How to Spend Six Park Days?

MamaBelleRN

Mouseketeer
We are going back to WDW in December for the first time since 2015. We will be there nine nights and plan to do six park days. We’re a group of 13 (five kids and eight adults) and plan to do six park days with two break days (we arrive late our first day so that’s a wash).

My original thought was:
MK x3
EP, HS, AK x1

Now I’m thinking:
MK x2
HS x2
EP x1
AK x1

For those who have been more recently, how would you break up six non-park hopper tickets?

TIA for your help :flower1:

Concur with the 2 days at HS. That is what we will be doing with our 6 days in April. MK x2, HS x2, AK x1, Epcot x1

What are the ages of the kids and what are their interests?

You'll want one day at MK that is a party night and one that is not, but know that the non-party day will be very crowded and you won't get as much done on that day. Your party night day will end at 6:00, so you might want to schedule a fun dinner somewhere on that day. Perhaps something over in the Wilderness Lodge area so you can see the Christmas decorations at the campground or enjoy the Chip n Dale campfire.

I think you almost need 2 days at HS now....especially with RotR opening. It sounds like both new rides will not be offering a FP at that time. I would personally do two days at MK.

The age of the kids is super important information here. My boys are 13 and 9 and would be pissed if we only went to AK once and also be pissed if we went to MK more than once.

Can I ask why 2 break days on a nine day vacation? I am not criticizing, I just wondered if there were other things around Orlando that you are doing (that we may want to do on our next trip). We always park hop so we can spend 2 full days at the MK and 1 full day at the other parks and the remaining days we park hop, a half day here and a half day there depending on what we want to redo or do if we didn't already do it.

I pretty much am doing the same as the op in a week. I left the last day for the 2nd HS day. If we see all we want the first time around at HS i can just use those tickets for another park that the kids liked. Granted no or limited fastpasses for the change, but still leaves a bit of flexibility.

I have more rest days, to do that , rest! Lounge by the pool, play mini golf, walk Disney Springs, and im staying at the fort , so dinner show one night, rent a boat for an hour or so, and the chip and dale campfire signalong. This is stuff we can do without taking the time away from the rides and stuff during park days.

I would say

MK x2
AK x2
HS x1
EP x1

But it all depends on what your group likes to do. HS has a lot of shows and my family doesn't enjoy the shows. Granted if you want to do both Star Wars rides then you might need 2 full days...for us the last time we went HS was a 1/2 day park. We actually really enjoyed EP but with all the construction going on, not sure if it will be a 2 day park or not.

There are no really wrong choices here!

Obviously, you want to nail down your FP+ selections for each day, however, once you are there, you are completely free to change your mind if you have had enough of one park or want to spend more time in another. You may even find that a last minute change still lets you score some great FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter