How will DCL announce new 2016/17 itineraries? Advance notice?

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I am anxiously awaiting new schedule like my fellow diser's:-)

How have they announced in the past?

Do they give days/weeks notice with itineraries to plan look etc
Or do they just announce and then you can book immediately?
Thanks
Kerri

They usually give one or two days notice and then Platinum and Gold can book by phone a day earlier than Silver and first time cruisers the next day online or by phone. If you're a returning cruiser you will get an email, other than that just keep watching the boards.

They usually give one or two days notice and then Platinum and Gold can book by phone a day earlier than Silver and first time cruisers the next day online or by phone. If you're a returning cruiser you will get an email, other than that just keep watching the boards.
Thanks. I am a returning cruiser but not sure if my email was attached to that cruise. However I am booked on the Fantasy next year. Will that ensure an email to me.
However these boards tend to have information at lightening speed...Prob before I get an email:-)
Kerri

Emails are hit or miss. I'm platinum and have never received an email from DCL announcing new itineraries. I have received emails from TAs I've used letting me know when the new itineraries were coming out. Usually though, I just find out from here or more recently in past few years Facebook.

DCL sends us a e-mail one day describing their wonderful offerings and some sailing dates and NO PRICING!!
the next day we spend 3 hours on the phone trying to make a ressie for a cruise we think we want

They really like people like us ... well not exactly like us - we usually only book one cruise at a time - so we are not actively driving the prices up for everyone else (those that book 3, 4 5 or more cruises on day one, then decide which one to keep ... later, much later)

The e-mails and early booking are for new routes. I remember last year that the routes that were not new just showed up and Dis folks were kind enough to share.

The e-mails and early booking are for new routes. I remember last year that the routes that were not new just showed up and Dis folks were kind enough to share.

DCL only did the secret release for the 2012 end of year cruises on the Dream & Fantasy. Those just started showing up in early 2011. The list of release dates is linked in my signature. DCL seemed to listen to the complaints they received when they didn't give everyone the heads up and has done the advanced booking for platinum and gold since.

I spoke to reservations about this, and they said to check the DCL website. THey also suggested "liking" DCL on Facebook, since there will be an announcement about the summer itineraries on FB.

But I have to say, any useful knowledge about booking has come from this message board, so I just check this every day.

I spoke to reservations about this, and they said to check the DCL website. THey also suggested "liking" DCL on Facebook, since there will be an announcement about the summer itineraries on FB.

But I have to say, any useful knowledge about booking has come from this message board, so I just check this every day.
I'm probably the only person em that dosent have Facebook.
Stalking these boards for the new itineraries :-)
Thanks
Kerri

I don't have Facebook either but I was just on the DCL site and it is down for maintenance this morning. That could mean they are uploading stuff getting ready for announcements!!! Or, I could just be wishful thinking.

MJ

Some were speculating March 23rd and I hope that is still true! Celebrity Cruise has a really good itinerary and price for Europe but I want DCL :( I really wish they would release soon. How many days notice do they usually give before actually releasing? It's now Friday so I'm losing hope for Monday

Yep, looks like announcement will be next week. From their FB page an hour ago (surprised there isn't a thread about it but I'm sure someone else already posted this somewhere):

We’re making waves with some exciting news coming next week – stay tuned to learn where we’ll be headed in Summer 2016!

Thanks!!
About time saw a great itinerary on regal princess I think.... Been looking at a few.... Hoping DCL does Norway and an itin with st Petersburg as well( same cruise):-)
Kerri

Facebook just posted 2 hours ago that an announcement will come out next week...so stay tuned....

"We’re making waves with some exciting news coming next week – stay tuned to learn where we’ll be headed in Summer 2016!"

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter