How's the espresso on the Dream/Fantasy?

KingSpeedy

Mouseketeer
Before saying anything, I'll admit I've been spoiled by several trips to Italy, a few pretty decent local coffee shops, and a wonderful espresso machine and grinder at home. I've been called a snob when it comes to drinks made from that little bean, but I've simply never really cared for drip coffee or the Starbucks style of coffee drinks (if a place has cappuccinos in small/medium/large I probably won't get anything).

That said, how're the espresso drinks on the new ships? Are the cafes simply the equivalent of a mobile Starbucks, or are the baristas actively involved in the shot-pulling process? Absolutely nothing beats a hand-made cappuccino in the morning, and I'm looking forward to starting my days on the Fantasy looking out over the Caribbean with one in hand. :)

it is far better than in the parks, i would say better then a “mobile starbucks” but i would guess a disappointment in comparison to italy?

hth

I'm not an espresso aficionado, but I do appreciate a good cup of joe. ;) I found the cappuccino on the Dream to be above average. You can get it at Cabanas as well as Cove Cafe. If you really want to appreciate the quality, try a cup of the Nescafe first. The cappuccino will taste that much better!

My DH is also a beverage snob. He said that the Vista cafe was pretty good, but not as good as a good espresso in Italy. He thought the CM seemed to know what they were doing and they were consistant.

At the Cove Cafe he said that the espresso was disappointing but better than Cabana's were he said it was passable, but a bit watery.

You can get a coffee card to save a little money. The espresso's are a bit pricey, about $4.50 after tip.

Just got off the Dream and I didn't care for the espresso drinks - tasted like the regular coffee to me (which was yucky) only a little stronger. The beans they use look like regular beans rather than espresso beans. I have never been so happy to drink 7-11 coffee as I was after the cruise. Coffee on this cruise was really awful. Next time I am going to bring my own ground coffee and a French Press. They have hot water available at the drink stations, and even though it might be annoying to clean it, it is worth it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter