Hyatt Place to Downtown Disney: Would a taxi be best?

DeniseJH

DIS Veteran
Hi! Our first night at DL we want to go Downtown for dinner. We are going to be tired from our flight and don't want to do a lot of walking, so what would be the best way to get there? I understand that to get to the parks the best way is to walk to the Toy Story lot and take the tram, but to get to Downtown would there be a lot of walking from there (the main entrance)? What about through one of the DL Resorts - is there some way to get to that side easily from our hotel? Thanks!

It's around 1 1/2- 2 miles to the Disneyland Drive side of DTD. Uber would cost you around 7 bucks, not including tip. Worth it, I think, to save your tired tootsies.
One time DD and I had reservations at Napa Rose, and we were staying at HoJo. Our feet were already killing us from a full day of touring, so we grabbed an Uber. Rather than walk back down Harbor, go through security, all the way down to GCH, then wind our way through to the restaurant-- our ride just pulled up to the front entrance of the hotel. That was a good decision!

It's around 1 1/2- 2 miles to the Disneyland Drive side of DTD. Uber would cost you around 7 bucks, not including tip. Worth it, I think, to save your tired tootsies.
One time DD and I had reservations at Napa Rose, and we were staying at HoJo. Our feet were already killing us from a full day of touring, so we grabbed an Uber. Rather than walk back down Harbor, go through security, all the way down to GCH, then wind our way through to the restaurant-- our ride just pulled up to the front entrance of the hotel. That was a good decision!

I figured that would be the best bet, (we don't do uber or lyft though) , but I was curious if there were any shortcuts to the resort side of things. Thank you!

Uber...it is easy peasy, convenient and quick. I used them all the time to get from that end of the Convention Center area to the GCH and DTD and back when I am lazy and tired from working all day. Wanna say the ride was $6 and that is exactly what they are there for...grab a car on demand so you do not have to drive.

Walking you either need to go down Harbor through the Esplanade and into DTD or around the back of DCA along Katella, past Paradise Pier and all the way to Disneyland Hotel to enter DTD. You can not cut through the Grand.

Last edited:
(we don't do uber or lyft though)
Any particular reason? If you have a smartphone, it's super easy. You do need to be safe, but that just involves making sure that the driver A. knows your name when he pulls up B. is in the car he said he would be in. We've never had a problem.

Any particular reason? If you have a smartphone, it's super easy. You do need to be safe, but that just involves making sure that the driver A. knows your name when he pulls up B. is in the car he said he would be in. We've never had a problem.

Well, we didn't have cellphones until just this past January, and the stories I hear definitely make me nervous about using these ride services even though I won't be alone, it will be my husband and I. Also, we are used to getting cabs when in NYC, so that is what I first think of when in need.

Well, we didn't have cellphones until just this past January, and the stories I hear definitely make me nervous about using these ride services even though I won't be alone, it will be my husband and I. Also, we are used to getting cabs when in NYC, so that is what I first think of when in need.
And there are certainly cabs around. We took them occasionally in Anaheim before Uber was a thing.

Maybe time to consider testing them out. Lyft often has promos of $5 or $10 off per ride for X number of rides for new riders. You could try it on the way there and if you don’t like it, it will only last like 5 mins and you can take a taxi back.

Maybe time to consider testing them out. Lyft often has promos of $5 or $10 off per ride for X number of rides for new riders. You could try it on the way there and if you don’t like it, it will only last like 5 mins and you can take a taxi back.

Sounds like it is worth looking into. Thank you!

Sounds like it is worth looking into. Thank you!
My (adult) daughter and I used Uber and Lyft for the first time in May when we were in Florida a couple of times. It was fine. And half the cost of a cab.
We don’t have Uber/Lyft at home so it was the first time using for me.
We’re flying into SNA our next trip and plan on using them to get from the airport to our hotel.

My (adult) daughter and I used Uber and Lyft for the first time in May when we were in Florida a couple of times. It was fine. And half the cost of a cab.
We don’t have Uber/Lyft at home so it was the first time using for me.
We’re flying into SNA our next trip and plan on using them to get from the airport to our hotel.

We talked it over and I think we are going to use one of these while in California. Thank you!

We talked it over and I think we are going to use one of these while in California. Thank you!

There is an apprehension for those that have never used Rideshare before...but I can honestly I have had way more sketchy taxi drivers than I have had Uber drivers.

There is an apprehension for those that have never used Rideshare before...but I can honestly I have had way more sketchy taxi drivers than I have had Uber drivers.

Yes, the yellow cabs are very well regulated in NYC, but I know that they aren't in other cities. So Uber it is! (Or Lyft, any reason to pick one over the other?)

(Or Lyft, any reason to pick one over the other?)

Uber tends to have more driver and more cars available. Many drivers actually drive for both and will have both apps open looking for fares...but some folks choose one or the other for personal reasons based on what they perceive about the corporations.

Uber tends to have more driver and more cars available. Many drivers actually drive for both and will have both apps open looking for fares...but some folks choose one or the other for personal reasons based on what they perceive about the corporations.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter