• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I didn't really care for Boma...will I not like Sanaa?

sazzifrazz

Mouseketeer
I love the decor of Boma but I just didn't really love the food. My father loves it so I was wondering if Sanaa would be a good compromise. Sanaa looks like a great atmosphere.

Boma has a lot of selection, Sanaa has less to choose from, you can check out the menu online. Sanaa serves Indian style food and it's more spicy. Samosas, curry, tandoori meats, naan bread, etc. Do you and your dad like Indian food?

My family also doesn't like Boma. We were afraid to try Sanaa but tried it anyway. I have to say I liked it better than Boma, but it's not one of my favorites. The rest of my family would be ok with not going back. I still say you should try it. You will never know if you like it or not if you don't.

I think it depends on what it is about Boma that you don't like. The spices are similar, but Indian food registers as less sweet than the African spices used at Boma.

I say give Sanaa a try. I bet you'll like the naan and the tandoori chicken or shrimp just fine

I think it depends on what it is about Boma that you don't like. The spices are similar, but Indian food registers as less sweet than the African spices used at Boma.

I say give Sanaa a try. I bet you'll like the naan and the tandoori chicken or shrimp just fine

Just be aware that the tandoori chicken is dark meat chicken. I know some people don't have a preference but I do and I don't like dark meat and I was not told it was dark meat and that's what I got, so...;)...the best part of our meal was the Naan bread but I could do without the excess oil on it. We didn't care for Sanaa but most people love it.:thumbsup2 We like Jiko and found Boma to be "ok"...I think we like African food better than Indian...;)

We've been to boma twice and weren't wowed - found the food to be sweet not spicy.

We went to Sanaa in October and had a fantastic meal - I did a review with lots of pictures in my dixons go deluxe dining review - link in my signature. Sanaa review was on our second to last day.

I think a better compromise might be Tusker House for lunch. It's in AK theme park and has characters so there's food for kids and a range of adult palettes. Boma is one of our favorites and I would take TH as a compromise if I was with people who really didn't like Boma.

Sanaa is Indian food. I haven't eaten there, but I don't view it as a substitute for Boma.

You can also pick up hummus, salads, zebra domes and a few other goodies from Boma for your dad at The Mara in AKL, if that helps.

As others have mentioned, the spices used at Boma are sweeter than those used at Sanaa. The food at Sanaa is more Indian-inspired (not sure I would exactly call it Indian food), and definitely have different flavor profiles. I did not find the food at Sanaa to be spicy, but if it's a concern you can always let your server know.

I brought my mom (who would never, ever eat anything resembling Indian food) to Sanaa. She got tomato soup and the steak dish, which was pretty plain, and loved it. So I think it accommodates varying tastes.

We do like Boma but think the food at Sanaa is much better!! LOVE Sanaa! What everyone has said is correct, it's Indian-inspired so if you like that type of food you'll be fine.

I haven't had the butter chicken at Sanaa, but usually its a smooth and creamy tomato, onion, and heavy cream sauce with toasted spices (a curry blend). Often it's garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, and turmeric. (Plus or minus a few spices depending on the blend)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter