I bought a great roast from Schwans

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
it was in a burgandy peppercorn marinade.......any ideas on how to duplicate it........this meat melted in my mouth.....first time I have purchased beef from this place....

here's one of my mom's recipe's

(sometimes she uses merlot instead)

fresh thyme
garlic cloves that have been smashed
orange peel strips
a few cloves (optional)
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
2 bay leaves
1 bottle Burgundy

she pours the whole thing into a large ziploc (the freezer kind), takes all the air out and lets it marinade for up to 24 hours.
you could also add in chopped up red onion.

We buy this roast at least once a month. There is something about the saltiness and tenderness that is adicting. And I really love that you start it from a frozen state ( I never remember to thaw). Let me know if you can truly duplicate it!:p

and yes you are right.......there is something about the flavors that mix up in my taste buds.....it is excellent.....and doing the frozen state is a great thing in my house.......just kept on adding more water to it and the juice was out of this world

Schwann's? The ice cream people that drive around in the truck????

I agree, Pum! Their meat is awesome! Very tender and melts in your mouth!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter