I am the actual worst......or am I the best? Come to Disney with us and Find out!

Woth2982

DIS Veteran
So I fully believe my title to be insanely accurate. I am the actual worst when it comes to keeping up with life and blogs etc. But I am going to try. I figure a PTR may be easier to organize than a full TR.

So Who are we? Well there is me! Katie! The trip planner. Disney fanatic. Wife and new-ish mom!

Then there is my wonderful DH Andrew. He had only been to Disney once before he met me, and well back in May of 2019 we went on a little informational tour and ended up buying into DVC! Thanks hubby! We love you!

Next up on this adventure of ours is our 14 month old DD Savannah......henceforth known as S. She was our little miracle baby. We went through a lot to conceive her through an infertility journey, then a full on blind sided Covid pregnancy where I dealth with daily panic attacks, ER trips where my husband was not allowed to be by my side (we hate Covid), and finally an emergency C-Section at 37 weeks due to uncontrolled Blood Pressure. S is the love and light of our lives. She was the best thing about 2020, and frankly I cannot wait to get her hooked on Disney! We call her our lazy baby, she still won't stand or walk. She was over a year before she crawled, she is just not interested. She is smart as a whip though and "talks" non-stop. I think she is just going to be more verbal than physical. Despite our pregnancy challenges, she has been such an easy baby, hardly every cries and is just super chill.

Last up on this crazy adventure is our "babysitter" aka my friend Jen. Jen has done several Disney trips with me and is sooooo excited to join us for S's first Disney trip! Best part is we didn't even have to pay her! We are covering her hotel costs since it is DVC and already paid for, and her XMas party ticket, and she will watch S one night while Andrew and I have an Epcot date night!

And that is all of us!.........or is it?

Wait there is one more! Our "stowaway" Baby O2! After our infertility journey we decided we didn't want to go through that again, but didn't want to wake up in 5 years and wish we tried to have a second baby. Well we started trying and BOOM first try! To say it was a shock is an understatement. I will be 40 in February and thought it would take just as long if not longer to have a second. Baby O2 will be here in March (assuming we don't have the same issues as last time) so this will be a whole new experience for me. First trip with a toddler and first trip with a pregnancy. I will be 24 weeks when we get to Orlando so fingers crossed it all goes well!

Next up.......our digs for the week!

Well where are we staying? I mentioned in our last post that in 2019 Andrew and I bought into DVC. Thanks to this lovely little pandemic we have had, we have not had a chance to actually USE our DVC! Thanks AGAIN Covid! When we did our tour Rivera had not yet opened, and Copper Creek was still not sold out. We toured both of the set up studios at Saratoga Springs and I liked them both. I tend to be the dominant partner, so I asked Andrew which one he liked better. The Winner?

Copper Creek! At the 11 month window I was able to book a very weird stay. I was able to get our week, but had to book a Studio with a walk in shower for like a night, and then the rest with a tub. Well we have a 1 year old, so a shower only isn't the best option. So I waitlisted the tub. Thankfully a couple days later I got the call from DVC and was able to book our entire stay in a Copper Creek Studio with a tub!

We will utilize the pack and play for S, Andrew and I will commandeer the bed, and Jen will take the pull out couch. She may end up sleeping on the couch depending on the comfort of the mattress. That is yet to be determined.

We are so excited to be going HOME for the very first time, and are REALLY hoping that we will be able to see this at least once during our trip!

Up next.....how and when will we get there??? Or will we?

We call her our lazy baby, she still won't stand or walk. She was over a year before she crawled, she is just not interested

This was my daughter too. She didn't roll over or crawl until 11 months and didn't walk until about 18 months, that we know of. We caught her practicing in her crib one night. As she got older we realized she didn't do anything for us or anyone else for the matter until she knew she had it perfect. Talking was delayed too but found out she would only talk with only one person around and never when she could see her brother (16 months older and never stops talking. Still at almost 16).

Wait there is one more! Our "stowaway" Baby O2! After our infertility journey we decided we didn't want to go through that again, but didn't want to wake up in 5 years and wish we tried to have a second baby. Well we started trying and BOOM first try! To say it was a shock is an understatement. I will be 40 in February and thought it would take just as long if not longer to have a second. Baby O2 will be here in March (assuming we don't have the same issues as last time) so this will be a whole new experience for me. First trip with a toddler and first trip with a pregnancy. I will be 24 weeks when we get to Orlando so fingers crossed it all goes well!

Congratulations! I have a friend that the same thing happened. She went through invitro to have their daughter and out of the blue got pregnant on their own. Their 2 are only about 13 months apart.

I love the look of the room at Cooper Creek. I haven't been there yet but would love to stay their once.

This was my daughter too. She didn't roll over or crawl until 11 months and didn't walk until about 18 months, that we know of. We caught her practicing in her crib one night. As she got older we realized she didn't do anything for us or anyone else for the matter until she knew she had it perfect. Talking was delayed too but found out she would only talk with only one person around and never when she could see her brother (16 months older and never stops talking. Still at almost 16).

Love it! At this point I am hoping she doesn't start walking until after our trip. It will be so much easier to contain her with her being immobile! I have friends that keep asking if we are going to put her into early intervention. Im not worried, the doctor isn't worried so I don't really see a need. She hits her milestones when she feels like it lol.

Congratulations! I have a friend that the same thing happened. She went through invitro to have their daughter and out of the blue got pregnant on their own. Their 2 are only about 13 months apart.

Thank you! I have heard this is super common! Our two will be about 19 months apart, so hopefully S wont revert as soon as O2 arrives. My husband and his sister are 13 months apart so we get a tiny bit more spacing!

I love the look of the room at Cooper Creek. I haven't been there yet but would love to stay their once.

We do too! Seriously cannot wait to go there!

Following along.

Our youngest (who is now 20) didn't walk until 15 months. He had no need to because his sister would bring him what he wanted or carry him around all the time. He was living his best life not having to do anything himself :rotfl2: We finally had to tell her to quit carrying him everywhere he wanted to go.

Congrats on baby #2. The couple that used to live across the road from us had trouble conceiving and they adopted a newborn baby boy and a few months later found our they were pregnant. They now have two boys that are loved beyond measure.

I love seeing this when I log into my DVC account! So what exactly are our dates?

We fly in on November 13 and head home on the 20th.

When we made these plans obviously Jet Blue and Southwest had not put their schedules out since we booked 11 months in advance. We sat around and waited......and waited......and waited some more (thanks Covid.....maybe that will be my TR title :rotfl2:). Finally the schedules and fares came out........and they were steep! We were hoping against all hope to be able to fly out of Providence. It is a very small airport, one terminal and so much easier to navigate with a little one in tow. Well the prices for PVD were SKY HIGH! So we looked at Boston. They weren't MUCH better, but better. Andrew had a flight credit for Delta that was going to expire, and I had some rewards points at work that would cover a flight for me and S. So we booked a 1 pm-ish flight on Delta to Orlando. This was PERFECT. We would not have to rush in the morning and it would fall during S's nap time and HOPEFULLY she would sleep on the plane. We did end up buying her her own seat for several reasons, and I am very thankful because while she isn't walking, she is VERY much a wiggle worm and containing her on our laps for a whole flight will be a nightmare!

So what is typical of Delta is they change their flight times a few minutes here and there over the next few months. Then a couple months ago I get THE notice. Your flight is CANCELLED and you have been rebooked! Dun dun dun! I go online to check my ticket and I am booked on a CONNECTING flight in Atlanta! Now if you have ever been to the Atlanta airport you know it is a headache and a half. Now add a baby. No. Just no. Then I check Andrew's ticket, he is NOT on the same flight! He is connecting in North Carolina! WHAAAAAT??? I call Jen to see what she got changed to, she was moved to the same flight as me. So we try and change our tickets online, won't let us. So we call Delta. Sit on hold. Cry. Scream. Moan. Finally talk to a human, who was VERY nice. Explained my DH and I were now on two different flights and we did NOT want a connecting flight. There were two other flights out of Boston that day, so we decided to go with the 7 am hoping that an early flights has less of a chance of being cancelled than a later flight. So that is **For now** all set! Phew!

Going home has been less of a hassle. We booked with points a flight home on Jet Blue and upgraded to even more leg room seats since we will be traveling with a car seat. So far, nothing has changed there. **knock on wood**

Once we get to Orlando we have decided to rent a car. I am just not super comfortable with a baby on a bus, and covid, and waiting for a bus with a potentially cranky toddler. So we rented a mini van. The plan is Andrew will get the luggage, and Jen and I will go get the rental car and Andrew will meet us there. He will rent one of those luggage trollies. It will just make life easier for everyone and worth the extra $5.

We will then head straight to Target and get diapers, beer, soda, water, milk and snacks for the week to keep in our room. We will then head to the hotel and Hopefully get checked in and get S a nap! Jen and I will reluctantly head to the character warehouse. We will eventually eat dinner, probably at roaring forks and then head to bed and pray that S sleeps all night!

Love it! At this point I am hoping she doesn't start walking until after our trip. It will be so much easier to contain her with her being immobile! I have friends that keep asking if we are going to put her into early intervention. Im not worried, the doctor isn't worried so I don't really see a need. She hits her milestones when she feels like it lol.

Yes, this. Kids will do things at there own pace. DS walked/ran at 8 months. It was so nice to DD not moving much. At 14 she is still quiet and doesn't move as much. She does play soccer and marching band but loves her down time so much more. It is will be nice to have one a bit more quiet if O2 is anything like my DS.

Thank you! I have heard this is super common! Our two will be about 19 months apart, so hopefully S wont revert as soon as O2 arrives. My husband and his sister are 13 months apart so we get a tiny bit more spacing!

Mine are 16 months. DS didn't regress on his own. He was almost potty trained about when I had DD. It was too much for me to keep up with so I let it go. The 2 things I found difficult was trying to DS out of the car seat, swing and bouncy seat or just off of his sister. He was always trying to get her to play or giving her hugs and that. The was the phases they went though. They never ended. As soon as one was done with the phase the next was starting. This was super stressful for me. But what worked well was getting them on the same schedule as soon as possible and treating them more like twins. It just made things easier. Now they are 14 and 15. They don't show it anymore but they are super close. DD has anxiety and DS let her hang out with his friends at the beginning of the school year without complaining until she felt comfortable to go off on her own. Then there was a fire at the school a few weeks ago (it was just in a microwave) and DD was so worried about DS because she didn't see him and he wasn't answering her phone. So now it isn't so much outwardly showing how close they are but it is more subtle and small things.

Following along.

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard my crazy ramblings!

Our youngest (who is now 20) didn't walk until 15 months. He had no need to because his sister would bring him what he wanted or carry him around all the time. He was living his best life not having to do anything himself :rotfl2: We finally had to tell her to quit carrying him everywhere he wanted to go.

Congrats on baby #2. The couple that used to live across the road from us had trouble conceiving and they adopted a newborn baby boy and a few months later found our they were pregnant. They now have two boys that are loved beyond measure.

Yeah S is pretty much carried where ever her heart desires. She is also Miss Independent, so now that she crawls it is her preferred mode of transportation!

Thank you! We are very excited and nervous two have two under two, but we can't wait! This little one will complete our family. I did struggle with mentally accepting this pregnance since it happened so fast and I have a friend who just had her third failed IVF transfer. She hasn't spoken to me much since I told her, but I get it. I was in her shoes. I am just giving her the space and whatever support she needs.

Yes, this. Kids will do things at there own pace. DS walked/ran at 8 months. It was so nice to DD not moving much. At 14 she is still quiet and doesn't move as much. She does play soccer and marching band but loves her down time so much more. It is will be nice to have one a bit more quiet if O2 is anything like my DS.

Yeah I have a feeling as soon as she can move it is ALL OVER for us! She is fiercly independent, so not pushing ANYTHING!

Mine are 16 months. DS didn't regress on his own. He was almost potty trained about when I had DD. It was too much for me to keep up with so I let it go. The 2 things I found difficult was trying to DS out of the car seat, swing and bouncy seat or just off of his sister. He was always trying to get her to play or giving her hugs and that. The was the phases they went though. They never ended. As soon as one was done with the phase the next was starting. This was super stressful for me. But what worked well was getting them on the same schedule as soon as possible and treating them more like twins. It just made things easier. Now they are 14 and 15. They don't show it anymore but they are super close. DD has anxiety and DS let her hang out with his friends at the beginning of the school year without complaining until she felt comfortable to go off on her own. Then there was a fire at the school a few weeks ago (it was just in a microwave) and DD was so worried about DS because she didn't see him and he wasn't answering her phone. So now it isn't so much outwardly showing how close they are but it is more subtle and small things.

That is so sweet! My SIL has a baby who is 9 months yonger than S and S loves her SOOOO much! She is always giving her kisses and touching her. I think she will be the same with her brother when he gets here. I do fear she will be climbing all over him, and Im just not sure how much she will understand at 19 months. She could surprise us though. I have learned the last 14 months, have zero expectations and just go with it.

We are now 29 days away, and my immobile child is giving us a run for our money. She started doing this balancing gig on her knees last night. She has pulled up to standing a few time, I just need her to not walk for 39 more days. Is that too much to ask lol? Here she is with her new balancing act! Please ignore our messy baby jail, we are making memories.....yeah that's it.....memories.

Moving on. We last left off with arrival day. S will hopefully nap and Jen and I will shop! We are keeping the day open because things with a toddler are fairly unpredictable.

On Sunday we are having a low key morning. I booked a 10 am reservation at Whispering Canyon. We LOVE breakfast in our house. We go out to breakfast on Sundays at least twice a month. S loves pancakes and eggs, and if we get our food first we get death stares until hers comes. So I think she will like WC. Bonus if the Tree is up and we can stare at it while we eat.

After breakfast S will probably take a nap and two of the three adults will hit the pool assuming the weather is nice. Jen and I love a good pool day. I will be sad to not have my endless Turtle Crawls this go around, but at least I can justify the whole eating for 2 thing right?

Lunch and Dinner will probably be quick service somewhere. Guyser Point, Roaring forks, possibly even Disney Springs. We have Christmas Party tickets this evening. We can get into MK at 7 so we may opt for Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbor House. S is pretty good about sleeping in the stroller so we will be bringing lots of blankets to make her comfy and keep her warm for the night. If she gets too upset I will probably head back to the hotel with her and let Andrew and Jen have the night out. I can't go on any of the "good" rides so this will be a good opportunity for them to do the big ones without having to worry about me.

Day three Plans

I am just gonna add day 3 to this post because it is boring as boring can be. Day three is a rest day. We figured with being out late at the party the night before we would need a day to recover. I am actually having a scooter delivered to the hotel for myself this day.

In 2019 I had MAJOR spine surgery. I have a 8 inch vertical abdominal scar where they went in to do the work. It was a long recovery, and while I am 95% pain free, standing still for long periods of time, and extended walking does make my back hurt. Add in round ligament pain from pregnancy, and I am just not a happy camper. So together with my doctor and my mom (who is a nurse) we felt it would be best for me to be off my feet as much as possible. I dont want people to have to push me in a wheel chair if I can't walk anymore, and I want to enjoy my trip, so this was the way to go. As I said before, was definitely NOT expecting to be pregnant for this trip, so we have had to make some minor changes.

So we have legit zero plans during the day. Hence I am the actual worst again. Guessing we will probably chill at the pool, maybe some Disney Springs shopping.

At night however, Jen and I have plans to go to California Grille for dinner. We have an 8:15 reservation so we are hoping to be able to go out on the obeservation deck to watch the fireworks then finish our meal.

And that my friends is day 2 and 3 in a nut shell! Thanks so much for following along so far! More to come!

Thank you! We are very excited and nervous two have two under two, but we can't wait!

My grandbabies are 15 months apart. While I know my DIL has some days that are tough my son is able to work from home some right now to help out a lot so that helps. My grand daughter is almost 18 months now and very independent which is good most of the time but sometimes it makes things tougher. our grandson is almost 3 months and is strictly nursing so he has to be close to mommy most of the time because he has some digestive issues that keeps him from eating much and so that means he has to nurse more often. Needless to say DIL is exhausted a lot but knows the exhaustion is worth it in the end. They wanted their kids to be close like my son and my daughter and youngest son because my DIL and her sister are 10 years apart. My oldest son and my dd are 23 months apart and very close friends now as adults. So that's what they were wanting for thier littles. They also want two more (at least DIL does) but they have to wait at least 2 years according to the doctor to give her body time to heal.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We were very busy here!

On Fridays I am often lucky enough to be able to work just a half day, so I did just that and hung out with S. I put on Disney+ to see if I could catch her attention with anything, and to my pride and joy she stopped playing with her toys to watch the Disney 50th Anniversary Special!

Saturday was spent running errands and Sunday was spent going out for breakfast, watching football, doing laundry and PACKING!

I realized this past weekend that we are away Oct 30-Nov 2, November 6, 13-20, and 27. Yeah that is a LOT of travel in a month. S will be going to CA with me Oct 30, DH will stay home. Nov 6 DH and I go to NH for a wedding, the 13-20 is Disney, and then the 27th is an engagement party in NJ. I am already exhausted thinking about all this. And the fun part, I have exactly ONE day to prep for ALL these trips!

So I started packing for California this weekend, and putting aside Florida clothes for S. For CA we will share a suitcase since it is a short trip, Florida we will each have our own.

While I was out on my errands I saw this kids tablet and thought it would be perfect for S. We will "give" it to her for Christmas, aka, she will use it for our trips and get the empty box for Christmas. She is small enough were that is ok, and frankly, she will probably like the box more come Christmas.

So I set that up on Sunday as well and downloaded a couple episodes of Minnie's Bowtoons onto it. I will probably add a couple more things, but if this can get me 30 minutes of entertainment on the plane I will be happy!

Up Next, more Disney plans!

Attachments

• Packing1.jpg
    Packing1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Packing2.jpg
    Packing2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Suitcase.jpg
    Suitcase.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Tablet.jpg
    Tablet.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Joining in! Honestly she probably will like the box better for Christmas :rotfl: I'm all around jealous of your trip but mainly the xmas party and decorations! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Joining in! Honestly she probably will like the box better for Christmas :rotfl: I'm all around jealous of your trip but mainly the xmas party and decorations! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Welcome! Glad to have you along!

Haha right? Part of me is tempted to bring her the empty box to play with on the plane! The flight is the part I am most anxious about.

I am a little jealous of me too! Christmas season is my FAVORITE season. I'm a summer girl at heart, but I just love Christmas. I love lights, decorations, food, parties, music! I swear my husband is a saint for putting up with my Christmas obsession!

So I am calling this installation the Annual Pass Saga of 2021!

But first.......

Yay! It is really creeping up fast on me!

Let's rewind for a moment. DH and I went to Disney in May with some friends for an adults only trip. We had so much fun. About 6 weeks before our trip I found out thanks to the DIS, that anyone who HAD an AP prior to the pandemic and cancelled MAY be eligible to re-instate their AP! So I called and was put on the call back list. About a week before our trip I got the call and was able to activate my AP again. My DH did NOT have an AP, in Hind Sight I would have upgraded his ticket from our Dec 2019 trip to an AP, but how were we to know what 2020 would bring? So I TRIED to get them to allow my DH to get an AP on that blessed call, mainly because it would have been cheaper to upgrade his current ticket than to buy two sets of tickets. No dice. He didn't have a prior AP so he was SOL. Oh well. First world problem for sure.

So in August I was starting to get anxious about park reservations (I HATE the park reservation system, but that is a grip for another day), and AP's were no where on the horizon......or so I thought. On August 2nd I got his ticket, and naturally a month later they started selling AP's. Again first world problems!

So Last night I called Disney to try and upgrade my husbands ticket to an AP, I opted to have them call back. Well I missed the call because for some reason my phone REFUSED to work last night and every call I received........ok not EVERY call, the "Spam likely" call somehow got through, went straight to voice mail. So I missed my chance.

Then today I finally get a hold of a human. She takes my info and I opted to stay on the line this time due to my issues from yesterday. Well an hour into my second hold the call dropped! Ughhh! So I officially quit. We are going back to our original plan. On arrival day we will head to Disney Springs and upgrade his ticket at the ticket counter there. We are getting in about 6 hours earlier than initially planned and are not using our actual park tickets til Tuesday, so there is time.

My problems are thankfully just annoying first world problems, and in a perfect world upgrading to an AP would be an option on MDE, but I am not the webmaster in charge so it is what it is! We will still be able to save some money because we are for sure going back in October with our friends and their kids. My best friend and I have had this trip planned in our minds since before we graduated college and met our husbands! We are also doing one day in Epcot in May to celebrate my 40th birthday before we go on a family cruise!

OK enough Jibber Jabber! Moving on!

Day FOUR Tuesday!

Today is the day I have probably been most excited for since I woke up at 7 am on December 13, 2020! It is S's first full day at the Magic Kingdom! I cannot wait to walk down Main Street and see this!

615390 615391

Our morning will probably start on the "early" side. While I don't think we will make rope drop, S tends to wake up around 7:30 am, so we will go with her flow.

We have no real touring plan, we will for SURE hit up Fantasyland and do basically all the rides there! We will also head over to Adventureland and do the Jingle Cruise and Pirates! S is a bit of a "thrill junkie" she LOVES throwing herself backwards and being thrown around, so I think she will really love the drop in Pirates.

We have breakfast at 9:10 here, so we will be in the park by 9 am for sure!
I'm sad we wont be able to "mingle" with the princesses, but that could be a good thing. Given that S is a "Pandemic baby" she does have a bit of stranger danger. She just has not been exposed to a lot of people outside of immediate family. We are starting to branch out more now that our friends are all vaccinated, but these things don't change over night. Her "best friend" just moved to California, which bums me out because they were so cute playing together.

The last order of business ride wise is Haunted Mansion. It will be known henceforth as the "Magic" Mansion. At least until she realizes it isn't ACTUALLY scary.

In the past S has napped REALLY well in the stroller so we are just going to play it by ear. If she gets super fussy someone will head back to the hotel with her, if she is content in the stroller we will just go about our day. This would be a good time for Andrew and Jen to ride Splash and Thunder as I cant ride. I am also fairly certain we are going to get Genie+ for this day, so that will be interesting to report back on.

We will eat dinner in the park. My vote is Pecos Bill's or Columbia Harbor House. Of course, we also have high intentions of snacking a LOT this day. Spring Rolls, Dole Whips and Mickey Bars are on the menu, possibly some popcorn too. So dinner will be TBD.

We would love to wrap up the day with fireworks. I LOVE fireworks. If all I did at Disney was see fireworks I would be a happy camper. So if S can't make it to the end of the night, either Andrew or Jen will take her back to the hotel and the remaining adults will stay for the fireworks. While I didn't LOVE Happily Ever After, I still enjoyed it a lot. I am a Wishes girl at heart.

And that is day 4 and our Magic Kingdom Day!

Hello Hello! We are up to day FIVE! Man this trip is flying by and we aren't even there yet!
16 sweet days to go! Holy Moly! Not only is the trip flying by fast it is coming up fast! In two days S and I head to California. My brother will be my traveling companion for this trip, DH is staying home. He started a new job and since we are going away in November, didn't want to take time off now. I get it but man am I nervous to get on a plane with a 14 month old with out him for 6 hours! Coming home my mom will be with me so that will be a bit better. My brother is amazing with S and is our Manny, but he is not nearly as helpful as my husband or mom.

We had a major storm in our area on Tuesday night and power went out about 3 am. We currently are on day 2 of no power and cable/wifi/cell service. I am fortunate my parents live near by and have all of the above, so I have been working at their house. We had trees down in both directions of our road. 100% blocked in one direction, and 50% in the other, so we could at least get out. Thankfully we are all safe and the house was not damaged (cant say the same about the fence, but eh it is just a fence), so that is all the matters. The power being out is minor and it is thankfully not cold yet!

Yesterday we had a little freakout with our flight home. Yay more plane drama! Our seat numbers were showing on the app but not on the Jet Blue website. Jen called and got it all sorted out and the app has the correct information. So freakout is over!

So anyway, back to the show.......errr ummm trip.

Day 5 we are headed to Epcot! Now NORMALLY this is my favorite park. I love the World Showcase, and drinking around the world, but this time I will be eating for two and Andrew will have to take one for the team and drink for two. Bright side is we can take the car because we have a default designated driver. So yay?

Our big plans are Figment, which I think S will LOVE due to all the colors, Frozen Ever After, which I know S will love due to the music. She LOVES music. I would like to do Remy even if we have to pay for the lightning lane, but we will try and get a reservation for free at 7 am. We will also do Nemo and rider swap Soarin. I am so glad I can go on this one. Probably the only height restricted pregnancy friendly ride. I am sure Jen and Andrew will split up from S and I to do Test Track.

Of course we will hit up the World Showcase and do a little shopping, and eating around the world. We have a late lunch booked for Via Napoli, which will involve a giant pizza, and pitchers of bud light (enter my sad face here).

We will top off the night with a viewing of Harmonious which I am excited to see. I was a HUGE Illuminations fan, I just love the music, so I am being open minded about Harmonious. I have not seen any spoilers and am so proud of myself for that!

After that we will stumble our way back to the car and head back to the WL and go to bed!

Thursday will be another rest day, we do have breakfast booked at Olivia's because I am OBSESSED with banana bread French toast and Whispering Canyon no longer has it, if they did, every single breakfast every single day would be at WC. We will probably head to the pool and relax and then around dinner time Andrew and I will head out and Jen will babysit S for the night. Andrew and I have park reservations and a dinner reservation at Le Cellier. If we do NOT make it to Harmonious on the first night we will stay this night. Otherwise we will just enjoy our evening and take it easy.

And THAT is day 5 and 6! Up next our last park day and heading home :(

8 days away! As our favorite Mouse likes to say "OH BOY"

S and I are back from our quick trip to the west coast. She did very well on the plane, a little fussy here and there, but not the nightmare I imagined. To say I was anxious flying with a baby is an understatement. We left the house about 4 am and our flight was at 7:30 am. She slept for a grand total of 1 hour! I managed to keep her occupied with a mixture of toys, food, and her tablet. There is some puppy game on there so she spent about 45 minutes of our flight barking at her tablet. I learned quite a few things this trip and will be lugging HALF the stuff for our carry on on the flight next week. 3 hours is much easier to entertain than 6!

Our last day is the 20th. We have a 330 flight home, so just enough time for Gold Mobility to come and collect the scooter and have lunch somewhere. We will drive to MCO where we will send Andrew off to find a luggage cart (we rented one of these on the way home at LAX and again at BOS and it was the best $17 we spent all day) while Jen and I return the car and get the car seat unloaded. This is where I REALLY miss the RAC feature at the hotels. I truly wish they could find a way to save that even if DME is a thing of the past. Once we make it through the terminal we will probably grab some food for the plane, and settle at our gate until it is time to board and take off. My mom or dad will come and collect us at Logan and we will be on our way home, hopefully with great stories to share from the week!

We added lunch at the Grand Floridan Cafe on Monday so we can go and see the gingerbread house. I realize we don't need a reservation to go to the Grand, but we want to drive verses take Disney transport and I have heard they are being a stickler if you don't have a reservation. We have to eat regardless, so may as well plan for a nice lunch while we see the sights!

So with 8 days to go there is a LAUNDRY list of things to do (including laundry)!

Tomorrow Andrew and I head to middle of nowhere NH for a wedding. I THOUGHT the wedding was at 7 pm, good thing I checked the invitation, it is at 3:30 pm.

Sunday we will drive home pretty much as soon as we wake up. With a billion things to do there is no time to dawdle!

Andrew will do a final recycling run when we get home. We redeem our bottles and cans and put the money in a box for when we travel to have cash on hand. Due to Covid and not going anywhere for 2 years we have about $650 in there. We used to buy milk that had a deposit of $2.50 a bottle so it added up quickly, now we have it delivered once a week.

Speaking of, I need to cancel the milk delivery and put the mail on hold!

Upon return to the house I will unpack from California and do laundry, then repack for S and I for Florida. We took one bag to CA, but will each take our own bag to FL. Andrew is on his own for packing.

Tuesday I have an OB appointment and I am HOPING I can squeeze in a nail appointment on my way home.

Friday.....oh Friday. I have voiced my displeasure for this one, but it is the FIRST time in over a year and a half I have to go into the office! My team is having a "Team meeting" that day. I complained about it in our virtual meeting on Thursday, that not only did I have an OB appt that afternoon, conveniently placed for after my mani/pedi, but I am leaving for vacation the next day! So doctors is now on Tuesday. It is the story of my life that these things happen to me. Of course they are simple first world problems, but still. I did manage to joke I wasn't sure if I could find the office since they have changed all the exit numbers since I last drove out there.

Speaking of work, forecast 3 and budget are coming up, so I have to get some stuff done before I leave, including updating some templates I tested last month and are now ready to go live for F3/budget.

So work and life will keep me busy between now and next Saturday, but the reward is IM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

I haven't heard of people having milk delivered in a long time. Do a lot of people where you live get milk delivered?
There is a local dairy that has been around for close to 100 years! The same family has owned and operated since it opened. They still have glass bottled milk and home delivery! My dad and I both worked at the ice cream stand there in high school! It isn't super common to have delivery, but since Covid they have had a waiting list. My uncle is a manager there and was able to get me onto the delivery list when we bought our house last June. I love being able to support a small business even if it is more expensive. With a baby it is sooooo much easier having the milk delivered as well. They also deliver an assortment of other food items, I could have ordered my Thanksgiving turkey from them, and would have, but Andrew is getting a free one from work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter