• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

How to reserve a possible split stay

thptrek

DIS Veteran
I am an owner at BLT and planning to make a one week reservation at my 11 month window. However, I would like to try to get a Poly Bungalow at the 7 month window for a couple of nights. To accomplish this should I book a full week under one reservation at BLT or should I book two BLT reservations (one for three days and one for four days)? Then if I can get a three day Poly later I can cancel the one BLT? I don't want to be in a situation with a full week reservation that I have to cancel the full week and rebook later. Hope this makes sense.

You didn't mention when you are going?

The bungalows is a lot easier to book than the studios as they are a lot more expensive pointwise. I think during most months the bungalows shouldn't be a problem at 7 months.

As to booking, if you know you are going to switch then book as you suggested yourself but remember to put another lead name on one of the reservations as DVC tend to combine them if the names matches and date are consecutive.

I would book two reservations under different names and change the names later. If you get PVB you an book online if you don't you can have MS merge the two BLT reservations.

:earsboy: Bill

Great advice. I appreciate the suggestions. We are looking at June next year. From current reports it seems that June has become a low season time of year. The thinking is that South American tourism is way down due to economic troubles and this has reduced visitor numbers into WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter