the sink. He loved it - and drank out of the faucet! :laughing:

If I can figure out how to post a photo I will certainly do so. He looks like a Toy Chow even though there isn't a breed for that. I'm thankful he doesn't have the temperment of a chow although his dad is pretty mellow. Tomorrow is his first vet appointment - poor baby! I'm just so excited to have a puppy again - my two shelter dogs were 2 years old when I got them, and I haven't had a puppy since my 10 year old Tippy! :cloud9:

** Special "Thank You!" to Buffy for posting my pictures!!! **

We want to see pics!!!! E-mail them to Buffy and she will post them!!!! He sounds too cute!!! Good luck with him!!! Enjoy your new bundle of fluff!!!!

Congrats on the new baby!!! He sounds just too cute!!!

I will try to do so. I know I've seen Buffy around - but that isn't her screen name is it?

Congratulations!!! Aren't puppies fun? He sounds darling....I'll bet he'll be an active pup!!

You said he's the size of a guinea pig.......when I saw mine at 5 weeks earlier this month, he looked like a hampster!

We'll have to compare puppy mommyhood.......I haven't had a puppy for 14 1/2 years!! My girl was a rescue dog. I hope I haven't forgotten how. Are you crate training him?

I've mostly had girl dogs, too. But, Yoda, my boy that died last summer was a pure joy. Depending on the breed or breed mix, sometimes boys are more loyal, especially to their female masters.

I hope you have many years of happiness, joy, and good health with Mickey!!

Oh, and when you can fgure out how to post pictures, please do so. I haven't figured it out yet or I would have posted during my first visit.

It's so nice to hear about your new baby as well. I love Corgi's - they are so cute!!

Mickey is 8 1/2 weeks old and so very tiny. I can't believe that he has Chow in him as small as he is. He doesn't have the black tongue common in Chows but his brother does.

I'm not crate training him. He's done pretty well in the house - one or two messes but it's so small I almost miss it! I have a fenced in backyard for the girls, along with a petdoor in the kitchen so that they can go in and out at will. So far, I've been taking him out in the front yard because it will be a while until he's big enough to attempt the petdoor on his own. It's been nice to be out there - I've visited more with my neighbors this week than I have in ages!! Also, I have about 20+ mosquito bites - ugh - from being outside so much!

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures. I love the name - Mickey was a name we tossed around when we got our cat but I didn't think it was right to name a cat after a mouse. ;)

Congratulations!! New puppies are wonderful!! Welcome to our DIS family, Mickey!! ;)

Here are 2 pics!!
Wendy, I wasn't sure if you wanted me to post the ones with your pic in them. I don't post pics of myself on the boards so I wasn't sure what you wanted to do.

Mickeypuppy_3.jpg

Mickeypuppy_4.jpg

Top photo he is in his bed and that's my hand for comparison.

2nd photo is a pic of my 15 year old Schipperke, Gilly, and Mickey. I think he's saying "Are you my mommy?" - LOL So far, Gilly has been very tolerant of puppy teeth - she was around 2 years old when I got her from a shelter so I wonder if she was a momma before I took her home. This weekend, Mickey and my Beagle, Molly, started playing together. So cute....

I took him to the vet Thursday afternoon and he weighs 1.6 pounds (22 ounces) and is pretty healthy. More puppy shots in a few weeks.

Now, when he says "I'm coming to get you Mommy" in a British accent, run!

He is so cute.

I want a puppy.

He is so cute, Wendy!! It looks like he is relating to Gilly the same way my new pup is with my 12 year old Gracie. I got Gracie at age 2 from a rescue, too, and she is so patient with other dogs and, especially, the new pup.

I hope you have many years of happiness with Mickey!! He's adorable!!

How's the house breaking going? We've been out 5 times this morning and it's only 9:30 here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter