Hunters Grill or Beavers Tavern?

Belle's World

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

As i'm sure you know by now we will be staying at Sequoia Lodge in June and for our first night i thought it would be nice to eat at the hotel. But which restaurant should we choose? We have Half board plus vouchers which i believe covers both. I think i read Hunters Grill was a buffet and Beavers Tavern was buffet starter and pudding and then choose your main from the menu.

Has anyone been to either and could reccommend them?

Also with breakfast do you get a choice of which reastaurant to go to or do you just get seated and which do you think is best for views/surroundings etc.

Ro:woohoo:

Hi :)

When my fiancé and I stayed at the Sequoia in December we ate at the Beavers Creek Tavern, to be honest we were not impressed at all. The service was slow and poor, it took a very long time for our drinks order to be taken despite several reminders by us. We got our drinks only after we had eaten our main course and were onto desert!

The food was pretty nice though! I had the burger and my fiancé had the chicken, nothing particulary special but nice nonetheless. The buffet food was okay. Obviously the service is such a variable aspect of dining, our server may not even work there anymore and I had read very favourable reviews beforehand. Our protestations to the manager were met with an offer of our half board vouchers back to use again the next day, not much use as we were leaving but a kind offer regardless :)

The hotel is lovely though :thumbsup2

i think you eat breakfast in the larger one
it was too long ago to remember which one
but i know as soon as we finished breakfast we ran straight out the doors & were at the lake in a second , then sprinted the rest of the way EMH

Thanks for your replies, it's a shame you had a bad experience. I was swaying towards Beavers Tavern because of the good reviews on the restaurant thread and also because i really like the food on the menu. Although as you say it was the service and not the food you disliked. Anyone else had a good/bad experience?

Ro

hi, we chose to eat at hunters tavern again on our second trip this year after a good meal on our first trip. We tend to prefer the buffets as in the evening, the children are so tired, that they can then pick at whatever they fancy rather than having a big plateful of something and chips put in front of them!

We also enjoy the atmosphere in the restaurant and the service has always been good as has the food.there is an excellent choice of seafood, salads, meats and pastas and the desserts/cheese and breads/ice creams are a lovely finish to the meal.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter