HV and Jedi Training

Sb4

Earning My Ears
hello! My two kids are Star Wars nuts. We are doing one day at DHS, and Jedi training is a must. I have an 8:20 reservation at Hollywood & Vine, for no other reason than to sign up for training. Is that necessary, or should we just wait for rope drop? How long of a Jedi line would we expect at rope drop? We really don’t have interest in the Disney Jr characters this year, but Jedi training is a top priority. Keep or cancel the adr? Thank you!

hello! My two kids are Star Wars nuts. We are doing one day at DHS, and Jedi training is a must. I have an 8:20 reservation at Hollywood & Vine, for no other reason than to sign up for training.
1. Is that necessary,
2. or should we just wait for rope drop?
3. How long of a Jedi line would we expect at rope drop?
4. Keep or cancel the adr?
1. "Necessary? Not usually.
2. That's the normal procedure.
3. These kind of questions are always difficult to answer.
If you are the first one to get to the sign-up, then there will be no line for you.
If you are the 10 person to get to the line, there will be 10 in front of you.
If you are the 50th to get to the line, well, you know...
4. If you are not interested in the meal, I'd not do the meal.

All of the above is based on a "normal" day with "normal" attendance, and no AM EMH at DHS.

We've signed up for Jedi training 4 yrs in a row, and have never had a H&V adr. We get to the park at least 45 minutes before opening, stand in a line towards the left, and head straight to the sign up. Never had an issues getting a spot. I personally would never spend all that $$$ on a meal no one cared about just to get a jump on sign ups. The only reason I could see keeping it is if you're trip is during a super crowded time (Christmas, spring break, etc).

We arrived about 30 minutes before on an emh morning and went right there first and we were literally the only people there for sign up. The good part is the earlier you go you can pick your time to suit your touring plans.

Thank you. We will cancel the meal and save the $. We have never done Jedi training, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. When we were there 2 years ago, jedi was closed. We will be at DHS Monday :bounce:

FWIW, We were there this past Tuesday. We left the condo at 8, were parked and waiting in line at the gate at 8:30. Gates opened at 8:40. We then waited in line 45 minutes to sign up. (crowd level 4)
My other daughter and DH rode RNR twice in the meantime.
First three training times were completely full when we got up there.

Yup, just go there straight away. The line was long for us, 45 minutes, but so worth it. Both kids loved it, absolute highlight for my son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter