How's the Grosvenor

jsmla

DIS Veteran
We're squeezing in a quickie Memorial Day trip and I was able to get this hotel at $55/night through the entertainment guide. Just a few questions:
1. Is the facility okay? We're just looking for clean and basic.
2. Can you walk to Downtown Disney? I have a video game addict.
3. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks!

Hi - We stayed at the Groevsnor in June. The Lobby is very nice. We were not in the tower section and I'm assuming you will not be as well. We got our price with the Ent. Card as well. We were in a section that is two stories facing the parking lot. The room was clean. Each room has a small refrigerator in it. Very nice to have. The room is your average hotel room. Not that large. We had two double beds. We ate breakfast the the character breakfast with was a joke. The food was good but the characters take too long to come out. We only saw two characters. I remember a video area but my kids are small so did not notice it much.

You can walk right across the street to Downtown Disney. This was great. We love this.

The bus service is ok. When they pick you up in the morning you head to the parks. (Last pick up is at the Groevsnor). Howevery, coming back in the evening/night you are the last to be left off which was not that good for us since our kids would fall asleep.

I hope this helps.

For the money, it's a decent place to stay. I don't know what your comparing it to. I got the same rate and stayed in the parking lot view like the above poster. I was pleased with the hotel for the one night we stayed there. We enjoyed walking to DownTown Disney. FYI, your directly across from the Marketplace. The room was a very basic hotel room. I just didn't like the layout of the hotel. To me, they make the entrance look so grand and as soon as you leave the lobby you discover it's really a "motel" not a hotel. We didn't eat in the hotel, so I can't comment on the food. We did stop at the snack shop which was open late and was nice for a quick snack and is in the perfect spot, right off the lobby as soon as you walk in.

Oh, the room safe needs a key (not electronic like other hotels). You need to rent the key for about $2 per day. The front desk did not inform us of this until after we hiked all the way to our room to discover we had to hike all the back down to the lobby and get the key. Shows you the service at check-in!

All in all, if you just need a place to SLEEP, its perfect. It's not what I'd consider a vacation resort like a wdw property where I'd go for a week and lounge by the pool. That's just my opinion.

Thanks for the replies. One more ?: Are the guests at the Grosvenor able to purchase E-Ride tickets? I know they're available at the Wyndham. Thanks again!

To Jsmla -

I see you are from Baton Rouge - I'm from Chalmette which is a suburb of New Orleans.

We did not purchase the e tickets but I recall that you can do that. We did the early entry in June.

Also, I see you stayed at the Wyndham. Can you tell me about that. We will be staying in 3 weeks at the Wyndham Palace which is just next to the Grovesnor. How was the bus service?

The Wyndham Palace is our favorite off-site hotel but we can only afford it on a Priceline bid. Join Wyndham By Request and ask for a high level floor with a Disney view. They will accomodate you if they can. It is an easy walk to DTD and the WDW transportation there. Although it will not run early enough to get you to opening it is a nice option in the evenings.
We didn't use their bus service because it wasn't as frequent as that to DTD. We usually drove in the mornings and took the Disney busses using the DTD stop in the evenings. If I remember correctly, on the Hotel Plaza busses the Wyndham is the first stop to pick up in the morning so you have quite a ride before getting to the parks. On the flip side I believe it is also the first stop on the return trip. If you go out in the evening I would recommend the Disney transportation. Hope this helps!

Oh, I grew up on the North Shore so we're practically kin!

Jennifer -

Thanks! I did join the Wyndham by Request. I put the my profile in the comment section that I would like a view with the fireworks.

Kriste

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter