I Don't see Disney adding back a Nightime Parade any time soon.

Ron from Michigan

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking that since nothing has been announced since the main street electrical parade left we will probably not see another parade for years to come. They have been eliminating parades for years so one more was no big deal. I'm thinking maybe around WDW 50th anniversary we might see something new at night.

I hope so! The night time parades are my favorites and I was sad to see the main street electrical parade go.

I don't think so either. Not even for the 50th. They'll be down to one parade in the whole resort and I think that's how they want it. It will be light shows and fireworks from now on. And I guess the parties

Our upcoming trip will be the first of 15 trips since 1979 without a night time parade. I've never been fond of the daytime parades; only watching if I happen to be nearby but I used to plan our days around the night parades; making sure not to miss them. So sad! There are other things that I would rather see Disney cut such as the Express busses between parks or whatever and bring a night parade to MK.

I don't see it either.
They took it away for a reason:
Either they have a replacement in mind (and if so, why take it away before the replacment is ready)
OR
Just simply cost-cutting (this seems more likely). Think of all the actors/dancers they are no longer paying, the upkeep of the floats and not needing as many CMs to do crowd control before and during the parade.

Frankly, with the crowds, parades just cause a crowd-control nightmare, especially at night. I always hated parade time (if i wasn't interested in watching) .. it just made it a nightmare to get around or even LEAVE the park.

I can see them just not having one, leaving the new fireworks show be enough nighttime entertainment.

Is it needed anymore? I always thought it was odd to have a parade, followed up by fireworks .. and then sometimes a parade again.

I heard a rumor on these boards, claiming that Disney is working on a new state of the art nighttime parade, supposedly for the 50th.

I'm still hoping they bring the MSEP back to WDW after its run at Disneyland. After all, Disneyland has Paint the Night. Why would Disneyland have TWO nighttime parades and Magic Kingdom none? That makes no sense to me.

The nighttime parades are a big part of what makes Disney special for us. I'm disappointed that my upcoming trip won't have a nighttime parade. If it's a logistics thing for MK then I wish they would move an evening parade to a different park.

I prefer night parades to daytime parades personally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter