I don't want to stay in a "regular" resort room anymore!

Terry S

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Well I was just thinking last night, it is probably a good thing that the BCVs are not opening until August. We have a reservation at AKL in April because the kids want to stay there and if the BCV were open I would probably cancel it and try and book a DVC resort instead, I just don't want to stay in a "regular" resort room anymore. Oh well, I guess any room in Disney is better than no room in Disney, and its not like AKL is a Budget Inn right?

Terry S

Keep your resv at the AKL. AKL is no budget hotel. Its a high class resort. We just came back in January and my husband loves that resort. The view of the savanna is great and seeing all those animals. I could go on forever. Right now we are considering buying BWV's and my husband is a little sad that we would not be going back to AKL.

Pete W... After reading these boards and knowing myself as well as I do, we just decided to skip the studio step and go straight for the 1-bdrm. Acutally we purchased 600 points so when the kids (now ages 4 and 5) get a little older we will be doing a 2-bdrm.

I'm not sure if you know about the purchasing incentive, but with purchasing BCV in advance they are giving free hotel nights (akl included)... Just wanted to tell you if you didn't already know it!

Now, you're absolutely correct, once you stay in a 1 bedroom villa, you'll NEVER want to go back to a standard hotel room!!

Actually, I have never ever had a problem going between studios and 1-2 bedrooms. Part of that is because it is currently just my husband and myself travelling, but when we have children we do intend to go up to a 1br and then a 2br when they get old enough. I do really miss the amenities of a DVC studio over a regular hotel room and by the end of my stay I am generally wishing I had a microwave and fridge in the room!

Lisa

Looks like we will be purchasing BCV's next weekend (waiting for income tax check to come in). What we are going to do with the 7nts free is we will be staying at the AKL again (disappointed that we cannot be at the BCV or GF for those free nights). AKL is great place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter