• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I did it! Canceled AOA and booked BC

RainK

Mouseketeer
After seeing no discounts for late Aug for AOA besides 15% off suites, we decided to cancel AOA LM room and book a fantastic deal at BC. Although we were extremely excited to experience AOA I am really excited to experience a deluxe. This will be our first deluxe!! Woo hooo

My kids might be disappointed to not stay at AOA but I assume once they see the pool at BC they will LOVE IT.

Can't wait!!!

After seeing no discounts for late Aug for AOA besides 15% off suites, we decided to cancel AOA LM room and book a fantastic deal at BC. Although we were extremely excited to experience AOA I am really excited to experience a deluxe. This will be our first deluxe!! Woo hooo

My kids might be disappointed to not stay at AOA but I assume once they see the pool at BC they will LOVE IT.

Can't wait!!!

Congrats....the BC is a beautiful resort. Just a word of caution, once you stay deluxe, you may get hooked and not want to stay anything else :goodvibes.

I had booked AOA for this summer, but then I changed my mind and went with BC. We've stayed at YC many times so we already know we love the pool. My kids have wanted to try BC forever. I'm still planning to visit AOA to see the grounds and check out their food court.

We loved bc and yc, last year we went back to a mod but my dh and dd were not happy so this year we are trying cr.

I must admit, we are very easy to please people and I am actually worried that my DH and kids will miss the food court that the values have vs the BC. :rotfl2:
Unless I am reading this wrong, does BC not have a quick serve breakfast food court that we can get mickey waffles, or bagels and muffins like the values have???

The cs was my least favorite part of bc and yc but you can get a limited selection of items plus the boardwalk bakery just reopened with a bigger new selection. The amazing pool and being able to walk to 2 parks totally made up for the limited cs options at bc.

OP...you've upgraded to a great resort. Like others have said the close proximity to two parks along with the pool and the TS restaurants on site is just a few reasons we LOVE the BC. I do agree that the CS is limited but it in no way deters us from returning as you can tell by my signature. I also have to agree with mickeynut1...once you go deluxe it can be difficult downgrading :goodvibes...have a wonderful trip!

your gonna love it!!! my DH HATES value resorts, so I always have to go moderate or deluxe. we walked through AoA and both him and DS liked it, but said they would not care to stay. I am always drawn to resorts by the pool, and looking at the pools at AoA compared to BC...well I cant compare. I always pick my place depending on the pool lol ;)

We did the same thing a few months ago:) Canceled at AoA and switched to AKV! Have a great trip!

Come over to the BC/YC thread for great information and the friendliest group you would ever want to meet.

Never stayed at either, but I suspect you've made a very smart choice. We're trying BC next trip:earsboy:

Oh boy, you will not regret it. Walk to W/S, F/W, Boardwalk! Walk or boat to H/S! The food choices that are nearby are too many to count, and include great places to eat at the Swan an Dolphin. No food court, but for us the Marketplace in the lobby area has enough great choices for casual/take out that it's not a big deal.
The pool is the best of all, it's the favorite of almost everyone, so I know you will have a wonderful time!

:goodvibes

DisneyMomx7 said:
Come over to the BC/YC thread for great information and the friendliest group you would ever want to meet.

Something about Sunken Treasures and Kitchen Sinks, too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter