• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I had a peanut butter cookie...

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
My excuse...

My ds (9) really wanted to try and "make something" ...watched a ZOOM show and got inspired...the only ingredients I had were for peanut butter cookies.

His sisters spit it out and he was in the dumps because only he was eating them. Daddy is out of town on a business trip, grandparents are up in Branson, sister had strep so here we were with these cookies. I avoided them for 3 days...but not being able to go to the store to buy my salad fixings I was diminished to eating 1/4th a can of green beans and 1 small fish filet for dinner....

I know on SB you can have 1 tsp of peanut butter a day...so I figured one cookie couldn't be all that bad...and I could lift my son's spirits...and boy did it ever taste great! But now, I have to come and confess it so I won't eat another one...thank goodness I halved the recipe so there are only 5 more left and I did opt for the smallest cookie of the bunch.

Just kicking myself because I had not cheated AT ALL in the past 3 weeks and hope I can keep it up.

Thanks for letting me share my transgressions! :)

Onwards & Downwards
Tara

I would have done the same if it had been my DD - you sacrificed your needs for your childs - I can't help but to think that is wonderful!::yes:: As a fellow low carber I know that had to have been hard!

Sue

I also think you did the right thing. In the SBD book Dr. Agatston mentions if you have something you "need to have" have a little of it and dont worry about it. It is better to have a little treat than to wait until you end up going on a major binge.

You did the right thing. Can I have one please?

Did someone say cookies? :tongue:

Just kidding. At least you stopped at one. I probably could not have stopped at just one.

Low carbing can certainly be challenging sometimes. {{{hugs}}}

I really think I might be on my way to GOAL...in the past one cookie would have led to 2-3 even if I tried to fool myself by breaking off little bits but by the end of the day 3 would be missing. I recovered nicely and even thawed out some Banana bread for the kids and didn't even get tempted.
I'm hoping that this way of eating will stick with me...I'm not nearly as hungry as I usually am with all the carbs I used to eat and I don't really have cravings.....I went to the store this am and got salad fixings and some turkey so I should be okay until I can make a big run.

Thanks guys!!! I knew if I came to WISH I could get it off my chest and realize something I thought was a precursor to failure is simply just a short blip in the long run to goal! THANKS!!!!

Tara

I can always find a good excuse for cheating :teeth:

Well, it's done and you can't change it so just go from here. Get back on track and set a world's record for "no cheat days".

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie.

It's alright Tara. It was just one cookie and it made your son feel good. As long as you exercise will power and stay away from the rest of them you will be fine. Just next time he wants to make something, tell him to put the peanut butter on some celery! ;)

I don't think you cheated one little bit ... but then I am not familiar with the "rules" of SBD :p I actually never consider something I eat or drink :rolleyes: to be "cheating" ... I don't like the word. If I make a choice to have something, then that's my choice and I have to decide if I would do it again (aka would I eat ALL of the cookies ... yep, you bet)!

Good for you .... your DS needed you to do this!

Congrats on your choice of the smallest and only one you ate!

Mary-Liz

I like to think of myself as having a healthy lifestyle change and not going on a diet. I would never want to think that I would give up cookies for the rest of my life. Or anything other food I enjoy for that matter. Its all about proportions and self control. I think you did the right thing in eating that cookie. Many people "diet" until they cant take it anymore and then they binge on all that yummy food they refused to eat any of. For example I went to the gym everday this week and ate healthy all week, on Friday at happy hour I had 2 glasses of water and half of a mudslide. I earned that mudslide, and after drinking half of it I put my napkin it in so I would drink no more! It's hard being a health concious lush! :drinking1

It's hard being a health concious lush!

:laughing: lol My way of thinking.

Tara, I don't think of it as cheating, either. You made a GREAT choice! 1 cookie isn't going to derail you, I can tell, and 1 cookie made that little one shine, I'll bet! ::yes:: Weigh to go!

Are there any left? My shortbread are all gone!

Originally posted by pixiedust23
I earned that mudslide, and after drinking half of it I put my napkin it in so I would drink no more! It's hard being a health concious lush! :drinking1

:earseek: You put a napkin in a MUDSLIDE so you wouldn't drink the rest of it ??? Wow ... :worship: I'm very impressed! Good for you !!!

Mary-Liz

Well I absoutely refuse to give up my favorite treats all together, and if I want to get back to a size 2, a few more items might be getting napkins placed in them after I have eaten half. Plus those mudslides you get out are huge! I hate to know how many calories are in there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter