HS Summer Extra Magic Hours (morning and fast pass questions)

cinnaminny

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW and I have a few questions about EMH

When I am making my reservations for fast passes, what time I should try to get them started? I am particularly interested in how it will work at Hollywood Studios.

So they open at 7 AM. We plan on being their pretty early, hopefully in line outside by 6:30AM, at the latest. Will there be heavy lines this early inside the park? From what I am reading it seems like there might be. Does 9 AM seem too early for a first fastpass?

This is another weird question; If I have a fast-pass for a ride at 11 AM but I stand in line earlier than that and ride at 10 AM will that use my fastpass somehow. Will it trigger the sensor in my band? Or can I then ride it again with my 11 AM fastpass?

When are you going? The crowd levels at HS will definitely be affected once TSL opens. If you're going shortly after it opens, yes there will be heavy lines outside by 6:30. If you're going before TSL opens, there shouldn't be too large of lines.

I don't think there's really such a thing as 'too early' for a FP, and 2 hours after park opening (1 hour after EMH ends) seems to be okay. Maybe a little early, but definitely not extremely early.

If you ride a ride you have a FP for during your FP window, it will only use your FP if you go through the actual FP line. Your FP will not be used if you use the regular stand by line.

We are going to WDW and I have a few questions about EMH

When I am making my reservations for fast passes, what time I should try to get them started? I am particularly interested in how it will work at Hollywood Studios.

So they open at 7 AM. We plan on being their pretty early, hopefully in line outside by 6:30AM, at the latest. Will there be heavy lines this early inside the park? From what I am reading it seems like there might be. Does 9 AM seem too early for a first fastpass?

This is another weird question; If I have a fast-pass for a ride at 11 AM but I stand in line earlier than that and ride at 10 AM will that use my fastpass somehow. Will it trigger the sensor in my band? Or can I then ride it again with my 11 AM fastpass?

No. There are separate entrances for the two queues.

When are you going? The crowd levels at HS will definitely be affected once TSL opens. If you're going shortly after it opens, yes there will be heavy lines outside by 6:30. If you're going before TSL opens, there shouldn't be too large of lines.

I don't think there's really such a thing as 'too early' for a FP, and 2 hours after park opening (1 hour after EMH ends) seems to be okay. Maybe a little early, but definitely not extremely early.

If you ride a ride you have a FP for during your FP window, it will only use your FP if you go through the actual FP line. Your FP will not be used if you use the regular stand by line.

Thanks!! We will be there after TSL opens so we will for sure get some of the crowds that come with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter