I Feel Like I'm Causing Harm To Everybody Here In This Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Hi,
After my last thread about saying Paint the Night Parade not coming back to Disneyland, I think everybody started to get mad at me for saying I was being rude to people and I don't I notice that. I wasn't trying to be a troll, I'm just being realistic. But, after the trouble I cause, I feel like I'm causing to everybody here i this forum. I am really sorry for my behavior. If it's going to make everybody feel better, I'll probably take a sabbatical leave of absence and work on my behavior. But, if I did it again, I might leave this forum so I won't cause any trouble again. I'm sorry I come here being a nuisance to you all.:sad1:

Everybody? It sometimes FEELS that way on the internet. But.. I don’t think we ve interacted so Nope not everyone😉 Besides, people can Agree to Disagree, have an Opinion and just move on.
so, have a good evening.. don’t get caught up in the negativity and Hang In There, this too shall pass! 🙂

Hi,
After my last thread about saying Paint the Night Parade not coming back to Disneyland, I think everybody started to get mad at me for saying I was being rude to people and I don't I notice that. I wasn't trying to be a troll, I'm just being realistic. But, after the trouble I cause, I feel like I'm causing to everybody here i this forum. I am really sorry for my behavior. If it's going to make everybody feel better, I'll probably take a sabbatical leave of absence and work on my behavior. But, if I did it again, I might leave this forum so I won't cause any trouble again. I'm sorry I come here being a nuisance to you all.:sad1:

I understand how you are feeling. It is hard to sometimes convey your thoughts online in the way you intended. I think people, overall, want to send the message that they don't agree with your opinion, but sometimes that comes off the wrong way too.

I don't think anyone thinks you are being rude. You have shared some of your communication struggles in the past so many of us understand that you don't have bad intentions, honestly. Don't be too hard on yourself. I know that is easier said than done. I live with some wonderful young men who are very hard on themselves and overly critical, and it stops them from trying to communicate due to the social anxiety created by the idea that they will say the wrong thing.

Please don't leave. In order to get better at communicating, you have to keep practicing!

For what it's worth, I really feel for you! I know you have been trying to get back to Disneyland for a long time and it hasn't worked out yet. I hope you are able to get back soon! I think actually going back would alleviate some of these negative feelings you have right now. A little dose of pixie dust is always good for the soul. I wish there was something I could do to help you. You remind me of my sons and as a mom, I just want to give you a hug and take you to Disneyland, buy you a Mickey Ice cream bar, and ride ALL the rides!

People's replies can seem very personal sometimes--if you let yourself feel that way.

For too many, sadly, a message board is a convenient means of lashing out anonymously at someone else when they're having a bad day, angry about something, feel powerless, are tired of the weather, politics--who knows? Personal though it may feel, it's them being ugly to someone because it makes them feel a little better somehow. People are weird that way.

Thing is, it has nothing to do with you; it's them spewing their own unhappiness.

DH suggested something to me years ago that may help break the pattern of self-blame when people seem to be attacking you. He said, "Dear, it's only a message board. It's oooonnnly a message board."

When I feel attacked on these boards, I use that as a chant along with some deep breathing. Like this, "It's oooonnnly a message board. (deep breath) It's oooonnnly a message board. (deep breath) It's oooonnnly a message board. (deep breath)" I keep doing that until I feel calmer.

Sometimes, I even end up laughing about it all. Because it really IS only a silly message board.

First of all, I want to thank you all for your kindness. However, when I made a thread that I‘ve heard that the president of Disneyland says the Disneyland Characters will return to new normal. At first, I thought that means that they’ll be no longer social distancing which I’m excited about it, but then I got a little confused and worried of what does he mean by new normal. I found some answers, and some people guessed that we have to pay to meet and greet them, but some of them say they might come back to traditional and roaming again. I’m nervous about this. I just want the characters to go back to meet n greet again.

First of all, I want to thank you all for your kindness. However, when I made a thread that I‘ve heard that the president of Disneyland says the Disneyland Characters will return to new normal. At first, I thought that means that they’ll be no longer social distancing which I’m excited about it, but then I got a little confused and worried of what does he mean by new normal. I found some answers, and some people guessed that we have to pay to meet and greet them, but some of them say they might come back to traditional and roaming again. I’m nervous about this. I just want the characters to go back to meet n greet again.
I think we will all have to wait and see, TS, what comes about over the coming weeks and months. So many things are a moving target these days. When all finished, I bet it will be nice though.

Hi,
About 10 people responded to you. So not "everybody" here is upset with you. Even those who did respond were just offering their opinions - just like you. Sometimes reading opinions different than yours can be frustrating but you shouldn't them bother you.

I think it might be a good idea fro you to take some time off from posting. Not because you are causing trouble for anyone - you're not - but because you are taking everything too personal. That's not good for your mental health.

Hi,

I'll say this for what it's worth, tone is always hard to read in text and no matter how much a person tries to convey a thought, it can be interpreted in a different way.

I know how it feels, my boss recently told me someone at work mentioned I'm coming across as "militant" in my emails...ha! He simply told them they haven't seen me in a bad mood, but did let me know to be careful of wording my messages.

So I don’t know the thread you are talking about, but I’m sorry you feel that way. You have received a lot of kind and good advice.

However, I feel you, we have been out of bounds with the forum. I say we because I’m only coming to tell you now.

“The Coping and Compassion
Welcome to Coping and Compassion. I asked that we be allowed to have our own board to talk so that we can cope with the illness of a loved one or our own illness for that matter with love and compassion. So please feel free to post here if you are feeling sad or if you have a happy positive story to share about being sick and getting well, we would love to hear that too.

I wanted to make sure I thanked Pumba for the inspiration for this board.....she is there for me when I need to talk and I want to be there for others when they need the same compassion.

Marsha wrote this, you can find it on top of the forum. I think your postings regarding this topic do not belong here. Take it to where you posted it, I do not see it here On this forum.
I have been more than kindness patient, extra so even. Taken the time to reach out directly.

This forum is really about Marsha’s first paragraph.

I will be closing this. Please do NOT attempt to reopen it or anything even close to it. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter