• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Sandy discount

Lynneandhim

Earning My Ears
I was just advised by a supervisor from Disney Cruise Line that there are now black out dates when using the discount from the Fantasy/Hurricane Sandy. This was never communicated to us in any form, other than just the verbal notification I just got when I tried to use the credit on a Jan 4, 2014 cruise. Has anyone else had this experience?:confused3

I believe that the original letter said valid on any NON-HOLIDAY cruise.

Updated because I can't find my original letter so not sure on the final available date.

Yes it was not valid on holiday/special sailings - or anything longer than 7day cruise (if you were on the 7day cruise)

Why would January 4th be considered a holiday cruise? :confused3

Unless the discount isn't valid into 2014?

I would think that Jan 4 would still fall in the holiday period. There are many schools that don't return to full schedules until the end of January, primarily colleges, but there are others.

:cutie:

It excludes holiday sailings and is valid for any cruise (7 days or less) commencing prior to December 1, 2014. However, I am a bit concerned by Disney's apparent belief that January 4th would be a holiday sailing. There is no price premium for that week as compared to the following week and, obviously, no holiday during that sailing.

i assume this discount was for only those on the cruise line during the hurricane?

i assume this discount was for only those on the cruise line during the hurricane?

Yes, they look it up via your old confirmation number if you were on one of the cruises affected by the hurricane.

Took them a bit to figure it out when I booked my next cruise but they eventually got it right :)

What happened during your cruise? I cruised through hurricane Irene. We weren't able to dock at castaway cay (as the dock was damaged). We were not offered anything for another cruise. They didn't even do anything extra (entertainment or otherwise) on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter