How to watch fireworks and avoid drunks

disneyfamiof4

Mouseketeer
How can we watch the Epcot fireworks without being surrounded by drunks? Especially on the ride back to the resort. I really don’t want to be stuck on the Skyliner or bus with someone who is plastered. We rode the Skyliner tonight, with several very intoxicated people(we left just before fireworks) and when we got off had to veer ourselves and children away from stepping in someone’s tossed cookies😐not sure it was the same people as we didn’t ride with them on the second leg of our journey. We wanted to stay for fireworks tomorrow, but I’m really not sure.

Uber or Lyft back to the hotel... this is the only way to be absolutely sure

I will say that we have had to deal with some people who were wasted out of their mind, on the buses a few times.... and it is not fun...there was this couple... the woman could not put a complete sentence together and swaying back and forth, and the man was slurring his words, and the worst thing was that they had 3 kiddos under 10 with them, and the oldest kid was having to watch the younger ones... my DH helped him get the stroller off it was one of those big double ones and opened it up for the poor kid... the parents basically were staggering around and wandering off without them... the bus driver got off said security will be here in a second, they pulled up, and took over... We saw them at the pool the next day... and they both looked really hungover....

We have drinks when we go and enjoy them...

I think just some basic respect for other families and your own family should be the way to go...

I think you were unlucky last night. I would just try again tonight. We’ve never encountered drunks on the bus, or at Epcot, and we go on New Years Eve.

If you’re in line for the skyliner tonight just look at the people in front of you or behind you. They are your potential seat mates on the skyliner. Maybe let some people go ahead of you, if you notice someone that might potentially be drunk.

Good luck! :goodvibes

Hmm. Sorry you had a bad experience. We've never seen anything like that. We love watching the fireworks at Epcot, and it's one of the reasons that we stay at the Epcot area resorts. We love being able to walk back afterwards. If it were me, I wouldn't let a bad experience stop me from seeing a show that I wanted to see.

I think you were unlucky last night. I would just try again tonight. We’ve never encountered drunks on the bus, or at Epcot, and we go on New Years Eve.

If you’re in line for the skyliner tonight just look at the people in front of you or behind you. They are your potential seat mates on the skyliner. Maybe let some people go ahead of you, if you notice someone that might potentially be drunk.

Good luck! :goodvibes
Same with us over the last 3 Summers. We have not had to deal with any drunks on any busses or at any of the fireworks displays. I can see it being more of a problem at Epcot but we haven't seen it.

You can try and ask the CMs loading everyone in if you and your family can be placed alone but that's really the only way unless you Uber or take a Mini-Van back to the hotel. Or you could take some time after the fireworks and wait until there's less people around.

Leave before the fireworks are over and get a headstart, or wait until everyone leaves and then go.

An Uber would definitely be worth it.
We have experienced drunks on the late bus from Epcot. A woman was so drunk she fell in a man's lap and he had a hard time getting her off him.
If we find ourselves needing to get from Epcot to our resort late at night, we Uber or Lyft. I hate crowded buses at the close of a park.

We had serious drunks at Epcot on our last night in November. Even had a state fair fist fight break out in front of my family as we tried to get from Test Track to the Skyliner. Swearing and swinging. Families trying to separate the two males involved and they'd scramble to get back at each other. We skirted around the edge of it.

This I reported and while I was apologized to and my complaint would be reviewed, I saw little more after that. I did receive an email once we were home to confirm what I had see and reported. Nothing since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts