How to Surprise at Christmas? Scavenger Hunt?

kayladan04

Mouseketeer
My mom is wanting to surprise my 18 y/o sister at Christmas with a Disney cruise. How can we do this creatively? I was thinking some kind of scavenger hunt? Does anyone have any cute cruise related hints? My sister thinks she is getting a puppy so my mom bought her a stuffed dog and we thought of putting a luggage tag around it's neck.

Well, I bought (and am waiting for...that's another story)this:

It says "SAILING WITH MICKEY 02/03/2011".

It's going to be wrapped up inside of my son's new Woody suitcase, which will be wrapped up inside of my daughter's new suitcase, which will be wrapped up inside of a gigantic box.

The Mickey originally was supposed to say "SAILING ON DISNEY DREAM 02/03/2011" but apparently you're not allowed to have DISNEY or DREAM put on it due to legal reasons. Even though it doesn't say it on the website, or when you're checking out. :rolleyes: And it was supposed to be here TODAY but when I realized this morning the item had not been shipped yet, I called them and asked what was going on...and they said it was on hold due to my wording on the personalization. Um, why didn't you email or call me a few days ago? I tried changing it to "SAILING ON A DREAM CRUISE 02/03/2011" but because it's the Disney Dream, I can't have DREAM on it anywhere.

Sooooo needless to say, I'll be pretty irritated if it's not here TOMORROW.

I did something similar for my wife's birthday a couple of years ago. Everyone in the family had a card with clue in it. I gave her my card first which led her to the hiding spot for the next card and clue, which led her to the next, and the next, and eventually to the gift in the garage, her new Yukon. The clues all rhymed and were kind of vague so she had to figure them out ("past two round windows, one wet one dry, the next clue on your quest must surely lie." which sent her through the laundry room past the washer and dryer to the garage). It was so much fun we did it for our son's birthday too.

If it's the DREAM they will be going on, a bottle of water with a rubber duck tied to it, is a good Dream Cruise related gimmick to give. (AquaDuck) :thumbsup2
For my mom, I'm also giving her a really nice picture of a beach with Palm trees (we're doing a scavenger hunt and this photo will be in one of the envelopes) :)

We had a banner made (Vistaprint) and cut it up into 20 puzzle pieces. We wrapped them all individually and will give each of the kids (2 girls) 10 each. We have mixed them all up under the tree and they will have to work together to put the puzzle together that says:

Merry Christmas Summer and Fallon!!!

You're going on a Disney Cruise!!!

May 19th through May 26th, 2011

I just LOVE surprising the kids!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter