I Am Just Disney-ed Out

Actually, that is a very normal reaction to something that you do over and over again. I have gone at least once a year (except 2016) since 1983. I still like the place, but, I get moused out very easily over the last few years. I went in February of 2015 the last time and I only spent two days because frankly, I was bored. I did go to Europe in October of 2015 and while in Paris went to Disneyland Paris, but, it was a rainy day and I wasn't really in the mood. It seemed like a nice place, but, I just wasn't into it. Anyway I spent a month on vacation covering France, Italy and Spain including a two week trans-Atlantic cruise back to Ft. Lauderdale, but, basically have gone no place in 2016. I am thinking about a quick trip again in February (4 days), two of them at Universal and one at WDW. (I have the last day of my 10 day, non-expiring ticket left and I am planning on using it up. My next trip will depend on my health (I will be 69 this year) and how quickly they get the new stuff finished. I am not going back for the old stuff so hopefully I will be able to get to see the new stuff. I'm actually looking more forward to Universal then WDW. I didn't think I would ever say that, but, there it is.

I'm with you there. The old stuff is great, but it's time for something different. Maybe after Star Wars and Toy Story Land are done at HS we will go back, although that may be the time that Epcot is being torn apart. It's never ending it seems. We are now thinking about a SoCal trip next year. At least you don't need a Fastpass for the ocean.:thumbsup2

I felt the same way on my last trip and my only time in the parks was for MVMCP. As I was waiting in the FP+ line for the speedway (which was forming outside of the turnstiles!) I remember thinking... why am I here again? I do feel the need to take a break from Disney for awhile. My trip will be Universal only.

But yet I still read these boards on a regular basis! I swear, Disney is addicting. It is a place like no other, which is why many of us keep going back. But some of us reach a saturation point and we realize we need to step away from "the magic".

Agreed. I think we need an intervention for our "addiction". I'm sure a Universal trip will help you detox...

While I still love my Disney trips, my husband reached his Disney limit a few trips ago and chose not to come on the last two trips. I'm pretty sure he also won't be joining our daughter and I in August. He says maybe one day he'll be ready to go back but right now he's just not feeling the Disney. I'm ok with that as long as I still get to go!!

I agree that the experiences can start to get boring (for some, not for all!). I personally think every two years is good for me. My sons, who are 14 and 16, haven't been there since 2013 and they don't want to go back until all of the Star Wars stuff is completed, which is fine with me. In the meantime, I went with my sister, sister-in-law, and 23 year old niece, and it was a totally different experience with them. My sister-in-law hadn't been there in years so it was fun to do everything with her because it was all new for her, and her excitement was contagious. We're going back in November for our second Food & Wine Festival and we're going to build in more resort/pool time, spend lots of time in the World Showcase, and we'll only hit our favorite rides and not feel pressured to do everything... we don't need to be park commandos this time. We are all definitely excited about Pandora, too! That will be fun to explore.

Regardless of how often you go, I also think over-planning causes too much stress. We put together a basic per-day plan so we can get our three fast passes for our favorites, we make just a few table service reservations that we really want to hit, and other than that we go with the flow. Park Hoppers help a lot with being able to do that. We also make sure to sit down once in a while and just enjoy a snack or a cocktail, and take in the sights and sounds.

When we first started going many moons ago (33 years I think) we went every other year. I was a single mom and it took me two years to save, there was always something new happening so it was never boring. On the off year, we would take a couple of long weekend type trips so as to not spend a lot of money since I was saving but to get to see other places. In the past 4 years, I've been going twice a year and my now grown son has started going once a year. Heck, last year I got 3 trips in. Going every year now we aren't bored but it's not all about the rides for us, it's just the place. Thankfully as the years have gone by, my financial position has improved and we go other places as well. Up until two years ago (when we got a puppy who can not be boarded because she's a small submissive spoiled rotten thing) we took a dive trip every year as well. Go somewhere else, there are so many great places out there to see in this country alone and when you are ready (and I'm betting you will be) go back to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter