I got to tell someone my news

Renysmom

DIS Veteran
Follow this and you will see that the post isn't really off topic and I knew you great DIS'r would underststand.

Last Monday (yes the Monday we lost Bob), I had a job interview.. It was a dream job and I was super nervous, more nervous than I had ever been for a interview in my life. I really wanted this job for so many reasons.

On my way to the interview I was getting more and more nervous so I popped the last DIS podcast on and it totally took me away from the nerves and second thoughts I was having. I remember thinking that I had to tell the podcast crew thanks as I was turning off the Ipod to go into the building. After the 3 hours, yes three hours, of panel interviews they told me I was a finalist and I would hear something in a week or so after they finished interviewing and doing the background checks.

Well they called this morning and offered me the job :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Since I am on vacation I had to drive into my current job and give notice since they want me there ASAP and I needed to get that 2 weeks notice done ASAP. OMG. I am SOOOOO relieved to be past this current job. I've never hated anything so much..

So again to the podcast crew... thanks for all you do.. I know it may sound crazy to you but I give credit where credit is due and if you didn't do the great show, I wouldn't have had it to listen to and take my nerves away and calm down. Your show is what did it for me.

oh yea, I still get to go on my October Disney cruise. It was a non-negotiable on my part :cool1: :cool1: Priorities after all :)

Congrats! :jumping1:

The podcast has helped me many a day too while at home with 4 little ones..... Nothing like a good Pete rant to me in a good mood after potty training a 2 year old and a day of endless kid squabbles :scared1:

That's awesome! What a great feeling! I love that "I got a new job and I can't wait for it" feeling! What is your new job?

Congrats! :yay: Give us a hint... What field is the new job in?

Congrats! I am interviewing right now for a job in pharmaceutical sales, and let me tell you it can be nerve wracking! Congrats again and good luck on the good job!

Kelly.. I have a question for you as I have a job interview for a Travel Agent job on Friday.. My fingers are crossed..

Did you tell them about your vacation plans at the interview or when they called you to offer the job? I have 2 short trips that I have already scheduled and between the 2 I stand at loosing around $1300 if I cancel them.. How did you say to them about your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter