I-Drive hotel with no car

persimmondeb

DIS Veteran
I would like to take my son to Orlando for a few days, probably in the summer. Obviously, I could manage on property just fine without a car. It seems like it should be possible off-property if we're careful about the hotel selection. How much of a pain is trying to transfer from the airport? And does anyone have personal experience of using the LYNX busses?

A rental car is just not an option AT ALL, and I don't really want to stay on property for this trip. We're likely not doing a lot of park, and I don't want to spend the money.

There is an I-Ride trolley that travels up and down international drive. You can buy a ticket and have unlimited use http://www.iridetrolley.com On the website you can also find info on hotels that have trolley stops out front. Staying on I drive is a good choice if you are not renting a car. If your hotel also offers free shuttle service to the parks, that would be a bonus too. If you do your research, and plan accordingly you can have a fantastic vacation without a rental car. Good luck.

I agree. There is a ton to do on the main road, and it is all within walking distance. Plus, if you decided to head to a disney park you could take a taxi, although I think its a good 20 minute ride, so you might be looking at $$. But most hotels offer shuttles to the parks

If you're going to Sea World,Aquatica,Wet n Wild and even Universal with a little bit of walking you can just take the I Ride Trolley up and down International Drive.If you plan to do Disney I would see if your hotel has a shuttle,if it does I would take the shuttle in the morning and since I don't want to spend my day worrying about getting the shuttle back at night,I would probably head to DTD and catch a cab there back to your hotel or if it's before 10:30 take a cab to the Vineland outlets to catch the I Ride Trolley back.From DTD to the Vineland outlets is not that far so it should lessen the price of the cab ride,or you could just grab a taxi from the parks and simplify the whole situation,although from say MK it is pretty far to I Drive.

Hi, we stay at the four point Sherraton on I-drive, free transport to all theme parks and only a 10 to 15 min walk to Universal, lynx and i-trolly stops right outside,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter