I don't beleive it...someone nicked my laptop!!!

Sue F UK

Florida keeps me poor...but happy
Hi guys,

Haven't been able to post for a couple of days because some little ****** nicked my laptop!!!

I can't beleive it - is nothing safe these days. It was stored in its carry case at work. The office is manned 24 hours a day (its a hotel reception office) and somone with absolutely no shame came in and took it in the middle of the afternoon!!! They just walked in acting like they had business there and walked out again while the receptionist was off making a coffee - you have to (grudgingly) admire their nerve!!

Anyway, police were duly called who were next to useless "here's your crime reference number - don't expect to see us or your laptop again"! :mad:

Insurance company were much more helpful "just give us the crime number and we will replace it sir" - result!! Not much they can do about the 3 weeks worth of work I have been doing on my website though is there?????!?!?

Good news is that the next day there arrived a brand new Toshiba laptop which DH swears is better than the old one. All I have to do now is remember how to re-do the website and enter it all in again. (All???)

All this has made us learn a couple of lessons:
1. Don't take your laptop to work - even if you think you need it.
2. The insurance company will only stand so many claims on one account!
3. Don't put off buying a CD rewriter.
4. Remember to use said CD rewriter once you remember to buy the blooming thing!

Oh Sue I really feel for you, all that work lost.

People who steel things really get to me, thinking that everyone else can afford to replace things or that they are insuranced - its gets me really angry so I won't start here!

Glas to here that your replacement came quickly & good luck with your web site

{{hugs}}

Emma

Oh Sue - How &%$#! annoying for you (irritating and frustrating too!). :mad:

At least you've got a lovely new one to play with now even though you've got to start from scratch with the web site.

I can't believe the nerve of the thieves - they obviously know exactly what they're looking for, will certainly keep a better eye on my laptop.

Astrid :)

Hi Astrid,

DEFINATELY keep an eye on your laptop. The police told us that theives are targeting them as they can get rid of them easily and for more money than PC's. They also told us not to keep it in the carry case anymore as it is too easy to spot. We now have the new one in a rucksack which blends in more if left alone. I am also considering handcuffs to attatch the blooming thing to my wrist!!!!

Someone stole my lap!!! Honest! I was sitting down the other day...and when I stood up, it had gone!

Sue,

How **** annoying. I supose you live and learn but would think at work you had some reassurance of security:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear this Sue, I hope it doesn't take too long to re-do your website. :D

Sue - I can imagine how infuriating this must be!

Bad enough to lose the actual laptop, but to lose all that work as well must be <b>very</b> frustrating :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter