I Feel Like This Maybe The End of Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shouldn't" is a matter of opinion. Every shareholder has the right though their vote to tell the company what they should and shouldn't say or do. The Constitution plays no part in that.

The Constitution only comes into play if the government attempts to shut down the company's speech.
I was responding to the asinine assertion that public companies shouldn’t involve themselves in politics. Not that shareholders can do what they want.

He was saying that companies shouldn’t weigh in on politics. That’s unconstitutional.

And no one is voting out the Disney board over its stance on the Don’t Say Gay law.
Spoken as someone who is not a Florida resident and has no idea what the law says or is about. You know nothing of what you are speaking about. Your opinion is now null and void to me. Ha! Enjoy the rest of your ranting at the moon.....

I appreciate you guys trying to assuring me and agreeing with me, but let’s not get carried away about the politics, even though what you guys said is true. I mean, there is a rule about talking about politics. I don’t want to get banned.

Ah I was missing your monthly doom and gloom the end is coming post. Hope you are doing better this days Wade.
Well, I can’t help it, alright? I‘m just worried for Disney.

Last edited:
To say Disney shouldn't get political is pretty absurd. Walt was injecting politics into the brand since the beginning. Probably the best example is all those WWII propaganda shorts the company was churning out at the time.

To the OP's point, Disney is one of the biggest brands in the world. If Disney goes down, it'll likely take all of civilization with it.

To say Disney shouldn't get political is pretty absurd. Walt was injecting politics into the brand since the beginning. Probably the best example is all those WWII propaganda shorts the company was churning out at the time.

To the OP's point, Disney is one of the biggest brands in the world. If Disney goes down, it'll likely take all of civilization with it.
Again, I’m not so sure we’re suppose to talk about politics. I don’t want to get in trouble!

I'm not super crazy about it in that it's unnecessary and comes off as almost punitive, but why distort what it actually says? It most definitely is NOT about what the Left has spun it to mean.
Given we are not supposed to discuss politics here, I will direct you to look up recent news stories about the actions of the Orange County Florida School Board.

I guess I’m in trouble! I shouldn’t talk about politics here! I’m sorry I made this pathetic thread. If I’m going to get banned, then it’s been nice knowing you all.:sad1:

Given we are not supposed to discuss politics here, I will direct you to look up recent news stories about the actions of the Orange County Florida School Board.
Yes- I did see where the OCSB clarified that their actual rules are nowhere near as harsh as they had been rumored to be. For example, "Safe Space" signs for LGBTQ students ARE allowed. Teachers ARE allowed to have photos of their same sex spouses. Students of any age WILL still be allowed to use their preferred pronouns... I could go on.

I appreciate you guys trying to assuring me and agreeing with me, but let’s not get carried away about the politics, even though what you guys said is true. I mean, there is a rule about talking about politics. I don’t want to get banned.

Well, I can’t help it, alright? I‘m just worried for Disney.
There are so many other things to be worried about, Disney will be fine. You don't need to worry about a company no matter how much we all like it's product.

There are so many other things to be worried about, Disney will be fine. You don't need to worry about a company no matter how much we all like it's product.
Thank you. But, I have a feeling I'm in trouble now. I shouldn't mention politics. I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter