Husband and wife trip

babygirlamg

DIS Veteran
I love Disney!!! I have brought my oldest child every year for the last 3 years...I've been thinking about just a trip with my husband (he has never been) but a part of me feels that I would feel guilty not bringing my kids... My oldest is 11 and my other kids are 4 and 2 (they have never been) my 4 year old has a lot of medical issues and I'm waiting till she is about 6 to bring her and my son I will bring when I being her...has anyone gone without their kids?? And how did you feel while there guilty at all?? We will be doing more adult activities and less time in the parks..thoughts anyone??

Our kids are 19 and 13 now, This sept will be out first trip without kids...and boy are we going to have fun doing what we want :)

I think you'll get alot of support in favor of the adults only trip on here. My wife & I just went for our honeymoon last May without my then 11 & 14 yo. There were times we wish we brought them but we wouldn't have been able to do the nice restaurants, the Keys to the Kingdom tour and so much more. Plus it's cheaper without them. But we learned so much about MK from the tour that we want to share with the kids & we went to EPCOT & AK for the 1st time & now we know what to expect & what the kids should expect & what they probably will or won't like & it's helped us plan a return trip WITH the kids this year. Go. Have fun. Bring back some goodies. Then start planning your return trip.

My upcoming rip is just my husband and wife only. We are leaving DS6 (has been twice) and DS2 (has never been) with their grandparents. We are doing two days of food and wine. I'm looking forward to exploring world showcase since we normally have limited time there.

My boyfriend and I are going for the Food & Wine Fest in Oct. He feels a little guilty that we are not taking his 8 year old son.
I pointed out to him that the boy would likely be bored with this particular trip, and that maybe in another year or so we can go with his son and maybe more family and focus on other things.

My DH and I are going for our first "adults only" trip since the kids were born (we also had part of our honeymoon there :lovestruc). We have a DS (9) and a DD (6) who have both been there three times and we have told them that we are going back without them this time. We are planning on doing all the things we haven't done in ages because of having the kids with us (staying up late to watch Wishes, doing a lounge crawl around the monorail for dinner one night, going to Jellyrolls, drinking around the WS, having a couples massage at the GF, etc.). We will be celebrating my 40th and our 15th wedding anniversary and I am going to suprise him with dinner at the Chef's table at V&A one evening. Not sure about the guilt factor - but i am guessing it won't be too much of a problem :rotfl:.

I technically haven't taken a Disney trip without kids yet, but that's exactly what DH and I plan to do this summer for our anniversary (we'll be leaving the 7 month old at home). You should not feel guilty for taking a trip with just your DH anywhere, including Disney. The kids will also be getting a "vacation" (from you two!). Staying with grandma or whomever is fun, too.

My DH and I are going to St Pete beach for a long weekend and I was trying to talk him into a day at Epcot since we have kids and they get bored doing WS. He vetoed that one since we are all going in October. I wish I could join you all! Maybe an in-room sitter one night!

I was trying to talk him into a day at Epcot since we have kids and they get bored doing WS. He vetoed that one since we are all going in October.!

you definitely want a sitter at least one night - food & wine at Epcot!!!:cool1:

to OP - you and your husband need to get away from your kids. put a little romance back in you life. WDW w/o kids can be very romantic.

We'll be leaving our DD (a toddler) at home with Nana and Grandad when Dh and I go in October. Yes we will miss her but we will enjoy the time together and view it as an investment in our marriage. Not everything can be about the kids.

Think of this as an investment in your marriage. I'd imagine that it'll be hard going without your kids, but you two do need a break. Don't let anyone bring you down because you're going to Disney and not bringing your kids. Disney can be just as enjoyable for adults as any other vacation spot.

Edit: I didn't read the whole thread and didn't see Gracefulskinny's similar comment. ;)

I took my wife for her first trip in 2009. We left our son who was almost 2 at home with in laws. We have been as a family of three and four since, I have been 13 or 14 times total. The trip with just us two was one of the best we ever did!!! We love taking the kids , it is so much fun to see them there, but it is soooo much more relaxing as a couple . We spent our days slowly walking through the parks, if a ride had a long wait we would just come back to it latter. Diner most nights at DTD late about 11:00 or so and then a romantic stroll around DTD and ice cream at Geridellie's . Came home very refreshed and plan on doing the same next year. Our son was too young to get upset that we went with out him but I think they might understand that you two need some time alone and just bring them home a nice gift. I really hope this trip works out for you and have a great time!!!

Last year for our tenth anniversary we took our first disney trip without our then 2.5 year old son. We took the trip wed-sat so that his grandparents could take advantage of daycare and not be too exhausted. We had such a good time we decided to do it again this year. Less than 3 months to go!!!

We didn't feel guilty leaving him behind. He had already been twice and we had 2 more trips already planned for him. even if we didn't have other trips planned I wouldn't have felt guilty. Well perhaps we felt a little guilty, we did buy him the largest mickey mouse plush we could find. At the time we gave it to him it was almost taller than he was. But that little but of guilt was totally worth the time away to recharge.

Sent from my phone using DISBoards Ap, please excuse any typos and autocorrect mistakes.

My DH and I are leaving in 19 days for a 10 day adult only trip. We were married 2 years ago and never got to take a honeymoon. I have a 15 year old DS and my husband has an 11 DS, we went as a family for 10 days last July. I do feel a little guilty, but my DH is right we deserve some time to ourselves and we both LOVE disney and will be able to do what we want to do..looking forward to acting like a kid..

This is me! We just got back (April 29th) from our first family trip to DW. My DS (4) and DD (1) had a blast. Unfortunately with small children there are so many things you can't do (watch Wishes, Illuminations, drink around WS etc.) As soon as we got back I told DH I wanted to go back for an adult only trip! We are going back in Sept for food and wine and we may even do MNSSHP! We have reservations at several signature restaurants. I am extremely excited, but also feel a little guilty leaving the babes behind

we leave in 4 days and are leaving my 7yo daughter (been 4 times) and 3yo son (been 2 times). my wife sometimes feels bad but they just went this past december and are going again in october. initially, its going to feel strange not pushing around a stroller and those beers in epcot will be a lot more relaxing.

Honestly I think it is better that my BF is going with me first. (First trip as an adult anyway) Then when we do take his son next time He will have already gotten the chance to see the things he wants, he will have a better idea of what we are getting into, and we can plan the trip around his son more!

DH and I have been together almost 5 years. We have 4 kids between us ages 19 down to 11. We have been to WDW with kids 4 times and without kids 3 times so far. We are planning a trip without kids in oct again for food & wine and with kids New Year's Eve through first week of jan. it's a totally different place without kids! Go for it!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter