I Feel Like This Maybe The End of Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I hate to sound like a drama king, but after hearing the people I should not mention are attacking Disney I feel like this maybe the end of Disney. I'm a huge Disney fan, I can't believe Disney's is ending their rope. I blame Bob Chapek. Disney is dying because of him. If Disney get bankrupt, I will make a funeral ceremony to the Disney company. I know I'm being dramatic and you'll all going to make fun of me, but this is how I feel. The whole Disney empire will be gone forever. Good lord, I'm so pathetic! :sad1:

Last edited:
Public companies should not involve themselves in politics, period. They should stick to their business ventures and stay out of public opinion. They should not produce press releases when they disagree with some legislation. The stock holders should shut this nonsense down immediately. They can in effect vote out board members that do not agree with their sentiments.

Public companies should not involve themselves in politics, period. They should stick to their business ventures and stay out of public opinion. They should not produce press releases when they disagree with some legislation. The stock holders should shut this nonsense down immediately. They can in effect vote out board members that do not agree with their sentiments.
Would be interesting. That would me no campaign donations for politicians from any company or company execs by extension. Take it right back to the grassroots of an equal playing field. Could you imagine no special interests for anything?

Disney won't go bankrupt. But Chapek has 3 more years to strip away the magic. I bought DVC 7 years ago and this is the 1st year that I am not making any plans to go again. Usually we are planning our next trip before we go on the current trip.

Hi,
I hate to sound like a drama king, but after hearing that politics are going to destroy Disney and I've also heard Disney is tanking and I've also heard that politics will end Disney's copyright duration, I feel like this maybe the end of Disney. I'm a huge Disney fan, I can't believe Disney's is ending their rope. I blame Bob Chapek. It's his fault! Disney is dying because of him. If Disney get bankrupt, I will make a funeral ceremony to the Disney company. I know I'm being dramatic and you'll all going to make fun of me, but this is how I feel. The whole Disney empire will be gone forever. Good lord, I'm so pathetic!:sad1:
Nope.

I agree that Chapek needs to go.

They need to hire in his place whoever was running parks previously. The perfect person would be the someone who oversaw the building of both Pandora AND Galaxy's Edge. Someone who built an entire new parks resort from the ground up. Someone who spent more money on the parks during his tenure than Disney spent on Marvel, Pixar, and LucasFilms combined. Someone of whom The NY Times commented "Disney spared no expense".

If only such a person were available.

Read a book. This is literally unconstitutional. Companies are regulated. You’re saying they shouldn’t have the right to fight regulation.

No, you don’t care about that. You just dislike Disney’s opinion on this one issue.

Read a book. This is literally unconstitutional. Companies are regulated. You’re saying they shouldn’t have the right to fight regulation.

No, you don’t care about that. You just dislike Disney’s opinion on this one issue.
Here's the scenario: A Home Depot executive comes out strongly against gay rights and attends rallies to protest them. He makes incendiary comments on national broadcasts and as a result, potential customers are turned off.

Should the board vote for his removal? Or would you consider that Unconstitutional?

Here's the scenario: A Home Depot executive comes out strongly against gay rights and attends rallies to protest them. He makes incendiary comments on national broadcasts and as a result, potential customers are turned off.

Should the board vote for his removal? Or would you consider that Unconstitutional?
Literally not the same thing. The executive is not the company. The company can have whatever opinion it wants. The board can fire any employee they choose if their opinions are counter to the company’s goals.

The constitution doesn’t require a company to respect free speech. Company’s have free speech rights.

Literally not the same thing. The executive is not the company. The company can have whatever opinion it wants. The board can fire any employee they choose if their opinions are counter to the company’s goals.

The constitution doesn’t require a company to respect free speech. Company’s have free speech rights.
He specifically said "vote out board members" if the company's opinion isn't what shareholders want. Again: how is that Unconstitutional ?

He was saying that companies shouldn’t weigh in on politics. That’s unconstitutional.

And no one is voting out the Disney board over its stance on the Don’t Say Gay law.

"Shouldn't" is a matter of opinion. Every shareholder has the right though their vote to tell the company what they should and shouldn't say or do. The Constitution plays no part in that.

The Constitution only comes into play if the government attempts to shut down the company's speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter