Hyatt OC Review

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
We stayed there last week and I thought I’d report back since I’d seen other posts about people planning trips there. First it’s surprisingly dated. We tag along with DH to a lot of business conferences and stay at similar hotel chains like Marriott and this is the first trip me I can remember not having a mini fridge in the room. I asked about it and was told only the suites do. Since the weather was crazy hot this was annoying. When we got back to the room we wanted cold drinks. I had brought water and apple sauce pouches for the kids and the ice in the bucket did not keep things cold.

The shuttle worked great. They do only leave 45 minutes before DL EMH but it got us there in plenty of time to be near the front. We never saw it full in the morning on the first shuttle or too full to pick up at night. When the park was closing at midnight they picked up at midnight, 12:30 and last shuttle was at 1. The hotel shuttle leaves at 15/45 and picks up at 00/30. For the most part they ran on time. It was confusing the first night because the pick up spot 13 is shared with other hotels so it can look very crowded. I had never heard of the Majestic but it picks up there and always had huge amounts of people who couldn’t get on their bus. At one point there was even a sign for the Majestic on the pillar so it can be confusing and make you feel like you’re in the wrong spot.

Security moved pretty quickly. It was the longest wait on the one day we didn’t RD and came around noon.

We only stayed there because it was chosen by DH’s work so honestly I wouldn’t book it myself. The beds weren’t very comfortable and the elevators took forever. There is no a/c in the hallways so it was pretty hot waiting for the elevators. The shuttles were efficient which was great but otherwise not a place I’d recommend.

Thanks for sharing! I have a stay booked there for 2 week from now. While I don’t plan to be spending too much time in the room, your information on the shuttle was super helpful.

Glad to help! It’s confusing before you get there wondering how it actually works. There is a machine to buy tickets near the line for the shuttle or you can buy them directly from from the valet. You can’t charge to the room though so be ready to pay for them.

Glad to help! It’s confusing before you get there wondering how it actually works. There is a machine to buy tickets near the line for the shuttle or you can buy them directly from from the valet. You can’t charge to the room though so be ready to pay for them.
That’s interesting. I actually booked the room package that comes with parking and the shuttle passes so not sure how it will work.

We’ve stayed at the Hyatt Regency the past 3 trips. We’ve only been without kids though and appreciate the more quiet, relaxing pool on the first floor. We skip the shuttle and Uber to the parks for convenience (plus we usually split the fare with another couple).

We’ve always had a mini fridge too but maybe that’s cause we’re Hyatt members and they just upgraded us? I dunno.

Love the closeness to target for sunscreen, bottled water, alcohol to sip by the pool, etc.

We’ll have to see how it strikes us this time. Always been pleased in the past but open to change.

Any other suggestions anyone has for a good hotel for a couple traveling without kids? (We have children but they’re too young to take to Disney now...19 months and one baking in the oven for another 3 months). Can’t wait to share the magic with them soon!

We stayed there last week and I thought I’d report back since I’d seen other posts about people planning trips there. First it’s surprisingly dated. We tag along with DH to a lot of business conferences and stay at similar hotel chains like Marriott and this is the first trip me I can remember not having a mini fridge in the room. I asked about it and was told only the suites do. Since the weather was crazy hot this was annoying. When we got back to the room we wanted cold drinks. I had brought water and apple sauce pouches for the kids and the ice in the bucket did not keep things cold.

The shuttle worked great. They do only leave 45 minutes before DL EMH but it got us there in plenty of time to be near the front. We never saw it full in the morning on the first shuttle or too full to pick up at night. When the park was closing at midnight they picked up at midnight, 12:30 and last shuttle was at 1. The hotel shuttle leaves at 15/45 and picks up at 00/30. For the most part they ran on time. It was confusing the first night because the pick up spot 13 is shared with other hotels so it can look very crowded. I had never heard of the Majestic but it picks up there and always had huge amounts of people who couldn’t get on their bus. At one point there was even a sign for the Majestic on the pillar so it can be confusing and make you feel like you’re in the wrong spot.

Security moved pretty quickly. It was the longest wait on the one day we didn’t RD and came around noon.

We only stayed there because it was chosen by DH’s work so honestly I wouldn’t book it myself. The beds weren’t very comfortable and the elevators took forever. There is no a/c in the hallways so it was pretty hot waiting for the elevators. The shuttles were efficient which was great but otherwise not a place I’d recommend.

Sorry to hear your disappointment. We love the Starbucks in the lobby. We are also Hyatt rewards members, they always upgrade us to a room with a fridge and bunk beds.

I am surprised by your review as well. Sorry you were disappointed. I just stayed this past april and several years ago as well. The Hyatt is one of my favorite off site hotels to stay at near the parks. I thought it still looked updated and relevant. As mentioned, the shuttle service is efficient. We had the upgrade to the suite as well, but never noticed any issues with anything. The location to nearby restaurants and stores is a plus as well. If I need to stay offsite again, I Like this option if it fits my budget.

No AC in the hallways? Wow. Hyatt needs to pump some serious money into that hotel. I would absolutely expect AC in the hallways at a Hyatt Regency. It’s been over 100 on numerous days this year! And while this year has been extraordinary multiple days over 90 are not unexpected in that area over summer.

Does anyone know the first shuttle pick up time in the morning from the Hyatt? I imagine it changed by days with park opening times shifting? I’m trying to plan what time I want to head to the parks. Thank you!!!

Does anyone know the first shuttle pick up time in the morning from the Hyatt? I imagine it changed by days with park opening times shifting? I’m trying to plan what time I want to head to the parks. Thank you!!!
It's XX minutes before park opening. I'm sure the front desk can tell you. It's been 2.5 years since we stayed there, so I forgot.

It was 45 minutes before DL opening, so if it’s an EMH at DL it will follow that schedule.

Thanks for the tip about the Hyatt Rewards! DH has another conference scheduled there already so I’ll ask him about that. It would be annoying that they didn’t mention that when I asked though. They said it was only for suites.

Yep, it was boiling when we were there! The lack of a/c in the hallways when the elevators were down and taking forever was not fun with the kids.

It was 45 minutes before DL opening, so if it’s an EMH at DL it will follow that schedule.

Thanks for the tip about the Hyatt Rewards! DH has another conference scheduled there already so I’ll ask him about that. It would be annoying that they didn’t mention that when I asked though. They said it was only for suites.

Yep, it was boiling when we were there! The lack of a/c in the hallways when the elevators were down and taking forever was not fun with the kids.
Good to know! Thank you!

Parking here is expensive, it was at least $20 a night if I remember correctly

Also, rooms here can be cheap on Priceline express @ like $80 a night for 4* convention center area

Thanks again for telling me about the rewards program! We signed up and they said our next trip will be in a room with a fridge. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter