I also WON a Disney Cruise!

So excited to read about your amazing cruise!!! Can't wait to see and hear more.

Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you and so glad you are writing a report.

Jill in SNOWY CO

That's so neat. I saw a couple walking around Castaway Cay this past weekend with WINNER lanyards and thought -- man, I wish I won a trip like this.

Congratulations!!!! It's the best prize ever!

That's neat that they got lanyards. I wonder who they won through?

Congrats!!!! Seeing the picture of your server, Hans put a smile on my face...he was our server on the Wonder on our 1st cruise- 3 yrs. ago and we loved him so much...he is fantastic... Lucky You winning the contest!!!

We LOVED Hans! And Xavier too! My kids still talk about them. They thought they were the coolest! They liked that I put up their picture so they could show all their friends. They never had anyone "wait on them hand and foot" before (except me...and that doesn't count to them :rolleyes:).

This was our first Day At Sea. We slept in a bit this morning (at least later than the day before). We decided the night before that since we were going to be missing Triton's on our rotation, since they had previously booked our Palo reservation for night 3, we wanted to eat there as much as possible for breakfast and lunch. I forgot to mention before that our dining rotation was APTAP. I had called DCL a few weeks before the trip to see if I could find out our rotation and possibly request one. We wanted to make sure that we got to eat at all the restaurants and if we had to give one up it would be Parrot Cay. (I'm a little bit of a control freak when it comes to traveling and vacations.) The CM that I spoke to said that “rotation #2” had been already requested for us - must have been done by the rep who took care of all our appointments and reservations. The rotation he told us was APPTA. This worked out perfect for our Palo dinner. However, this rotation was for the Cozumel/CC sailings that they had already done – ours was the first GC/Cozumel itinerary – so I guess they changed it at the last minute. (I even called again a few days before to double check this and the CM I got that time said that I would find out once we got on the ship and didn't give me any other information.)
DS was still a sleepyhead, so we left him in the room. At Triton's, I had the Express breakfast. DD had the Waffle Sandwich and has craved it everyday since! DF had Egg's Benedict.

P1010208_zps95ede72c.jpg

P1010207_zpsd7b6652c.jpg

P1010211_zpsf3ff3b88.jpg

I had a manicure/pedicure scheduled at 10:30am. DF is a “foodie” and loves to cook so he was going to “Disney's Art of Entertaining – The Appetizer” at 10:15am, followed by Napkin Folding at 11am. DD went back to the stateroom to get DS up and they were going to meet DF at 11:30 for the Family Animation lesson.

P1010236_zpsf6d4b10d.jpg

P1010246_zps51d45db0.jpg

P1010249_zpsd0622ebb.jpg

P1010271_zpsd390c6ab.jpg

I had a great time in the salon with Belinda who did my nails. I was there for about 2 hrs and enjoyed the fabulous view out of the windows.
I met DF, DD, and DS at Triton's for lunch. We happened to get our dinner server, Hans, which was great. I got the Rueben, DD got a pasta dish, DS got a burger with cheese, and DF got a chicken salad with a lemon dressing. (I am guessing at this since we didn't write it down and none of the menus that others have posted match with our pictures.)

P1010285_zps70ee8c4d.jpg

P1010284_zps5838f400.jpg

P1010283_zps82afb6ac.jpg

After lunch, the kids went off to watch “The Avengers” in the Buena Vista Theatre while DF and I went to do Disney Movie Trivia in the Promenade Lounge. I'm okay at this but if it were Disney MUSIC trivia I would have done much better. ;) We then went up to the “Art of the Theme Show Tour” at 3pm. We really enjoyed this tour and loved learning all the little details done for the ship. Our tour was an Adult Only tour and I would recommend it highly. (My DD was disappointed that she wasn't allowed to do to this activity, along with the napkin folding class that was earlier.) We ended the tour at Route 66, which was convenient since DF had his Tequila/Margarita Tasting in the Cadillac Lounge at 4:15pm. One thing I noticed on the carpet in the Route 66 area is that it's missing a “town” from the infamous song. The song lyrics are: “Goes to St. Louis, down to Missouri; Oklahoma City looks oh so pretty; you'll see Amarillo, Gallup New Mexico; Flagstaff Arizona, don't forget Winona; Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino...” Well on the map in the carpet they forgot Winona!! I asked our tour guide, Steven, and he said that he wasn't that familiar with the song but that yes they must have forgotten it. Not really the answer I wanted but oh well.
I headed up to my facial at the spa. They knew me by name at this point. :cool2: Aileen was doing my facial and she was excellent. She asked me lots of questions about how I take care of my skin and gave me some additional tips. She then asked what kind of facial I was having and I actually wasn't sure. I explained that I had won the cruise, all my treatments were included in the prize, and they had been scheduled for me. She thought it was the Pro-Collagen Treatment but she suggested that I have the Oxydermy facial instead since it's one of the best treatments. She said that she would charge it to the prize account and if it kicks it back she would discount the price so I wouldn't be charged any extra. What a unexpected bit of pixie dust! :thumbsup2 I had only had a facial one time before this about 10yrs ago, and it was just a basic one. My skin was incredible! Everyone could tell. I now know why people get them regularly (not that I could afford $169+tip regularly :crazy2:).
I went back to the stateroom and met everyone else there. The kids just hung out the rest of the day and watched Disney movies and cartoons on the tv. DS wasn't thrilled with last night's show so he passed on The Golden Mickeys tonight. It was dress-up night and I felt quite under dressed compared to everyone else since I didn't have enough time to change before the show. I didn't care much for this production. The character of “host” of the show was annoying to me, but DD liked it which I was glad about.
We went back to the room and all changed for dinner. I wanted to do the game “So You Think You Know Your Family?” but when I asked my kids earlier in the day, they said that they weren't good at trivia games like that, so we passed on it which is good because we were running behind getting dressed up for dinner (or I should say I was as usual – hey it takes a lot to look this good!:lmao:)

I love your thread ! I'm so glad that a fellow diser won such a wonderful trip ! Can't wait to hear more !

We were at Parrot Cay tonight. DF had Island-Spiced Seared Ahi Tuna, Mixed Grill, and Ice-Cream Sundae for dessert. I had Baked Crab Martinique, Caribbean Roasted Chicken, and the Parrot Cay Sweet Temptations plate. DS and DD both had the West Indies Romaine Salad which neither of them were thrilled with (they usually like a traditional Caesar Salad which this really wasn't). DS chose the Braised Jerk-Seasoned Pork chop and Crème Brulee Cheesecake for dessert. DD decided to have the Roasted Chicken Breast which came with rice and broccoli, and she chose the Chocolate S'More Vanilla Cake for her dessert.

P1010361_zps75c13651.jpg

P1010362_zps67e60d4e.jpg

P1010376_zpsb8f729ff.jpg

P1010375_zps093d878d.jpg

P1010374_zps9b0272e8.jpg

P1010378_zps7ee9ad92.jpg

P1010377_zpsc54c9676.jpg

P1010379_zps1dd74d61.jpg

P1010380_zps30d36608.jpg

When we finished dinner, we had formal portraits done in the Lobby. Of course I'm biased - but my kids are so cute!

DWD-130115-NightShip8x10-7279388_zps7b0c1c55.jpg

DWD-130115-NightShip8x10-7279393_zps06adf207.jpg

We were looking forward to seeing “Lincoln” on this cruise since it had recently come out before we left, but we didn't get finished with our pictures in time and still needed to change. Instead we just relaxed in the room and went to bed at about 11pm. We arrive at Grand Cayman in the morning! :woohoo:

Several months back DCL had a sweepstakes for 4 different cruises introducing the new ports they were sailing from. (Maybe some of you remember this.) Well I won the final round cruise prize! :cool1: The prize was a 5-night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami on the Wonder.

Awesome! I had played every day too! So cool that a Dis'er won. Can't wait to read your TR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!