Howard Johnson vs. Candy Cane Inn - help me choose!

image.jpeg image.jpg
Fireworks view from hojo in the exact same room type you have booked. Photos don't do it justice!

I've stayed at both hojo and CCI and while they are both older properties, we really enjoyed both. Both are really well maintained and the grounds are beautiful. Our favorite right now is hojo. We feel that it is a bit quieter considering it is a hotel instead of a motel. It seems that so much noise comes from the parking lots at the motels. Breakfast is not a big deal to us as w me usually grab something light in the room then hit rope drop. Later we I'll get something more substantial to eat. I also like that hojo you can get reward points using Wyndham. We have gotten three nights free so far. :)

View attachment 187862 View attachment 187863
Fireworks view from hojo in the exact same room type you have booked. Photos don't do it justice!

I've stayed at both hojo and CCI and while they are both older properties, we really enjoyed both. Both are really well maintained and the grounds are beautiful. Our favorite right now is hojo. We feel that it is a bit quieter considering it is a hotel instead of a motel. It seems that so much noise comes from the parking lots at the motels. Breakfast is not a big deal to us as w me usually grab something light in the room then hit rope drop. Later we I'll get something more substantial to eat. I also like that hojo you can get reward points using Wyndham. We have gotten three nights free so far. :)
Thank you for the pic! I was planning to bring our own food for breakfast and grab lunch/dinner in the park or DTD/Garden Walk, so the continental breakfast wasn't a deal breaker. I'm just thinking my kids will be more excited for the themed pool at HOJO and being able to see the fireworks from the comfort of our own balcony instead of being stuck in the park with the crowd (if we choose to, that is).

We have stayed at HOJO's and love the water area there. But even at the short distance, the walk is loooong at the end of the night when tired. There is an art stop and we did use that to ease tired feet and the cost is not too bad for a multi-day pass. I keep wanting to stay at the CCI, because of the dedicated (free ) shuttle they provide along with the breakfast. Also, CCI did allow some friends who stayed there to leave their car early and use the shuttle on check in day. They were also allowed to leave the car late and use their shuttle on check out day. After staying at the crosswalk hotels and finding that a terrific distance, those are our fist choice these days, especially since they come with breakfast.

Thank you for the pic! I was planning to bring our own food for breakfast and grab lunch/dinner in the park or DTD/Garden Walk, so the continental breakfast wasn't a deal breaker. I'm just thinking my kids will be more excited for the themed pool at HOJO and being able to see the fireworks from the comfort of our own balcony instead of being stuck in the park with the crowd (if we choose to, that is).

How old are your kids? Mine are 6 & 8 and loved the waterpark area! They also LOVED seeing the fireworks from the room, we could also hear part of the music for the fireworks, which was an added surprise! DS6 was super excited because he could hop in bed right after the fireworks, he gets really tired by that time at night. The room was really spacious, tons of room for the four of us, and we really liked that there was a sink and mirror outside of the bathroom, which made getting ready quicker in the mornings. All of us didn't think the walk to the parks was bad at all, even after walking all day in the parks. We typically average about 12-13 miles a day in the parks.

We love staying at Hojo's. My kids love the water park area they have there. I love the beds, the keurig coffee makers, interior corridors and the free parking! I haven't used the ART stop but I believe its right outside the hotel.

We stayed at CCI two years ago. The rooms were small and a bit outdated, but albeit spotless. The grounds were beautiful--they do a great job with landscaping. The staff was amazing, friendly, and helpful, and we really enjoyed the buffet. You just have to get there super early or all the good stuff is gone. The bus service is great, but half the time we just walked--DL is super close, so the walk was never bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter