Huge room or not

Girl Scout Girl

Earning My Ears
Ok what i really want to know is how much time do you normally spend in your rooms i mean if you are only in them for like 6 hours a day to sleep then its not worth it to get a bigger room but i sorta want one but i don't want to spend the money if i don't use it please help :earsboy:

All the staterooms are basically the same size except for the Category 1-3 suites. The difference is if you have no window (inside room), porthole window (oceanview room) or a verandah. :)

Choose your stateroom based on that since all of them are approximately the same amount of living space.

WE WERE ONLY IN OURS TO SLEEP, CHANGE FOR DINNER OR THE POOL. DD WAS THERE SOME WITH FRIENDS BUT SHE DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE ROOM AND DH DID GO BACK A COUPLE OF AFTERNOONS FOR A NAP. WE WERE VERY SATISFIED WITH OUR CAT. 9. BUT NEXT TIME WE ARE GOING FOR THE VERANDA:bounce:

That really depends on what type of person you are. If you really don't think you'll spend time in your room other than to sleep, shower and change clothes then by all means, go for the least expensive room you can. If you enjoy being up on deck all the time, or if you plan on partying into the wee hours of the morning, an inside room would probably be fine. But if you're like me and enjoy your "alone time" each day then you may not be as happy with an inside room. My DH and I cruised on the 1/13/01 Magic to celebrate our 25th anniversary, and we opted for a verandah room and absolutely loved it! We spent time out there each morning to sip "that first cup of coffee of the day." I spent time out there almost every afternoon enjoying a good book and "watching the water go by." And since I'm really not into crowds all that much I enjoyed watching us pull away from port on the privacy of our own verandah, as opposed to being up on deck with the masses. And we enjoyed the verandah each night, to sit out there and hold hands, sip a glass of champagne, and gaze up at the stars, it was heavenly! So, for us, a verandah was very important. We are booked on the 1/18/03 Magic and will have a verandah room again. To us, it's worth the extra money.

I cruised on NCL in Dec with MIL and 4 other relatives. MIL and I shared a stateroom. In the early mornings I was up on the top deck (sundeck) checking on the scenery with my first cup of coffee. At night I was up on the top deck gazing at the dark sky, dark ocean. I was only in the room to shower and sleep. For those with young children who need to nap I can see the reason for the verandah.
This Nov DH, DS and I are booked in a Category 10 on deck 2. I think the split bath will come in useful.

We just got back from a 7-Day on the Magic and we had a Cat 5 Deck 7 cabin with the verandah. It was very nice to be able to have room to move around in the cabin, especially since there was four of us. The verandah was wonderful, especially late at night munching on chicken fingers from room service.

The one thing I had not expected and was suprised by was that there was an additional bed than swung out of the ceiling above the couch (which coverted into a bed). This formed a set of bunk beds that the kids loved. We then pushed the regular beds together and Syndey (our wonderful cabin steward) made them into a king bed. So the sleeping arrangements were just like at home. The cabin also has a curtain between the two areas so they can be seperated :)

Hi,

You'll find that Disney has some of the largest staterooms in the area. Most cruiselines that have staterooms in the $500 range just have twin beds or bunk beds and you would have to pay extra to get a queensize bed. All Disney staterooms offer a queensize bed and the bathrooms and staterooms are very large. The lesser expensive inside staterooms on Disney is from 184sq. ft to 214 square ft.
We are what the maids call 'Room dewellers' and always spend alot of our vacation either at sea or at Disney in our rooms. On DCL we spend a lot of time sitting on the couch and watching tv or looking out the porthole or out on the verandah. We also take naps and spend at least one to two days in our stateroom for luch and order room server a lot during our cruises. Of course, keep in mind that we "have been there, done that" many times with both DCL and WDW, so maybe that's why we can enjoy our rooms as much as everything esle.
Personally, I don't care where I am on the ship as long as I have a porthole and natural light with the oceanview. I sailed twice in the past two months and was on Deck 2 and still spent a lot of time in my stateroom. I would rather save my money and stay on a lower cat. and spend more money on alchol, shopping, buying jewelry and whatever else my heart desires while on vacation.
But, that's just my opinion...

Mmketeer sailing again this fall!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest