Hurricane and good news!

Lisa loves Pooh

DIS Veteran
Our screen room and pool area is 99% complete. Called our insurance today to have it added to our policy--as it wasn't there before--and with Frances careening towards my house--wanted to be sure. B/c once those watches or warnings go up--everything freezes.

Well it was added "for free"--and covered up to 10% of my house value. YEAH!!!!

I'm sorry--I thought it was going to up our rates--and since it is finished by not signed off with the building inspector.

I never thought I would see Hurricane and good news together. ;) That's great though. I went a couple weeks ago and did an insurance check-up. I was expecting to need more coverage, but I didn't need it, in fact my agent said I had enough and didn't try to sell me more. I was very surprised!

I was just concerned b/c they said to call when construction was completed--and while it is complete, they are finishing up with detail work. Wanted to make sure it was listed and not for afterwards if anything happened for them to say, but you didn't have XYZ.

that is great news.

doesnt look good though right now though with Frances. we live in south fla and if it doenst start taking a more NW turn we are in for one mighty storm on saturday. Im think if it gets to be a larger hurricane more than a 3 we will be evacuating.

Originally posted by Lisa loves Pooh
Our screen room and pool area is 99% complete. Called our insurance today to have it added to our policy--as it wasn't there before--and with Frances careening towards my house--wanted to be sure. B/c once those watches or warnings go up--everything freezes.

Well it was added "for free"--and covered up to 10% of my house value. YEAH!!!!

I'm sorry--I thought it was going to up our rates--and since it is finished by not signed off with the building inspector.

Based upon your post, it's hard to tell if you are properly covered or not. We don't know the value of your house, nor do we know the deductible or the insurance company. Since the building inspector has not signed off, you may not be covered at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter