How's my VIP tour plan?

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
This is my tentative plan for our VIP tour day. Let me know what you think. Most people on this trip have never been to Disneyland or been 30+ years and only one day in the parks. Wednesday in June.

Starting at 8am park. Do Pirates, HM, and splash. Since those lines shouldn't be terribly long in the morning. Maybe one or two more rides before we grab lunch and head over to DCA.
Meet guide @ 11:30.
GOTG, RSR, mater, luigi, TSMM, Grizzly, Soarin.
Of course doing doubles as people want.
Hop to Disneyland.
Indiana Jones, maybe Jungle Cruise. Then train around to Space, Star Tours Big Thunder.
Guessing it will be close to 5:30 when our tour ends and have them dump us off at our parade spot.
Dinner
Reserved Seating for fireworks and Fantasmic with rides between dinner and shows.

If you don't get MaxPass, this sounds about right, if you get MaxPass, you can probably squeeze a few more things in. I would say with Maxpass, you should most likely be able to do the following:
  • Get your pass scanned into the park, immediately pull a FP for Indy
  • Go to Indy to use your FP, by the time you walk back there, it should be within your window, keep in mind you can get your next fastpass either at the time that was indicated OR after your first scan your tickets when returning, which ever is first. So immediately after you first scanned your tickets at Indy, pull a FP for Pirates (if the rumors are true that it is getting FP, otherwise a FP for Mansion)
  • After scanning your ticket at the first machine, pull a FP for Haunted Mansion (Splash if the rumors are false about Pirates getting FP)
  • Return to Haunted Mansion, get a Splash Fastpass, again after first scanning your ticket at the first set of scanners
  • Ride Splash Mountain, as soon as you first scan your tickets get a FP for Big Thunder
  • Go to Big Thunder, as soon as you scan your tickets, get a FP for either RSR or GOTG
  • It should now be about 11:30 A.M. Meet your guide, although if you have Maxpass, I don't really see the need for a VIP tour guide (yes, Maxpass can help you get on all of the rides above by 11:30, assuming you start at 8:00 AM). Bonus tip: If they are doing rope drop and you can get into the park before 8 AM, you can book your first fastpass with Maxpass as soon as your ticket is scanned into the park, this can be before the park opens, the return time won't be until after the park opens of course.
  • Have Lunch, then head over to DCA or have lunch at DCA
  • Ride RSR/GOTG whichever you got the FP for, then get a FP for the other
  • Ride some of the non FP attractions, as you will most likely have to wait an hour and half before booking another FP as you will probably have to wait a few hours before your return window opens. Once your booking window opens, get a FP for Soarin
  • Return to Soarin, get a FP for Grizzly
  • Return to Grizzly, get a FP for TSMM
  • Ride Voyages of the Little Mermaid
  • It should now be time for TSMM, ride it and get a FP for Goofy's Sky School if you want to do it, otherwise get Star Tours
  • Ride Goofy's Sky School if you got that and then get a FP for Star Tours
  • It should now be about 5:30, have dinner
  • Ride Star Tours, get a FP for Buzz
  • Ride Buzz, get a FP for Space Mountain
  • Go see fireworks and Fantasmic!
  • Get a FP for Matterhorn
  • Ride Matterhorn, get FP for small world
  • Ride small world
  • Get last FP of the night of your choice
  • Ride that attraction
  • Ride space
  • Go home/to the hotel and collapse into the best night's sleep you have had in a long time.

Now this would be my plan without the VIP tour guide, with the VIP tour guide you should be able to do even more attractions, as I believe they are supposed to get you in the FP/Alternate Entrances where available.

Also, this does miss Roger Rabbit's cartoon spin and many Disneyland attractions that don't have FP, but it does give you a good list. I move slow and I have been able to do all of the above in a day (the trick for me is being able to say the entire day like this....lol)

You’ll be able to fit in more with a guide. Email the guide your basic wants for the group and then just let them take over. For me, being pretty well versed in fast pass and the ride in general, what I DID find so nice about the tour was just not having to worry about planning, I got to enjoy touring more, I guess. With the said, there WERE some disappointments, and while I ultimately didn’t find it to be a good value for our family, it sounds like your group is the perfect demographic for it. Enjoy!!

One suggestion is choose either WOC or Fantasmic for your nighttime VIP seating. While the fireworks are more ideal, the risk of cancellation is always there. It was one of my most looked forward to things when I purchased the tour...the seating for the fireworks! And....they were cancelled at the last minute. :( obviously not devastation, but definitely disappointment which I didn’t want to end the day feeling. If I did it again, I’d choose a safer bet option.

If your focus is the west side of the park and you plan to get at the park by rope drop.
Keep in mind that this side of the park doesn't start to get busy until around 10am.
Also, remember that you have a 15-minute extension window to use your FPs

Without MaxPass
8am-830am: As the previous response said get FP for Indiana Jones first (return time should be 830am-930am). Then I would head to Big Thunder Mountain and use Stand By.
830am-9am: Grab FP for Pirates (could be busy due to the new scene). Ride the Haunted Mansion Stand By (FP machine for Pirates could be near Mansion FP).
9am-930am: ride Winnie the Pooh, ride Splash Mountain
930am-10am: Use FP for Indy
10am-1030am: Use FP for Pirates
1030am: Take the train from New Orleans Square and exit at Main Street Station, then head to DCA.

With MaxPass
8am-830am: As the previous response said use MP to get FP for Indiana Jones first (return time should be 830am-930am). Then I would head to Big Thunder Mountain and use Stand By.
830am-9am: Use MP and get FP for Pirates, then ride Jungle Cruise, use FP and ride Indy, use MP and get FP for Mansion.
9am-930am: use FP for Pirates, use MP and grab FP for Splash Mountain.
930am-10am: Use FP for Mansion, ride Winnie the Pooh.
10am-1030am: use FP for Splash
1030am: Take the train from New Orleans Square and exit at Main Street Station, then head to DCA.

A big benefit of having MP is while you are on the VIP Tour you can start to collect FP for when the tour is over.

My recommendation above will complete the majority of the west side of the park. This way you can focus more on the Fantasyland and Tomorrowland side with the guide.

The attractions I wouldn't do with the guide is It's a Small World (has FP and it lasts all day), Autopia, Astroblasters (has FP and lasts all day), Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin (has FP and it lasts all day), or Finding Nemo Submarines (unless its the last thing you do with them).

Things I would make sure to do with the guide are the Fantasyland attractions and character meet and greets (if you can skip the line).

ME

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter