I don't want to be a cheapskate...MNSSHP

We are going to attend two parties and the total cost of it was 325.41 but this is our first and only time going to MNSSHP because next time we go we will be going in Nov for MVMCP. We cant wait :cool1: :cool1:

We did MNSSHP last October and enjoyed it!

Originally, MNSSHP was not in our plans, but when I saw that there would be a party during our trip, I looked into it. I even told our two DDs all about it... that we would get to dress-up and trick-or-treat, the dance parties, parade, etc. THEN I realized how much it would cost for our family of four... and I felt soooo bad about telling the girls that we might not do MNNSHP :guilty:

But thankfully, DMIL paid for our MNSSHP tickets!!! :woohoo: She wanted to make our family's 1st trip to DW special ...how wonderful is she?!?!?!? :love:

Anyway, it was worth it for us, but then again we didn't actually have to pay ourselves!!!! We had a great time... the parade is great, as was HalloWishes (fireworks). I can't say that we would do MNSSHP again, just because we've done it once and I wouldn't say Halloween is our favorite holiday. But for anyone who is considering going for the 1st time, I would say DO IT and HAVE FUN!

I don't think its worth it. I dont like how disney closes the park to other guests early, they should extend the hours of the park and add on mnsshp. Yes, I have been to it. It was nice. It was only a couple years ago though and tickets were almost 20 dollars cheaper. MNSSHP may be worth it for some people, the parade is nice. They seemed to have dropped a lot of things off MNSSHP in general though. I'd never pay for the P&P one. I'm hoping they are reaching a threshold and less people buy tickets, but I doubt it. These parties are probably the number one worst money grab by Disney, mainly because they are actually cutting hours availibility to guests who bought regular tickets. Or at least if they put it at another less popular park (DHS would be ideal). Obviously that wouldn't hold so many people to buying tickets though, so no chance of that.

Our situation might be a little different as we will be there for a convention but we are following (the OTHER) Dallas Lady's plan...a leisure morning at our resort, a nice afternoon nap and then the MNSSHP. As it will be our only foray into the MK on the trip, I don't mind paying the $$ for the five hours. We love the parade and fireworks. We're definitely going!

Honestly, it's one of the main reasons we went back again last year, and are planning our third trip in three years this year. The price increase is disappointing, but the experience has been so fantastic for the past two years we can't resist. We listen to the party music all year long and my DD, who will be 11 in July, gets this little girl look in her eyes and I know it's totally worth it.

Been to MNSSHP for the past four years, with the passholder rate. Made a special trip the last two years as I really enjoyed this event.

This year I will skip it. Even if they do a passholder rate I cannot fathom spending that kind of money for five hours of possible low attendance in the MK. If the weather is cruddy I've lost a whole lot of money.

Sorry Mickey... your parties are getting too pricey for me.

I didn't read the whole thread but wanted to put in my 2 cents... I took my DS who was 4.5 at the time to the halloween party one year, after a day at the resort with a little swimming and mostly playing video games. We entered at 4:30 and he was asleep in his stroller at 9:30 no matter what I did to him I couldn't wake him up. So, I felt it was a major waste of money for us because he couldn't stay awake. This happens to us at Disney though, exhaustion by normal bedtime so maybe we are just weird or my son gets his energy out all day and has no reserves to pull on. The only "Party" activity he took part in was the dance party at Cosmic Rays and that was a mob scene.

If your kids are able to stay up late then maybe it's worth it but I still don't think it is based on the huge lines to see characters, the act that if you just want to see the decorations and get chaacter photos in halloween costumes you can go to Animal KIngdom and they are all dressed up, and it really seems to be a more adult/older kid thing.

I went for the first time a couple of years ago. We had a lot of fun, enjoyed the parade and the fireworks were awesome! I didn't think the candy was very good though. I got a ton of boxed raisins. I felt like Charlie Brown. The kids would be "I got Skittles!", "I got Tootsie Rolls", and I would look in my bag and say "I got a Rock (raisins!):rotfl2: We weren't there for the candy though, so it didn't matter. We really loved MNSSHP, but after this years big price increase, I don't think I'm going to do it. We will probably go to Universal Studios for 1 day. If I'm going to spend that much money for one day then I think I will do something I haven't done yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter