HS Help — When to book first FP if attempting RotR at rope drop

Lalalyn

Mouseketeer
We have a seven day trip planned the first week of February. Current plan is for 2 days at HS. No park hoppers.

We are not early birds. For a 9am opening, we could get there at 7:30.

I have to make my FP tomorrow and I can’t decide when to start my HS FP for the day so we can attempt one of the two SWGE rides in the morning.

First one with a 10:30-11:30 window?

hiroMYhero

I'm satisfied with my care...
First one with a 10:30-11:30 window?
Arriving at 7:30 for the 9a opening should get you through one SWGE ride to get to your FP - with the grace period you have until 11:45.

If you don’t really need 2 Tier 2 FPs, book one for 9:30 and allow it to expire. That way, if you finish early in SWGE you can use the FP if you’d like. If it expires, after you use your remaining 2 FPs, you can then book another Tier 1.

eliseisawkward

Mouseketeer
Arriving at 7:30 for the 9a opening should get you through one SWGE ride to get to your FP - with the grace period you have until 11:45.

If you don’t really need 2 Tier 2 FPs, book one for 9:30 and allow it to expire. That way, if you finish early in SWGE you can use the FP if you’d like. If it expires, after you use your remaining 2 FPs, you can then book another Tier 1.
Have people been reporting missed FP getting “stuck” recently? Would love to schedule a tier 2 while we are actually in SWGE, but I don’t want a situation where we have to go to guest services to fix it later.

hiroMYhero

I'm satisfied with my care...
Have people been reporting missed FP getting “stuck” recently? Would love to schedule a tier 2 while we are actually in SWGE, but I don’t want a situation where we have to go to guest services to fix it later.
I believe those who had a Tier 2 not drop off, Canceled > Rebooked > tapped out and walked away. No recent reports of needing GR assistance.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS