Hurricane Irma?

Ready for more gas deliveries down here. Only about 3 stations near me with gas and lines are brutal.

Today had to refuel cans for the generator and put a little in my car. Waited in line for 3 hours. Wife watched Mulan on her phone before we got to the pump. Then I realized why it took so long, gas was just trickling out. Took me literally about 15-20 min to get 15 gallons of gas. Just brutal

Might be coming north to Orlando this weekend so I hope the gas situation is better up there by then

Oh no...I remember after Hurricane Sandy the lines were brutal...we were without power for two weeks! Hope things go better for you!

Does anyone know if the resort pools are open after the hurricane? We are staying at Yacht club starting this weekend and I was wondering if Stormalong Bay will be open yet? thanks

JetBlue has been an absolute disappoint this entire time. First they canceled my Saturday flight (which in retrospect I'm thrilled happened), then they cancel my Wed flight out without even telling me! I called to check on it and was told it was canceled. So now their earliest flight out of Orlando for me is Friday night!

Luckily I thought ahead and got an United flight out for Tuesday afternoon and now I'm typing this post from the comfort of my own bed. :thumbsup2

We'll be there today as well! Using the Waze app and midway through North Carolina right now. Keeping tank full. Good luck! You're almost there!!
Little Orange Bird please update when you get to WDW. We are driving down from Raleigh NC on Friday. I had booked a hotel in Brunswick Ga right off 95 but it is closed due to no power. I was thinking if 95 was so slow going we would be happy for the stop. Now I am worried about the conditions of 95. I hope you have a safe and not too slow trip

Attention: people in Orlando now!

if someone is flying into MCO today and is going to do a supermarket stop during their town car ride to the Swan, which supermarket would they want to go to?

They are looking to buy beer, wine, general groceries and baby stuff (food and diapers).

Earlier in the thread I asked about supermarkets, but this is more specific then my first post on the topic.

TIA! :)

Little Orange Bird please update when you get to WDW. We are driving down from Raleigh NC on Friday. I had booked a hotel in Brunswick Ga right off 95 but it is closed due to no power. I was thinking if 95 was so slow going we would be happy for the stop. Now I am worried about the conditions of 95. I hope you have a safe and not too slow trip

So far, from Jersey to sixty miles outside of Savannah, 95 has been smooth sailing- knock on wood. We're finding plenty of gas and not much traffic. Waze app is indispensable. Will continue to update. Thanks for the good wishes- wishing same for you!:lovestruc

Ready for more gas deliveries down here. Only about 3 stations near me with gas and lines are brutal.

Today had to refuel cans for the generator and put a little in my car. Waited in line for 3 hours. Wife watched Mulan on her phone before we got to the pump. Then I realized why it took so long, gas was just trickling out. Took me literally about 15-20 min to get 15 gallons of gas. Just brutal

Might be coming north to Orlando this weekend so I hope the gas situation is better up there by then

Thank you for the update from the ground. I'm amazed some people planing to drive in appear to not be concerned about the fuel situation in central Florida.

Hi All,

Forgive me if this is a restatement of anything, I know the situation is changing quickly. How is the drive looking to play out to WDW heading south on I95 and coming over via I4? We will be in the area Thursday night or Friday morning.

Specifically:
1) What is gas availability supposed to look like 24-48 hours from now?

2) How are food and supply stocks at Wal-Mart's around WDW? Are they back to normal or should I bring everything with me? I don't want to negatively impact locals if there is a shortage.

3) Are there broken or flooded roads on 95 or 4? I saw the dmg to i4, has that been repaired? If not, is just the one lane closed or all of I4 west bound?

Thank you all for your help. I pray all you locals are safe!

Attention: people in Orlando now!

if someone is flying into MCO today and is going to do a supermarket stop during their town car ride to the Swan, which supermarket would they want to go to?

They are looking to buy beer, wine, general groceries and baby stuff (food and diapers).

Earlier in the thread I asked about supermarkets, but this is more specific then my first post on the topic.

TIA! :)
From MCO take 417 heading towards Disney. The very first exit after going on this road will be Landstar Blvd. Exit there make a left on to Landstar Blvd and you will see a Publix on your right. This is my local supermarket, went there yesterday and they were pretty well stocked on almost everything.
Back on to the 417 to go to Disney is really easy. From the 417 exit to Publix is less than a 5 minute drive. As far as I know tolls are still suspended

Hi All,

Forgive me if this is a restatement of anything, I know the situation is changing quickly. How is the drive looking to play out to WDW heading south on I95 and coming over via I4? We will be in the area Thursday night or Friday morning.

Specifically:

2) How are food and supply stocks at Wal-Mart's around WDW? Are they back to normal or should I bring everything with me? I don't want to negatively impact locals if there is a shortage.

3) Are there broken or flooded roads on 95 or 4? I saw the dmg to i4, has that been repaired? If not, is just the one lane closed or all of I4 west bound?

Thank you all for your help. I pray all you locals are safe!
Grocery stores are fine. Gas has been resupplied several times, and it can still be hit or miss, but it is constantly being brought in to Orlando. There was only the minor damage to I-4 WB at SR 434 north of Orlando. It hasn't been repaired - the on ramp and one WB lane is still closed. There are several off / ramps near Disney that are closed due to flooding. No reports i have seen of any problems via I-95 other than traffic. Gas along the road from Jax to I-4 reported as being good. Additional flooding on Orlando area roads may occur due to the flood stage rise of some waterbodies such as the St. Johns (would affect areas north of Orlando and potential on SR 528 from airport to Port Canaveral). Power is still out to many - expectations are to get most (95%) back online by Sunday night, but no promises. Schools at most C. FL counties are closed until Monday.

Not sure if anyone has tried to claim through Travelex Disney Travel Insurance yet but it's ridiculous for those of us that left ahead of the hurricane! We cut our trip short and despite their being hurricane warnings and a state of emergency, we are not entitled for the difference in costs in our flights because Orlando was not deemed "uninhabitable" after the hurricane. I suppose if your original flight out was cancelled (ours was today and it was on time with SW) you would be ok but I've since looked at other policies and they provide coverage where there is a named hurricane or a hurricane warning! Disney has been great but what a disappointment with the travel insurance - never again will I purchase it!

1 - gas is available at the Speedway stations on WDW property and most stations outside WDW
2 - Walmart (and Publix) are fully stocked

Please let us know how it goes, we are holed in MS trying to get back to the Orlando area, waiting on traffic to clear a bit and gas to be available.

Thanks
We made it from Gainesville to The Poly in about 2 and half hours. 75 was still backed up but the turnpike was clear sailing. The rest stop on the turnpike had gas but a pretty long line. The resort is pretty empty from what I've seen so far. Mostly evacuees and people who are waiting for flights that were rescheduled. I did see a few people coming from the airport but nowhere near as many as normal.

Does anyone know if the resort pools are open after the hurricane? We are staying at Yacht club starting this weekend and I was wondering if Stormalong Bay will be open yet? thanks
Poly' spoils are open, even the Oasis with the giant tree down next to it. They were cutting it up and hauling it away.

For those of you driving down or leaving using I-75 - flooding has raised the Sante Fe River near Gainesville and the levels may necessitate closing both bridges on I-75. This has not yet happened though it seems a good possibility. @FLHSMV and @MYDOT will immediately tweet if it happens. Best detours are:

DJnZ4cIUIAAKuXq.jpg:large

Hi ncmom,

I don't think I've posted in years, but wanted to let you know that we just drove from Raleigh Monday night (we evacuated to a friends house there). The conditions on 95 at the time were just fine. There were trees down along the side of the highway as we got farther south but no blockage. In GA there were numerous exits closed off and every rest area we passed south of SC was closed due to evacuations and/or power outages. I would hope those would be back up and running by Friday. Because of that we didn't stop for gas anywhere in GA but it may be better by the end of the week. You may want to gas up before hitting GA just in case. There were definitely gas shortages at many gas stations on the route though we always found at least one station with gas at the exits we tried even if the lines were a bit long.

We live on the west coast so we took 301 over to 75 once we got to Jacksonville so I don't know the conditions farther south on 95 than that. Hope that info helps though. Sorry if that any of that info is duplicated or outdated from prior posts. I didn't read through all 300+ pages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter