HS to Epcot-boat, skyliner, or walk?

JBelle19

Mouseketeer
If we are leaving HS at closing or just before and heading to Epcot for the Deluxe EEH, what is the fastest way to get there? Skyliner, Boat, or walk? If it's walking, how far is the walk, and is it a simple walk or do we change paths? I assume skyliner would be pretty packed at closing time, unless we try to book it out of HS maybe 30 minutes earlier. Would that be early enough to beat the crowds?

Walking if you go briskly. Barring long waits I think the skyliner may be faster than the boat (remember you do have to change lines at Caribbean Beach, but the boat has 3 stops before it gets under way to HS). Last time I tried that route the skyliner was down, so I walked.

Walk up to the Boardwalk and cut through the pool area, then on to Epcot.

Last edited:
It’s slightly over a mile walk, so most people can walk it in 15 to 20 minutes. The boat takes about 25 minutes once it leaves, and they generally leave every 15 minutes. Skyliner also takes about 25 minutes, but runs continuously.

We took the skyliner from HS right after closing on Sunday night and while the line looked long, it moved pretty quickly. I think it's worth taking especially after already having tired feet!

We almost always walk it, it's not a bad walk and I do it in about 20 min (65 year old woman). If I take the boat, I will usually get off at either BW or YC (I can't remember which comes first) and walk the rest of the way. I did the ski liner once just to try it and it took me 30 min. It was mid-afternoon after park hop time but not even near to closing. There was a line at the transfer station at CB which took at least 10 min. so that added to the time. It would be my least favorite way of getting between the two parks just because it was slower, I didn't like having to get off one and go to another area to transfer then there was another stop at Riv. which you don't have to get off on and then it does a slow down turn at another transfer station.

Walk. At park closing, there will likely be a backup for the boat, so you may not even make it on the first boat that comes.

If you're ok with walking, it's definitely the best approach for you. No waiting in line, no waiting through stops for boat passengers, no changing cars for Skyliner.

Thanks y'all. I'll be fine walking, and I'm sure both DDs will as well. DH might grumble, depends on how good of a nap he gets during our resort break that day lol

From DHS, the boat stops at Swan/Dolphin, then Yacht/Beach, and finally Boardwalk before ending at Epcot. Some people get off at Swan/Dolphin, walk across the bridge to the Boardwalk and from there to Epcot. No matter what, it's quicker to walk from DHS to Epcot, cutting through the BWV pool area. Scroll down THIS POST in @Robo's very helpful Maps thread to see a map of the various routes.

We can walk from HS to Boardwalk in about 10-15 minutes. Its a nice walk along the canal. At park close, there can be a long wait for the boat.
From Boardwalk, its under 10 minutes to EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!