• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How weird is this? Welcome packet

sharonk

Mouseketeer
This is really bizarre! We just received a WDW welcome packet for a trip we're not even taking!

It's a purple packet that says "The Magic is Just beginning" on the outside. Inside, it says "Welcome XXXXX family (with our last name) and it says 'Based upon what you told us when you made your reservation...." and goes on to talk about our upcoming stay at the Contemporary in June!

We visited LAST June and stayed at the GF and then again last week and stayed at the Dolphin. Why do they think I'm staying at the CR in June?

Also, it was addressed to my 6-year old son!

SharonK

I would have never thought about that. I would call Disney..tell them you don't want to ruin your hubby's joy by letting him know you know..you think you know anyway LOL. Then you'll know either way and you won't be disappointed if it really was an error, and he won't know you now know.

This happened to me once. I was just shopping around for Disney prices and then one day we got park hopper tickets in the mail. I was freaking out!:eek: I thought I had somehow accidentally ordered tickets and that DH was going to kill me! I was actually going to call and complain, but then I decided I would just fess up to DH about what I did...or what I thought I did. Good thing I didn't call to cancel these tickets. Turned out that DH planned a surprise getaway. Best surprise I've gotten in a long time. :D

It has to be a surprize! Yeah! I sure do love surprizes! My husband (boyfriend) at the time surprized me with a trip to Aruba. Ahhhh, those were the days.
Pixie dust coming your way!
Tara

Major bummer! IT's not a surprise...but a huge mistake. Good thing for some other family that I called!

They did have a reservation in my son's name with a sizeable deposit applied. It was made by a travel agency (the same one we used to make our reservations last June) and Disney thinks they booked the reservation in the wrong name!

Anyway, it's a good thing I called....I hate to think what might have happened if those poor people who really did put down the deposit went searching for their reservation and couldn't find it because it was under my son's name.

Now I'll be anxious to check my credit card and see if the deposit was charged to my credit card too. The travel agency DID have my credit card # from our last trip.

Sharon

Well I'm glad you solved the mystery but sorry it wasn't a nicer surprise for you! Never stop dreamin' for those surprises!!;)

I got 2 of those same Disney "welcome " folders in the mail last week. They were welcoming my family to the Poly:confused: . We have ressies at AKL, I plan on calling to double check/confirm our ressies, but Im not really too worried that there has been a mistake as I have confirmed these ressies a few times already :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter