• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I can't decide between POR and CSR

jreeves628

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 4 with 4 year old twin boys going to the world in October. Last year we stayed at the Poly but since this year we decided to stay longer we just cant swing the cost of a deluxe unless a promotion comes up for our dates. In the mean time I'm trying to decide on our back-up plan. I keep on going back and forth between a business class room at the Coronado (for lounge access) or the royal room at the POR. Which do you think is better? Is one better than the other location-wise? Is one resort nicer than the other? There are things I like about both resorts. I just cant make up my mind.

We are a family of 4 with 4 year old twin boys going to the world in October. Last year we stayed at the Poly but since this year we decided to stay longer we just cant swing the cost of a deluxe unless a promotion comes up for our dates. In the mean time I'm trying to decide on our back-up plan. I keep on going back and forth between a business class room at the Coronado (for lounge access) or the royal room at the POR. Which do you think is better? Is one better than the other location-wise? Is one resort nicer than the other? There are things I like about both resorts. I just cant make up my mind.

I understand exactly what you mean. We added some days to our vacation this year and added CSR---due to my girls (all teenagers) wanting the pool area.

We stayed at POR in November '11 and I will say it was a beautiful resort. It is pretty large (as CSR seems to be too) and it was a walk for some of the things. A plus w/ POR is the boat to DTD--that was great! Also, I saw many families at the main pool area and all seemed to be loving it. Plenty of families with smaller children here and a great counter service.

I'm sure either will be great!

I haven't stayed at both, so I apologize for not giving you a true comparison. DH and I stayed at CSR a few trips ago, and we LOVED it! I think your boys would love the pool (Dig Site), and the Pepper Market had so many options.

I'm sure you'll have a great trip!!

I always suggest picking the theme that appeals to you the most with these two resorts because I love them equally. I give a slight edge to POR because I prefer the theme and landscaping. But when it comes to bus service, pools and overall enjoyment I think they are both great:)

I vote for POR. Great resort, great theming, and I have chosen to stay there more than any other resort on property (POR and POFQ are both excellent).:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter