• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How's the theater at Disney Springs?

JennyMP03

DIS Veteran
We're leaving early in the morning on May 4th (a roughly 7-8 drive) and were hoping to see Avengers: Infinity War at the AMC at DS that evening.

Now I'm not expecting anything gourmet at such an establishment. In fact, we don't even have to eat there at all, though the novelty of doing so is somewhat appealing. The more pressing concern is that we are major comic nerds and this movie is important to us. As long as the screen/seating is decent, we'd be happy. The food is no big deal, and I'd honestly rather eat elsewhere in DS anyway.

I went on google and read some just awful reviews of the theater. One complaint is that the seating isn't stadium-style and people couldn't see the screen. I'd love to hear what you all think about the DS theater. Is it really that bad?

The theatre is very nice. And plenty of food options if you did want to eat in there

I saw Coco at AMC in DS over Thanksgiving. We enjoyed the theater. Matinee prices are very good. I’ve heard the fork and screen part is subpar. Grab something to eat elsewhere and enjoy your movie!

We've done both the regular AMC and the dining AMC at DS and much prefer the regular one. The food at the dining one isn't very good, nor was the seating. The regular AMC option is pretty much just like any other AMC theater, bonus, though, for being able to reserve your seats when you buy your tickets!! We saw Force Awakens and Last Jedi there and I purchased about a month in advance. We had seats smack dab in the middle of the theater.

Its nice,a bit expensive tho.. Or more expensive then I am use to in my hometown but worth it to do every once in awhile

Since we live nearby we've been to this theater frequently. We usually pick the dine-in side and have been very happy with the menu offerings. It does indeed have stadium type seating and all seats in the dine-in side are reserved so you know exactly where you'll be sitting.

Thanks guys! Especially for the reassurances regarding stadium seating. I found that an especially bizarre complaint when reading reviews. I haven't been in a theater with seats all one level since I was a very little girl and couldn't imagine why Disney would have such an outdated model. Glad to hear that was incorrect information.

I'll definitely book my tickets for that night just as far ahead as they'll let me. Looking forward to it-- thanks again!

Thanks guys! Especially for the reassurances regarding stadium seating. I found that an especially bizarre complaint when reading reviews. I haven't been in a theater with seats all one level since I was a very little girl and couldn't imagine why Disney would have such an outdated model. Glad to hear that was incorrect information.

I'll definitely book my tickets for that night just as far ahead as they'll let me. Looking forward to it-- thanks again!

I would highly recommend Disney Springs AMC's new Dolby Cinema theater (I believe it's Theater #1). We saw The Last Jedi there: the picture, and especially the sound, were phenomenal. The seats are plush, divided into twos so that you can raise the armrest between couples, and they have individual recline controls with leg rests. I believe each seat also has its own subwoofer so you can feel every hit and explosion.

If you choose another auditorium, I would recommend staying away from the upper (3rd) tier (which would be the furthest section away from the screen on their seating page) because you're looking down at the screen, especially the front row of the 3rd tier. I'm 5'5" and when sitting back, the barrier in front would obstruct the bottom part of the screen.

Last edited:
Do they have the recliners? And reserved seating?

I can deal with non-reclining seats, but I went to see The Greatest Showman with my parents over Christmas break in TN in a theater without reserved seats and it was just weird now that I'm used to it (ALL the AMCs in NYC have reserved seating. Which is EXTRA nice for movies you know are going to be sold out.)

Do they have the recliners? And reserved seating?

I can deal with non-reclining seats, but I went to see The Greatest Showman with my parents over Christmas break in TN in a theater without reserved seats and it was just weird now that I'm used to it (ALL the AMCs in NYC have reserved seating. Which is EXTRA nice for movies you know are going to be sold out.)
Reserved in all seating yes. Recliners in all no. Not the really nice ones like I'm thinking of. They are nicer than standard old seats.

I would highly recommend Disney Springs AMC's new Dolby Atmos theater (I believe it's Theater #1). We saw The Last Jedi there: the picture, and especially the sound, were phenomenal. The seats are plush, divided into twos so that you can raise the armrest between couples, and they have individual recline controls with leg rests. I believe each seat also has its own subwoofer so you can feel every hit and explosion.

If you choose another auditorium, I would recommend staying away from the upper (3rd) tier (which would be the furthest section away from the screen on their seating page) because you're looking down at the screen, especially the front row of the 3rd tier. I'm 5'5" and when sitting back, the barrier in front would obstruct the bottom part of the screen.
And don't sit in the first 2 rows at the dine in side

I would highly recommend Disney Springs AMC's new Dolby Cinema theater (I believe it's Theater #1). We saw The Last Jedi there: the picture, and especially the sound, were phenomenal. The seats are plush, divided into twos so that you can raise the armrest between couples, and they have individual recline controls with leg rests. I believe each seat also has its own subwoofer so you can feel every hit and explosion.

Awesome tips! Definitely going to try to get that Dolby auditorium. Sounds like it'd be perfect for a Marvel movie.

I was just there yesterday and wasn't impressed with the seating. I could see fine but the seat didn't lean back far at all and the seat part doesn't flip up so when someone tries to squeeze past you, there's no where for you to move to and my feet got stepped on at least once. This was a standard theater. I have been to the dine in side too and prefer the seating there. No the food isn't gourmet but it's standard and you don't even need to order food.

We went to see The Last Jedi at the dine-in there yesterday. We've enjoyed the dine-in experience for several movies at this theater and yesterday was also enjoyable. We thought the food is better than expected (we had low expectations initially), certainly edible but nothing to go out of your way about. We just enjoy the whole dine and movie experience.

We tend to book seats in the center section near the back of the theater. I'm sure the seats are great further down as well but I wouldn't sit in one too close to the screen. In addition to having to look up a lot you would also be doing a lot of head swiveling to catch the action across the whole screen.

We went to see The Last Jedi at the dine-in there yesterday. We've enjoyed the dine-in experience for several movies at this theater and yesterday was also enjoyable. We thought the food is better than expected (we had low expectations initially), certainly edible but nothing to go out of your way about. We just enjoy the whole dine and movie experience.

We tend to book seats in the center section near the back of the theater. I'm sure the seats are great further down as well but I wouldn't sit in one too close to the screen. In addition to having to look up a lot you would also be doing a lot of head swiveling to catch the action across the whole screen.
Don't bother going if you have to set in the first 2 rows at the Dine in side. We did one trip, DH was determined to see Deadpool there so we took the seats in row 2 despite the warnings from the girl in the ticket office. It was horrible. I just quit watching the movie totally and fell asleep (watched the movie later). It's straight up

I would think that seeing a movie in their Dolby atmos/ vision room would be awesome. There are only a bunch in the country. Dolby atmos has added a whole new level to audio. Literally. We don’t have a Dolby theatre around us. Closest is nyc. I do want to see something there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter