HRH cabana questions for everyone!

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
My girlfriend and I are planning our first stay at HRH for this sept. She just saw a picture of the pool cabanas and has ordered me to find out all I can about them, so can anyone tell me some details about the cababnas, especially, how do you get them, how much do they cost, how hard are they to get, what do they come with, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help (and for possibly saving my relationship!) :D :D :D

Hi TigerLaw,

She ordered you huh:eek: Just teasing. Here is what I know from when I last booked a cabana at Hard Rock. We did this twice.

They offer full day around $50-60 and 1/2 days (3P-10P) $30
The cabana comes with a TV mini fridge stocked with soda and water a bowl of fruit and ceiling fan.

You can order bar drinks or even have a full meal delivered from the Beach Club (we did this it was great). Right in front of your cabana is a mini area with 2 lounge chairs and towels set out.

The had special evenings where they offer a dive-in movie at the pool in the evening so you may want to consider that option also.

They tend to book up quickly especially during busier seasons so be quick to reserve. Call the Fitness Center upon arrival to reserve or you could probably also call Star Services.

Please note....this is what we had when we went things can and often do change so just give the hotel a call and they can fill you in!

Have a great time:)

Are the soda and water in the mini fridge included in the price of the cabana or are they an extra cost?

As an added note... you can also book these in advance, and I would suggest it. Call the hotel direct and ask to be transferred to the Health Club. All they ask for is your Reserv. Conf. #

We have used Cabanas #6 and #9. #9 is our Favorite but if there is a Dive-in Movie then you will have to vacate #9 at 6:00 pm to make way for the movie screen.

We do this every time we stay at HRH and it is the coolest feeling. Just like being a celebrity! And we were quite amused over Labor Day weekend when we spotted and met Robin Zander fm Cheap Trick (he was also visiting with his family) and we had found that while we living the lifestyles of the rich and famous, they were relegated to the pool chairs!

HMMM... think I would have had a word with the staff if I had been him!

Anyway, enjoy!

Missyb1964

1. If we are planning a late sept. trip, how far in advance do we need to call to reserve?

2. If it rains all day, is there a refund policy?

3. Are there any cabanas that are more desireable (for example, I know my girlfriend will want to be in the best tanning location, so are there cabanas that face a better way?)

thanks again for the help!

For tanning, my suggestion would be Cabana 1 or 2, with their west exposure you will get sun almost all day. As far as when to book- I do that right after I confirm our reservation for the hotel, but I'm a detail freak and extremely picky. As for a Refund Policy, you would need to check with the hotel regarding that. I was told this week that you had to cancel at least 4 hours before arrival or you would be charged the entire day's rate.

Hope this helps!

Missyb1964

Missy, why was 9 your favorite cabana? I'm not trying to be nosy, just curious since I'm considering renting one and it would be good to request a certain one. Is there a map that shows the locations of the cabanas? Thanks!

T&B

T&B- Here's a link with a HRH map that shows the locations of the Cabanas http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/hrockmap.html
On the left hand side of the map you'll see black circle #12 - that is the slide- #11 is the volley ball court and the #15 right there is one of the hot tubs - the first cabana (small yellow blocks) is # 10, then 9, etc around the pool counter clockwise (I know, there are 11 yellow blocks, but I know that the last cabana on the left is #10 because that's the one we rented). #13 on the map is a very shallow kiddie pool and that would be a great location if you had very little ones. #4 is the pool bar/restaurant. In the summer #10 was very shady, which is what we wanted - if you are going in the winter, you may want to be further out from under the trees, maybe # 7 on down - as Missyb said, cabanas 1 and 2 would be the best for tanning. We were also told 4 hour cancellation - no deposit was needed last year to hold our reservation (I would also make my reservation as soon as I had a room booked - our lower cabana rate was honored even though the rates had gone up after we reserved- not a guarantee, but they did it in our case).- enjoy!

Bjakmom, thanks for the map! I'm a little confused--looking at the map, #10 cabana is to the right of the slide and then they go clockwise and #1 is next to the hot tub on the left (key # 15 on the map) near the baby pool. Or do I have it backwards?

My explanation has you turned around! From the slide on the left note the black dots that are numbered #12, 11, 15 - the next black dot #16 is to the left of cabana #10 (yellow square)(at about 8 or 9 o'clock thinking clockface) - then they go from 9 down counterclockwise. #10 was closest to that hot tub, the slide and the volleyball court - also close to the speakers, but that kept my DS very happy ;) - loves the music!

You've all peaked my interest. Could anyone direct me to photos of the cabana? Sounds like something I might want to reserve for our June trip. Thanks!

bjakmom, I get it--counterclockwise, not clockwise. That makes sense. My husband might not want to be too close to the speakers. He thinks that he would be relaxing while I chase our 3yo...

We'll be there in mid-April. Any idea if that time of the year I would want the shade for relief from the sun or the sun for the warmth? I would probably go for a 1/2 day afternoon/evening rental.

Thanks, T&B

MDCU - I think this site has the best pics I've seen - one is even a close up of the inside of the cabana http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/hrh.htm

T&B- I think in mid-April the sun in Fla will be pretty strong, especially if you haven't been out in it all winter - I know that if I were chasing a 3 yo I would rent one of the cabanas by the kid's pool (indicated by #13) - I don't believe there were trees around them, so you could sit in front of the cabana for sun with your little one right there in the mini pool - and sit inside if you need the shade - ask the recreation office, but I believe they would probably be # 8 or 7. If they still rent 1/2 days, I think the rental from 3PM till closing was a good time - we spent the mornings in the parks. Let me know what they're quoting their rates as this year when you call- I read a rumor that they may be changing the cabana rentals to full day for $100 with added benefits.

We reserve cabana #10 for our entire stay every July (the sun is brutal). We reserve it for the following year before we leave the hotel. However, the rates are a little higher than quoted. They are $80 for the day and $40 for half day. If you stay on club level, it is $40 for the day. In addition to the water and soda, you also receive a bowl of fruit. They are also scheduled to put in DVD players starting with cabana #10. The television they have in the cabanas get the same channels as you do in your room; which is really nice. They are also upgrading the amenities in each of cabanas, but would not elaborate. I was also told that they were raising the rate to $100 a day ($50 for club level) once the upgrades were in. With regards to refunds - as of last year, if it rained for more than 1 hour, while you were in the cabana, then they refunded you either a half day or whole day depending upon the time of day. That happened to us twice during our stay - it always rains during the month of July, usually just a shower and the sun comes out again. However, twice, it just kept raining so we were refunded a half day's rate. Also, we would watch the weather the night before and if it was calling for rain, we would cancel it before the health club closed that night. If you wake up and it is raining on and off, they say "no" because it is still serviceable - you will see lots of people in the pool if it raining lightly. During one of our stays, we didn't cancel it the night before because we got in too late and we woke up the next morning, it was raining - not pouring, just raining steadily. We stayed in our room and had breakfast and by 11am it was still raining steadily. We called down to say we had been waiting for the weather to clear and it looks like it isn't moving through and we would like to cancel - they were so accomodating and said "no problem".

Hope this helps or did it just confuse you more?

PDG:confused: :rolleyes:

PDG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter