How to Personalize DISigns w/ MS Word:POST#85 Name Fills #92 Advanced #241 Newsletter

thanks for the tips. Now that I have a new version of word I will be working on these.

Dolly...thank you...thank you for posting these instructions. Like a previous poster indicated...I had trie to do this in paint but with no luck. Followed your directions step by step and it worked!!!! Yeah...I have already put in a request to have some items customized...but wanted to do some more...and now I can without overwhelming the designers. Thank you again...:goodvibes

Dolly...thank you...thank you for posting these instructions. Like a previous poster indicated...I had trie to do this in paint but with no luck. Followed your directions step by step and it worked!!!! Yeah...I have already put in a request to have some items customized...but wanted to do some more...and now I can without overwhelming the designers. Thank you again...:goodvibes

Yeah...thanks for the post! I'm so glad that it is working!!! It is such a great feeling to use one of the wonderful DISigns that you find on the board and then make it your own.

If you want to play around with different fonts...go to www.dafont.com which has a lot of free fonts that you can download onto your computer like "mickey" and "minnie" fonts that are used in the Mickey Mouse Club logo.

Here is another website where you can find lots of free fonts listed with the Disney park and attraction that uses the font:
http://mickeyavenue.com/fonts/disney-fonts.html

or disney cartoon fonts at: http://i-love-disney.com/downloads/disney-cartoon-fonts/

Here is one last website where you can find fonts for disney movies like brother bear, a bugs life, finding nemo, the incredibles, indiana jones, mickey mouse, monsters inc, star wars, scrabble tiles (for Toy Story Mania) http://www.typenow.net/themed.htm

Yeah for everyone that has tried using these directions and is having success!!! If you aren't...let me know so I can try to help you out.

Hi Dolly, Your tutorials are great. I was wondering if you can walk me through the steps on how to use clipart (making it smaller and moving it on a page). I want to make my own autograph pages but I don't know where to begin (really I have no clue how to do it). I basically want a single character on each page and maybe their name in the right font but that doesn't matter to me as much since they'll be signing it. I want to add a picture on the opposite page and have it bound at Kinko's. I started finding the characters I wanted to use and just printing them at the size they are (trying to find ones around the same size) and carefully cutting them out and pasting them directly to my pages. It is so time consuming cutting each one out, I know there has to be an easier way to do it. I have to make two books so it's double the work. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Phoebe

P.S. Do you know if anyone Disigns things for Disneyland? I would love autograph pages specifically for Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party at DCA. I loved the ones someone made for MNSSHP (I don't know who disigned them or where I found them but they were great).

Hi Dolly, Your tutorials are great. I was wondering if you can walk me through the steps on how to use clipart (making it smaller and moving it on a page). I want to make my own autograph pages but I don't know where to begin (really I have no clue how to do it). I basically want a single character on each page and maybe their name in the right font but that doesn't matter to me as much since they'll be signing it. I want to add a picture on the opposite page and have it bound at Kinko's. I started finding the characters I wanted to use and just printing them at the size they are (trying to find ones around the same size) and carefully cutting them out and pasting them directly to my pages. It is so time consuming cutting each one out, I know there has to be an easier way to do it. I have to make two books so it's double the work. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Phoebe

P.S. Do you know if anyone Disigns things for Disneyland? I would love autograph pages specifically for Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party at DCA. I loved the ones someone made for MNSSHP (I don't know who disigned them or where I found them but they were great).

Post #8 explains how to do this but let me see if I can simplify it for you...

Open up a new document and make it the size that you want to print and set your margins. If you are making autograph pages…you could make them 6 x 4 inches and set the margins all to “.3”.

PAGE BORDER
• Next for the fun of it and to make your autograph page look a little nicer…go to “format” then in the drop down menu select “borders and shading”
• Next click on the “page border” tab
• Pick the setting, style, color and width you want to use

INSERTING, MOVING AND RESIZING PICTURES
Helpful hint: get your pictures from www.disneyclips.com and copy them to your “my pictures” or wherever you save pictures. When you get images from this website you will be copying just the image not a box around it. This will make a difference when putting images on top of each other.
• insert the picture(s) you want on the page by going to the top of Word and clicking on "Insert" then in the drop down menu click on "Picture" then "from file" (DO NOT copy and paste a picture into MS Word directly from the web if you don’t want a white box around the image)
• To change the size of the picture left click on the corners of the picture and drag them towards the center to make the picture the size that you want
• IF YOU WANT TO PLACE THE PICTURE OVER PART OF YOUR BORDER OR ANOTHER IMAGE…once you have the picture just about the right size. Make sure that the picture is highlighted by clicking once more on the picture and a "picture toolbar" should pop up on your screen (since you have already been working with the picture it should already be on the screen). In the toolbar...look for a box with a picture of a dog and lines behind it which is the "text wrapping" tool. Click on that box and a drop down menu will appear. Click on "square". Then left click and drag the picture where you want it.
• Also play with the “in front of text” and “behind text” in the text wrapping screen to put images in front of behind each other if you have multiple images.
(hint: Only resize by dragging the corners of the picture...if you click or drag the circles in the middle or top center of the picture...you will distort the picture.)

ADVANCED AUTOGRAPH PAGES…
You mentioned that you liked the MNSSHP autograph pages that you had seen and you can make these to!
ADDING A BACKGROUND IMAGE
• Find a wallpaper image that you like. There are some great Disney wallpapers at this site: http://www.fanpop.com/spots/disney/wallpapers/
• Insert the picture into your word document and make it the size you want.
CROPPING A PICTURE
• If the picture (background) is not quite fitting evenly on the page…you can crop the sides of the picture.
• First, make sure the picture is highlighted by clicking once on the image.
• Then on the picture toolbar look for a picture of two plus signs which is the "crop" tool.
• Click on the "crop" tool and then point your mouse at the middle dots of the side and top of the picture (not the corners) and then left click and drag them toward the center.
• This will allow you to crop without distorting the picture.
FADE/WASHOUT AN IMAGE
• Once you are happy with your “background”…here is how you can blur/lighten the image so that you can add a picture of a character on top and still see the autograph.
• First make sure the image is highlighted.
• Then in the picture toolbar go to the second image from the left which is the “color” button.
• Click on the color button and in the drop down menu click on “washout”.
• Now your image should be lightened enough to see an autograph signature over the top of it
ADDING AN IMAGE OVER THE TOP OF A BACKGROUND
• Make sure your cursor is below your background image…it may be on page two and that is okay.
• insert the picture(s) you want on the page by going to the top of Word and clicking on "Insert" then in the drop down menu click on "Picture" then "from file" and find where you saved it to insert...
• Once the picture is inserted, drag the corners of the picture towards the center or awawy from the center to get it close to the size you want.
• In the picture toolbar...look for a box with a picture of a dog and lines behind it which is the "text wrapping" tool. Click on that box and a drop down menu will appear. Click on "in front of text". Then left click and drag the picture where you want it.

Let me know how these tutorials work for you. Thanks!

Just wanted to post a great big thank you for this thread. You have made 3 little girls, one big girl, and one hubby (that was being pestered by this big girl for personalization help) extremely happy! YOU ROCK :cool1: :banana: :love: :yay: :dance3:

Just wanted to post a great big thank you for this thread. You have made 3 little girls, one big girl, and one hubby (that was being pestered by this big girl for personalization help) extremely happy! YOU ROCK :cool1: :banana: :love: :yay: :dance3:

Yeah!!! And you made me happy to know that the directions worked and some more pixie dust has been spread! Great job on learning something new...so proud of you. Just so you know your addiction to all things Disney will get worse now that you can personalize your own things. Now run out and buy more ink, cardstock and transfer paper. :goodvibes

Dolly...I just wanted to let you know that I'm hooked. :banana: I have successful created my own Mickey Heads!! I had already downloaded some pre-designed Mickey Heads to my computer, but couldn't figure out how to add dates and names to them. I had also downloaded some blank, plain colored Mickey Heads, but again couldn't figure out how to add names, dates, and clip-art images to them. Well, I'm proud to say that I have accomplished both with your wonderful step by step directions. :cool1: I've added names and dates to the pre-designed Mickey Heads and I've designed 3 of my own Mickey Heads using the great clip-art links you previously provided. Thank you again....:goodvibes

Dolly...I just wanted to let you know that I'm hooked. :banana: I have successful created my own Mickey Heads!! I had already downloaded some pre-designed Mickey Heads to my computer, but couldn't figure out how to add dates and names to them. I had also downloaded some blank, plain colored Mickey Heads, but again couldn't figure out how to add names, dates, and clip-art images to them. Well, I'm proud to say that I have accomplished both with your wonderful step by step directions. :cool1: I've added names and dates to the pre-designed Mickey Heads and I've designed 3 of my own Mickey Heads using the great clip-art links you previously provided. Thank you again....:goodvibes

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the additiction! Now when someone walks up to you at the World or Land and asks where you got your shirt...you can say "I made it!"

Thanks to the OP!!! These instructions are going to come in handy for me. I love all of the disigns the disigners come up with but I feel like I'm being so demanding when I request that they personalize something for me. This way, I can do the simple ones myself!!!

Thanks again!!! :worship::cheer2::dance3::cheer2::flower3:

TIP OF THE DAY!!!

If you want to make fun sucker wrappers, CD Holders, Candy Bar Wrappers, Gum Wrappers, etc. Go to http://www.jersgirl.com/temps.html to find blank templates that you can save to your pictures then insert into MS Word and add words and pictures. Here is an example of a candy bar wrapper made using MS Word:

IMG_0756.jpg

Not only can you use templates and make candy wrappers, CD holders, etc...consider DISigning your own t-shirts as well. Here is a t-shirt that I DISigned just using MS Word for my son who is a big fan of "playhouse disney" by taking different images like the playhouse disney logo adding the word "fanatic" all of the characters (Mickey and the Gang, Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and Pooh & Friends) and a border around it...all just using MS Word!:

IMG_0160.jpg

Don't forget to let me know how you are doing with the tutorials on this thread. And make sure that you start a new thread and post your pictures of your finished products so that DISigners can see their artwork with your added touch! It makes the DISigners feel great to see finished products with their artwork on it and it is a great way to thank them for their hard work.

Dolly...AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup2 Absolutely Awesome. :thumbsup2 Thank you so much. I too am addicted.

I have a question: Is it possible to make the text slanted? I have a blank which requires my words to be on a diagonal rather than horizontal.

HOW TO CHANGE TEXT ORIENTATION FROM HORIZONTAL TO VERTICAL

• First set up a text box
• Then type the word that you want to be vertical in the text box
• Next highlight the word and go to "format" then "text direction" and click on the box for the orientation that you want
• Then go to “format” and go to the “text box” tab to play with or delete the “colors and lines”
• Also in “format” play with the “layout” tab to place your word in front of or behind other layers

I will keep trying to play with the slant...

THANKS TO ANOTHER POSTER...I found out you can do it using "Word Art". Check out how to use "Word Art" in the first post. You can insert a word using "word art" and then rotate the word using the instructions on the post below this one.

Dolly

TIP OF THE DAY!!

How to rotate a picture

• Find the rotate handle by clicking on the image then look for a small round green circle or circles along the outside line of the image.
• Point at the green circle and hold down the left button on your mouse, then drag the rotate handle on the object in the direction you want to rotate it.
• Note: if you don't see a rotate handle, first click on the picture to highlight it then in the lower left corner of the program window, click “Draw”, point to “Rotate or Flip”, and then click “Free Rotate”. Now the green circles should show up on the image.
• When you go to draw...if you are not able to click on "free rotate" click on "rotate left 90" then for some reason that will open up the "free rotate"

Have a great day!

:worship: Dolly, this is awesome!! :yay:
I hope this becomes a sticky up top of this forum.
Subscribing :thumbsup2

Dolly please help! I am a first time user and trying to copy/paste designs into word. I have followed your tutorial but am still having problems. I copy/paste into word, then I click on image, go to pictures, format and resize to 8" for height and width. But everytime the right side of the mouse ear or image is cut off. I have tried changing margins, etc. and don't know what to do or what I am doing wrong. Thank you so much for your help!!

Dolly please help! I am a first time user and trying to copy/paste designs into word. I have followed your tutorial but am still having problems. I copy/paste into word, then I click on image, go to pictures, format and resize to 8" for height and width. But everytime the right side of the mouse ear or image is cut off. I have tried changing margins, etc. and don't know what to do or what I am doing wrong. Thank you so much for your help!!

Can you give me a link to the image that you are trying to play with so I can try to see if it does the same thing for me and I can figure out how to fix it.

***the image may still be too large for the page size you are using. Try making the height 5" then if you need to resize it...drag the corners by pointing at them with your mouse and holding down the left mouse button and dragging the image in or out.

TIP OF THE DAY!!!

How to make a silhouette

1. Make sure you get your image from www.disneyclips.com or make sure it is a type of file that is only the image and doesn't have a block around it. gif and png files usually work well for this.
2. Save the image to your pictures...then insert the picture into word. You can't copy and paste directly into word as it will no longer be a gif or png file and will have a block around the image.
3. Next click on the image so that the picture toolbar opens up
4. In the picture toolbar click on the second image starting on the left side that is the "color" button. In the dropdown menu click on "grayscale".
5. Now look for the two "sun" buttons and click on the one with the down arrow for "less bright". Keep clicking on this button until your image is completely black.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter